Replies

• Would that we actually were the GOP now.  We are merely the GOP voters.  The same Establishment figures are in control, in the state committees and certainly in the RNC. Ronna McDaneil?  No accident that she is Mitt Romney's niece.

We will NEVER be the GOP until we, the voters, run the GOP.  We do not.  We don't decide who gets funding and endorsements.  We don't decide how candidates will vote on legislation, what legislation is introduced, or once introduced, in the instance of Speaker or Majority Leader, what pending legislation is actually brought up for a vote.  We don't decide on who congressional staffers are.  We have no reliable way of viewing pending legislation prior to a final vote because there is no legislative preamble detailing the legislation, what it addresses and how, if passed, it will satify the reason for its passage.  Neither can we penalize, effectively, elected members of congress/legisature who vote in opposition to the party's stated agenda, nor for that matter, do we even get to see an "agenda", only a vaguely worded "platform".  We have no way of preventing elected members from being compromised in any number of ways and then controlled by forces we oppose. 

Far from being the GOP, we are only the useful idiots (V.I.Lenin's term for the rank and file)  they rely upon in order to continue their role as Leftist enablers.  It will remain that way until we all go to a replacement party -- as the GOP was in 1856 -- with rules in place in that party to make sure we are in control and stay in control.

• JD, exactly correct on all points!!!!!!!!!!

• JD, all of what you write is correct in my humble opinion - except the last sentence.  If and when McConnell runs for office again, if he has a primary opponent, we can flood his primary challenger with dollars.  Mitch determines the amount of money his primary challenger receives from the GOP funds.  The challenger will get virtually no money as McConnell is not stupid.  But McConnell cannot touch the dollars we send directy to his challenger.  If our donations and the challenger's intellect and statements can defeat McConnell, then McConnell is ousted and the Majority Leader seat is vacant.  Then, perhaps, we can influence the nomination and election of a new Majority Leader, one to our liking.  Then, maybe, laws could be passed that satisfy your wishes as stated.  I do not know what others think, but I liked reading your post. 

• John, it's not just McConnell! Or Ryan.  It's far deeper. They were soldiers for the Left, like McCain, Murkowsy, Collins.  I call them "stoppers".  Tell me, what kind of party leadership is going to keep members in good standing who, when what all their voters want is Repeal of Obamacare, they have a president who will sign it, and yet three GOP senators who voted with the Democrats reject the the will of millions and millions of GOP voters, many who voted for them on the understanding that they were for repeal, and that is okay with the party??  No consequences?  But that's only a single instance.  There are more people like that waiting in the wings.  How can it be?  How many GOP members of congress have come out in the media, written or otherwise communicated with their electorate that something should be done about Anthony Fauci?  The guy had at his direction, "gain of function" work done to take a virus harmless to humans  modified such that it was deadly to humans and highly communicable..  A look at federal law clearly states that that kind of development is striclty illegal.  Now look at the consequences of that act for Americans -- and the rest of the targeted nations in Europe.  But where's the GOP?  I'm not hearing them.  For my GOP rep it might as well never have happened.  I had a meet and greet for the guy the year he won office.  Mistake.  But I was still a believer then.  No more.  Where are the GOP on all the illegal mandates, the past "shutdowns" and all the rest?  The vaccines are valueless to those who took them, at best.  They've killed and maimed many.  Yet they are full of billions and billions of dollars of value to those making them..  Where are Republicans demanding immediate repeal of recent laws or whatever they were, decrees probably, indemnifying those making those poisons from prosecution?  If there are any who either get it or care, someone is shutting them up and down.  It can only be the leadership or other compromising factors.  In some cases, I don't doubt for a minute that many are aboard with the "great reset".  Why are they all blaming the incredible human reject, Biden, for inflation when they too piled on gleefully signing multi-thousand page spending bills, multiple times, with much of the money going out of the country to places where our citizens have ZERO interest?  They have devalued our currency just as surely as the Left has.  It's "easy money", with all the new construction loans alone the Fed must be priniting it overtime.  If everyone is so stressed financially, then why are interest rates so low?  I don't hear the GOP talking about it, other than to blame Biden.  So, if everyone thinks it's Biden fault, but that the GOP is a shining example of responsible management, how will anything change? Hello professional wrestiling.  The two parties are a tag team for our entertainment, not our participation, working for the same interests.  .They restrict our participation to "getting out the vote".

We can't fight it and win, or at least not in the long term.  We have to emasculate that power, making it harmless by taking it out of the party, entirely.  Only getting a far firmer hand on those the voters send to congress will bring that about.  Check out this design for that: founderspartyofamerica.org  There are some ideas there which I think would work. 

• There is a difference when you vote for a known communist, knowingly giving the enemy power, and a Republican who ends up being a RINO is something we see after they are in power.......then they must be voted out. It is unavoidable to sometime be disappointed in a candidate, that's why we must pay attention to politics......so we can take back the power from the undeserving.

• LOVE the Capone quote!  LOL!

• As far as I'm  concerned he and 80% or the rhinos in Wash could leave tomorrow and 98% of the Dem's could go with them.  After that 99.5% of the carreer public employees that do nothing for their salary could take a hike (virtually all of them). Let's start over with a clean slate and get back to what the founders originally set up in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yup.  BTW, if the "Durham" investigation goes all the way and in a timely fashion, it could result in much devastation (jail) to the dems AND RINOs.  Those vacancies could open the door to the demise of career Swample  People.   Just thinking out loud or dreaming, hoping.

• The turtle needs to be gone 

• Turtle soup is on the menu!

This reply was deleted.