TheFrontPageCover
~ Featuring ~  
Hypocrites Decry Trump's 
Sanctuary City Pitch
Nate Jackson  
.
Attorney General Bill Barr Cracks Down On 
Catch-And-Release For Asylum Seekers  
by Amber Athey
dailycaller.com } ~ Attorney General Bill Barr decided Tuesday that asylum seekers who meet the “credible fear” threshold are no longer eligible... to be released on bond, stymying at least one method illegal immigrants use to gain access to the United States. The new rule will apply to all asylum seekers who demonstrate “credible fear” in their home countries, regardless if they turned themselves in at ports of entry or if they were detained between the ports. Barr’s decision stems from an October 2018 review of Department of Justice (DOJ) policy regarding bond hearings for immigrants seeking asylum, and overrules a previous Board of Immigration Appeals decision from 2005. According to a DOJ official, Barr was informed by the Immigration and Nationality Act, which states that immigrants who establish credible fear “shall be detained for further consideration of the application for asylum” or may be “paroled into the United States . . . for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit.” The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) would have the jurisdiction to parole immigrants — otherwise they will be held indefinitely while they wait to appear in front of an immigration judge. The ability of illegal immigrants to meet the “credible fear” threshold and then be released into the interior of the United States pending further immigration proceedings has proven to be a significant challenge for the Trump administration. President Donald Trump has accused some immigrants of gaming the asylum system and receiving coaching on how to pass an interview with an asylum officer, even if the immigrant knows they will not ultimately be granted asylum after the full process. According to former DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, 80% of asylum cases at the southern border do not conclude with entry to the United States...
.
Denver-area school districts cancel classes 
amid ‘credible threat’ of woman ‘infatuated’ 
with Columbine shooting
by Bradford Betz  
{foxnews.com} ~ Multiple Denver-area school districts have canceled classes for Wednesday after a Miami woman “infatuated” with the 1999 Columbine massacre... made threats and traveled to Colorado where she bought firearms earlier this week, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI. Sol Pais, 18, who has a history of making “concerning” comments, arrived in Colorado from Miami early Monday and bought a pump action shotgun and ammunition, the FBI told reporters Tuesday evening.  The FBI’s Miami office had reportedly alerted its Denver counterpart after learning of the potential threat. After consulting with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, Denver Public Schools, Douglas County School District, 27J Schools, Adams 12 Five Star, Aurora Public Schools, Englewood Schools, Jefferson County Schools and Cherry Creek Schools decided to cancel classes for Wednesday, the Denver Channel reported. Authorities said Pais was last seen in the foothills of Denver and remains at large. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is currently leading multiple agencies in a massive manhunt. While no warrant has been issued for her arrest, the FBI said that district attorneys and the U.S. attorney’s office are discussing appropriate charges. The FBI's Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force issued a notice Tuesday describing Pais as "infatuated with the Columbine school shooting." The alert said police who come into contact with her should detain her and evaluate her mental health... Update: She was found dead in Jefferson County mountain.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-infatuated-with-columbine-shooting...  
.
Former British Spymaster Has Flown Under
Radar In Russia Probe, Despite
Links To Key Figures  
by Chuck Ross
dailycaller.com } ~ Sir Richard Dearlove has avoided scrutiny during the Russia probe, despite having links to several of the former spies... government informants and targets involved in the U.S. government’s collusion investigation. Dearlove, who served as chief of MI6 from 1999 to 2004, had contact during the 2016 campaign with dossier author Christopher Steele. He is also a close colleague of Stefan Halper, the alleged FBI and CIA informant who established contact with several Trump campaign advisers. Dearlove and Halper attended a Cambridge political event in July 2016 where Halper had his first contact with Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The retired British spymaster also hosted, along with Halper, an event at Cambridge in 2014 attended by Michael Flynn, who served at the time as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Dearlove and Halper  are reported to have expressed concerns about Flynn’s contacts at the event with Svetlana Lokhova, a Russia-born student at Cambridge. Those warnings were somehow shared with American intelligence. Despite his presence at those key junctures, Dearlove has mostly dodged media attention, as well as that of American lawmakers investigating the origins of the Russia probe. That’s perhaps a testament to Dearlove’s 38 years in MI6. Dearlove is best known internationally for his links to a dossier, though not the one authored by Steele, a former MI6 officer. Dearlove was head of MI6 when the British government peddled a report alleging that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The British government, led by Prime Minister Tony Blair, used the dossier as a pretext to launch a war against Iraq...   https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/16/richard-dearlove-steele-russia-h...  
.
F-35B Allowed Essex ARG to Flex New 
Blue-Water Capabilities in Absence 
of Carrier Nearby
by Megan Eckstein
news.usni.org } ~ The F-35B Joint Strike Fighter is not only changing the way Marine forces conduct their missions, it is also changing the way the amphibious navy can do its work in the absence of an aircraft carrier... leaders from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit and Essex Amphibious Ready Group said. The Essex ARG and 13th MEU were the first to deploy from the United States with the F-35B, and they operated in the Pacific and Middle East from mid-July until their March 1 return home to San Diego. The deployment not only generated lessons learned on how to operate and sustain the F-35B jets as part of the Marine unit and in support of its objectives ashore, but also how to use the new jet to support blue-water Navy missions at sea, 13th MEU Commanding Officer Col. Chandler Nelms and Amphibious Squadron 1 Operations Officer Lt. Cmdr. David Mahoney told the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies on April 12. “We’re definitely changing the way amphibs are employed, especially on the blue side – we’re no longer just the trucks that carry Marines that we used to be,” Mahoney said. “There was no carrier in 5th Fleet, for example, so a lot of the CSG-like duties we started taking over just because we had to.”Though Mahoney made clear the ARG/MEU team could never replace a carrier air wing, he said “the ARG is now becoming almost like a mini CSG, where as part of the warfare concept we were executing many of those duties that would normally reserve to a CVN. There was no CVN except for the last couple of weeks while we were in theater in 5th Fleet, so we were doing that traditional role on USS Essex  (LHD-2) and working with other ships too. The ARG/MEU team is definitely in high demand to fill those roles as the Navy is spreading out further and further around the globe,” he said, noting that the deployed aircraft carrier, USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) was at the time focused on operations in Europe and north of the Arctic Circle rather than deploying to the Middle East as many had expected it would. “We are being treated as a CSG in a lot of respects: you can see that layered defense, so we were always bringing in destroyers to help work with us – East and West Coast, wherever they came from, they were integrating with the team,” the operations officer continued. “It’s not just the two or three amphibs that we had; we were bringing in destroyers, we worked with Europeans and their ships – this is what has to happen as the carriers are being sometimes sent elsewhere because the needs are rising elsewhere.”...   https://news.usni.org/2019/04/16/f-35b-allowed-essex-arg-to-flex-ne...  
.
France Bans Iran’s Mahan Air
by Matthew Zweig  

fdd.org } ~ France last month banned Iran’s Mahan Air from flying in and out of the country citing the commercial airline’s transfers of equipment and personnel to Syria’s Assad regime and other Middle East conflict zones...
 The move, which comes two months after a similar injunction  by Germany, likely reflects the Trump administration’s increasing pressure on European governments. Since Syria’s civil war began, Tehran has utilized Mahan Air to provide troops and materiel to Assad’s forces and Hezbollah. These transfers have significantly bolstered their military capabilities, fueling Syria’s atrocities against its own people and spurring Israeli airstrikes against Iran-backed forces. Mahan Air may also pose a risk to Europe itself. In recent years, Iran has committed or attempted to commit multiple terror attacks and assassinations against Iranian dissidents in France, Denmark, and the Netherlands. “It cannot be ruled out that this airline could also transport cargo to Germany that threatens our security,” a German official said. “This is based on knowledge of past terrorist activities by Iran in Europe.” In 2011, the scumbag/liar-nObama administration  sanctioned Mahan Air to fly to and from countries in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, since the sanctions did not effectively target the service providers that give essential support to Mahan’s operations. The Trump administration has begun to correct this lapse. In July 2018, Washington established a precedent by sanctioning Malaysia-based Mahan Travel and Tourism Sdn Bhd for providing reservation and ticketing services to Mahan Air. In September 2018, it designated Thailand-based My Aviation Ltd for serving as Mahan Air’s general services agent...   https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2019/04/16/france-bans-irans-mahan-air/  
.
.
Hypocrites Decry Trump's Sanctuary City Pitch
Nate Jackson:  In the latest entry in the fascinating Leftmedia genre known as Anonymous Sources, The Washington Post stirred the pot on immigration again Friday. So let’s take a step back from the churn and evaluate what’s really going on here.

But first, briefly, the WaPo said its reporters reviewed emails between White House officials discussing twice in recent months the possibility of releasing illegal aliens in sanctuary cities. That story was quickly picked up by other media outlets. Officially, the White House dismissed the report, saying, “This was just a suggestion that was floated and rejected, which ended any further discussion.”

Nevertheless, it gave Nancy Pulosi (D-San Fran-Sanctuary City) the opportunity to blast her nemesis: “The extent of this administration’s cynicism and cruelty cannot be overstated. Using human beings — including little children — as pawns in their warped game to perpetuate fear and demonize immigrants is despicable.”

Of course, her statement applies far more to Democrat behavior than anything else. Moreover, is Pulosi upset that Trump is detaining illegal alien children, or that he’s releasing them?

Soon, however, Donald Trump responded that, yes, his administration is giving “strong considerations” to the idea. “The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy — so this should make them very happy!” Trump wrote. Nobody trolls the Left quite like Trump.

Trump also declared, “The USA has the absolute legal right to have apprehended illegal immigrants transferred to Sanctuary Cities. We hereby demand that they be taken care of at the highest level, especially by the State of California, which is well known or its poor management & high taxes!”

In any case, while much of the chattering class is debating whether Trump’s idea is even legal or how it makes any sense at all, we’ll save that debate for such a time that this is an actual plan. For now, the real question should be turned in the other direction.

Sanctuary cities flaunt, reject, and even actively oppose federal immigration law. It’s easy to imagine that when illegals are released, they often end up in sanctuary cities anyway. Trump has a point — Democrats should welcome this opportunity with open arms. Yet these hypocrites are hysterically screaming about even the suggestion that the federal government might make them put their money where their mouths are, so to speak. The truth is Democrats cynically exploit immigrants of both the legal and illegal variety so they can obtain political power. They also hope to remain insulated from the consequences of their terrible policies. All the Trump administration’s suggestion does is highlight Democrat hypocrisy.  ~The Patriot Post

https://patriotpost.us/articles/62377?mailing_id=4204&utm_mediu...  

Views: 7

Comment

You need to be a member of Tea Party Command Center to add comments!

Join Tea Party Command Center

LIGHTER SIDE

 

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

Deep State Treason:  Former State Dept. Official Under Trump Tells China To Quit Negotiating Until Trump Is Removed In 2020

Deep state traitors no longer hide their deep hatred for the American people —

Mrs. Susan Thornton, the former acting assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration, told her Beijing audience to stop negotiating until President Trump is removed from office in 2020.

Until July 2018, she was Acting Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs at the Department of State and led East Asia policy making amid crises with North Korea, escalating trade tensions with China, and a fast-changing international environment.

The Conservative Treehouse and The South China Morning News reported:

A former official in the Trump administration has said that China can weather the storm brought by the trade war with the United States but might have to “keep steady, keep their heads down and wait” for change in the White House.

Susan Thornton, former acting assistant secretary of state to US President Donald Trump, told a gathering in Shanghai on Wednesday that she hoped a trade deal between the US and China could be concluded by next month.

But the reality was that it would “take a while” for China and the US to talk about cooperation again, Thornton, who in 20 years rose to become the US State Department’s chief negotiator for East Asia and Pacific affairs, told the South China Morning Post.

“I want to be optimistic,” said Thornton, whose 27-year career in Washington ended in July. “I tell all our foreign counterparts they should keep steady, keep their heads down and wait. [They should] try to not let anything change dramatically.”

“If this sceptical attitude towards talking diplomacy continues in this administration, you might have to wait till another administration,” Thornton said at an event held by National Committee of US-China relations and Shanghai’s American Chamber.

Embedded video
EAP Bureau    @USAsiaPacific
 

Acting Asst. Sec. Susan Thornton and EAP team en route to her nomination hearing before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee! 

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service