ADMIN

Allentown elections judge charged in Pa. House race - The Morning Call

Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin on Monday announced charges against an elections judge in Allentown’s 3rd Ward who was accused of tampering with ballots during the Democratic primary race for state representative between Enid Santiago and Peter Schweyer.

Everett “Erika” Bickford was charged with two election code violations: insertion and alteration of entries in documents, and prying into ballots, both misdemeanors.

During an interview with detectives, Bickford said she did not alter any ballots or change the voter’s choices, but admitted darkening some bubbles they chose, Martin said in a news release. She estimated that she darkened voters' bubbles about 30 times, Martin said. Bickford also said she “trimmed” ballots' jagged edges so the machine would accept them.

Bickford was not charged with altering or changing votes to favor either Schweyer or Santiago, who were vying for the Democratic nomination for the Pennsylvania General Assembly’s 22nd District.

Detectives examined all of the ballots cast at the 3rd Ward polling place and found no evidence of erasure marks, whiteout, or any other indications of a double vote in any of the races listed on the ballot, Martin said. They also found no spoiled, or discarded, ballots.

Santiago has maintained that Bickford “stole the election” on behalf of Schweyer, whom Bickford supports. Schweyer defeated Santiago by just 55 votes, or 1.26 percentage points. In the 3rd Ward, however, Santiago received 95 votes to Schweyer’s 52. Of the 85 ballots cast at the Lehigh Valley Government Center, the 3rd Ward polling place Bickford oversaw, Schweyer received 22 votes to Santiago’s 63.

read more:

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-charges-filed-allentown-elections-judge-bickford-20201005-agyesiv4avfhlb2atjhow3hkk4-story.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They are definitely bringing the image of darkness... not light with them.  So, yes they are the 'other vania'  The first brought good news and light into the world, this 'vania' will bring in darkness and bad news.

• This seems true. Yet I have always had a soft spot for Bella Lugosi, victimized by the communist occupation of Hungary. He could never return home as a successful capitalist.

• Diane.... elections have consequences... judges are appointed and laws passed that we would not want to see ... It is up to the People to vote the bums out of office.  If the electoral system is corrupted, then the people must rise up and demand resignations and new elections, under proper supervision.  If that fails, revolution may be necessary, to enforce the law where government officials will not, and are in fact the criminals who have usurped their authority thru rigged elections.

• Problem as I see it Ronald is that all to many of the people are bought and sold and in return give up their vote often to depots.

I have always believed that those who pay the taxes should be the ones who get to vote. I know, some will say I am denying a free people the right to vote but I claim that one is not free if they submit to the control of the state and submit themselves to generational charity. The taxpayer pays for his/her vote; the freeloader concels that vote, more often than not, for self gain.

• You are in good company Diane... as many of our founding father's wanted tax-paying citizens ONLY to have the vote... that proposition has many advantages when it comes to keeping government small and checked in its range of power... the electorate certainly would think twice about FREE STUFF... whatever that may be?

• Diane, that is what I have always thought. People don't really care to be informed until it involves their own money and safety.

• Amazing, the Detectives found no evidence of erasure marks or whiteout ... as if those committing election fraud would be so stupid.  How about the substituting of new ballots for the original... if she got away with trimming them... how about simply filling out a new ballot?  The idea that the Detectives found no discarded or spoiled ballots doesn't mean dozens were not thrown out or others added to the total.

This sort of fraud should be a felony, not a misdemeanor.  This sort of fraud is very difficult to prove unless there are witnesses to the acts willing to come forward or the individual performing such acts is completely incompetent and leaves spoiled and discarded ballots laying around.  

What this proves is that our elections can be and are being illegally rigged and subverted by election and voter fraud.

• Absentee ballots should be ok once someone actually registered to vote applies for one and gives a legitimate reason for the request. Mail in ballots are an invitation for fraud. Unless someone has a valid reason to request an absentee ballot they should not be issued. Otherwise either show up to vote in person, prepared to show a valid ID you don't vote.

• In most states, absentee ballots have to be certified by a notary statement.  The US Military uses an affidavit attesting to the soldier voting being the one submitting the Ballot... Military officers are federal notaries.  Absentee ballots are closely supervised and must be properly certified before being added to the vote totals.

• So true, Ronald. In many states one has to apply for an absentee ballot in person. Mail-in ballots, as I see it, offers the fraudulent opposite, no voter ID nor certification.

This reply was deleted.