Replies

• What can possibly be wrong with refusing hate and wanting to have a dialogue from the center... neither radically right nor left?  Those who are offended over his speech are driving the hate in America and it is the woke culture that needs to be ostracized for sowing hate, instead of lifting others' feet off the ground by truly caring for them.

• We didn't get to see what happened next. The Hollywood elites are full of hate towards anyone who does not conform to their wickedness.

• Ditto

• WELL SAID TYLER PERRY!  GOD BLESS YOU! 

• Refuse to hate?

I don't.  If refusing to hate means to tolerate everything.  What people choose to do is often despicable, and their actions should not be excused, tolerated, or accepted.  Race or heritage has nothing at all to do with it.

In the context of his speech Tyler Perry made a good point. But refusing to hate is a much broader subject than discrimination based on color or sex.  He was speaking to an audience of people who think that acceptance is a virtue, that morals are what they choose to make, and absolute right and wrong is........well, wrong.   And they HATE the very idea of it.

I'll tell you one thing for sure.  If one such as myself, stood before them and gave a short speech on hate, they wouldn't applaud, they would openly hate me with utter disgust and revulsion, as if I were a cockroach on their dinner plate.

God is Love.  And He Hates certain things.  

I like Tyler Perry. He is a talented man.

• Dale...

Excellent comment and on the mark.  , “Six things the Lord hates; in fact, seven are detestable to him.” —Proverbs 6:16-19

For a complete list of things God Hates see: 7 - Seven Things God Hates | Bible Sins (divorcehope.com) 

7 - Seven Things God Hates | Bible Sins
      A Revelation of: The Seven (7) Things God Hates of Proverbs 6:16-19. There are things that God Hates. Yes, they are Bible sins, but more importantly,…
    • ADMIN

Listen to this speech again. He specifically calls out the Social Meida sites etc that are pushing this narrative.

• As I tried to say, in the context of which he is speaking he is making a good point.

But, Hate is not necessarily a deplorable (thank you Hillary) characteristic. And that was my point. Those in his gathering at this event  think that is. The old saying applies; To them, Intolerence will not be tolerated.

This reply was deleted.