ADMIN

Governor Inslee - Meme Magnet - All the Memes in one place | We the Governed

Washington Democrats hope to go easy on drive-by murderers in order to promote racial equity for criminals. It’s the latest light-on-crime scheme pushed under the guise of being anti-racist.

House Bill 1692 lessens the criminal penalties for drive-by shootings. It prohibits using a drive-by shooting as a basis for elevating a first degree murder charge to an aggravated first degree murder. The bill is also retroactive, lessening punishment for those already found guilty in drive-by shooting cases. It even offers carve-outs to release felons from jail if they committed their violent act when they were under 21-years-old.

The bill’s sponsors, state Representatives Tarra Simmons (D-Bremerton) and David Hackney (D-Tukwila), pre-filed the bill ahead of the Jan. 10, 2022, start to the legislative session. They claim this change promotes “racial equity in the criminal legal system.” It does no such thing. It merely goes easy on criminals who deserve lifetime jail sentences.

HB 1692, if passed, would remove drive-by shootings from the list of aggravated factors. Thus, a drive-by murderer, if charged and convicted, could be released from prison. But the bill goes even farther than reclassifying drive-by shootings.

read more:

https://mynorthwest.com/3293353/rantz-wa-democrats-bill-says-its-racial-equity-to-go-easy-on-drive-by-murderers/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yup, that should be the question every time, who puts them into office???????

we should require a test before people can vote, they must have more than two functioning brain cells!

• The warped minds that came up with this contorted bill need to be removed from office... such fundamental lawlessness and moral duplicity must not hold high office... this sort of reasoning and legislation is how nations are morally bankrupted and destroyed.

• .......well........are we there yet?

• For all intents and purposes, we are bankrupt financially and morally...  We are the walking dead... Just ask any Chicago voter.  It will take a miracle from God to turn this nation around.

• I'm praying for that miracle!

• So am I

• It is way beyond me how drive-by murders, or any murders for that matter, can be construed as racial equality.   Are these lunatics claiming that certain races are incapable of basic morality and therefore should not be held accountable for their actions? 

• The warped minds of the left see Blacks murdering Whites as reparations for past abuses by some in America... they justify it as social justice... in fact, it is the Marxist promotion of racial tensions in an effort to stir up a racial war... dividing America along racial and ethnic lines. Too, divide and conquer America.

• These Democrats are insame. May it happen to them first.

• 'Racial equity' appears to mean special privieges for black Americans because, well, because whites are by their nature racist, and therefore are, by their nature, oppressors, and so 'we owe them'.  Whereas as I recall, Sen. Hubert Humphrey, a chief advocate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, said that it was simply all about 'creating a level playing field,' in the way of Opportunity, so that blacks would be treated no differently, legally, from whites.  All citizens being equal in the eyes of the law.  (The same as with the 14th Amendment.)  Those days seem to be long gone.  What has happened, that has created this mentality of reverse discrimination??  Ah.  I get it.  It's called Marxism.  Class warfare by another name.  Hence The 1619 Project; and so forth...Time to send these nation subverters packing, from the positions of power that they have quietly amassed for themselves and their ideology, under the rubric of the Marxian philosophy of 'The long march through the institutions' - of our governments and schools and entertainment and tax-exempt Foundations, and so forth.  While America Slept.  But no more.  The matter is right up in our faces, now.  We either live by Truth.  Or we die by suicide.                            

This reply was deleted.