ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DENING PEOPLE TO PROTECT LIFE LIBERTY AND PROPERTY IS A SOROS POLICY. GO SANTIS.

• Pretty pathetic that we need to have statutory law to give us the permission to use our already existing UNalienable rights as stated in our Bill of Rights. 

It is a sad statement of where we are in the complete ignorance of what we possess. God bless Desantis but this is still a sorry statement of who we are.

• What about human life? Is it right to protect your family and your neighbor or yourself?

• I'm one of them George

• I won't go hunt them down bit I WILL protect myself, family, and neighbors!!!!!

• Looters should be shot but not for mere suspicion.  Catch them in the act of looting, arson, or rioting and I say open season but only during the act not merely because they "might have" or "might do".

• Agreed

• Put a sign up that says "Looters will be shot"and if they gather to start throwing Molotov cocktails shoot the bottles and laugh as they get sprayed with their oun flames and run away being human street lights, just don't forget the marsh mellows.

• In most places where riot, arson, and looting are occurring a Curfew is in effect, and police orders to vacate the streets have been issued...   The State should have no claim when criminals make contact with a bullet while violating the law.  The Castle Law and the general right to self-defense from criminal action should prevail. However, we have judges and prosecutors who have no moral conscience or sense of justice. These judges and prosecutors need to be fired and disbarred.

• if they are in the middle of a riot, with looting, they are a part of it and I have not qualms about them dying for it.

It used to be that if you took part in a robbery and someone died during it, you got hung even if you didn't kill the person.  

Makes sense to me.

And yes my property is worth the thief/arsonist/vandals life.

This reply was deleted.