ADMIN

7088691666?profile=RESIZE_710x

A Michigan school district fired a popular high school teacher and coach after he pointed out that "Trump is our president" on social media.

Varsity baseball coach and social studies teacher Justin Kucera said Walled Lake school district officials hauled him into a closed-door meeting after he indicated his support for President Trump's speech to reopen schools. He told the Washington Free Beacon the Walled Lake Western principal and district superintendent gave him an ultimatum: be fired or resign.

"I was required to meet with [human resources], the superintendent, and my principal [on July 10]. They initially took my statement on why I tweeted those tweets and they told me they would have a decision about my future employment in the upcoming days. When they completed the meeting, I was told I had the option to either be fired or resign." Kucera said.

Neither the school district nor the principal responded to requests for comment.

Kucera said the statement that cost him his job was intended to unify, rather than divide.

"I know a lot of people are just rooting for Trump to fail, and I don't think that anybody should do that," Kucera said. "Agree with him or not, you should want the president to do well. I apologized that [my tweet] brought so much negative attention, but I'm not sorry for what I said."

Kucera was a popular figure at the high school before the episode, according to parents and former teachers. Even his detractors lauded him on social media as they condemned the tweet. One student said she would need to find a new "favorite teacher" after seeing the missive. Multiple sources said that the teacher never brought politics into the classroom.

read more here: https://freebeacon.com/campus/mi-school-fires-popular-teacher-for-saying-trump-is-our-president/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That all sounds very good.

"Those benefits of working for the government"? - As far as I know, government employees usually get health care and retirement benefits, probably also very generous compared to what people get who don't work for the government - federal, state, or local, it doesn't matter. Each one of these two, health care and retirement, is a very large financial burden on most individuals and families who have to provide for these on their own. If you don't have to provide for these on your own, a tremendous financial burden is lifted from you. So, to me it sounds almost disingenuine if recipients of such government support speak against it or against people who don't have such support but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't receive such benefits from the government. I am glad that I live in a country where my own initiative is rewarded and where I assume responsibility for my own affairs without government much interference. I don't like government interference and I put my money where my mouth is: I never wanted to work for the government in the first place and be dependent on the very thing that I think is a problem in our country.

• Marlene, my response was to Ronald. - Reagan did teach us that lower tax rates ultimately mean higher collections. Reagan and Trump can be trusted totally. Both men have done amazing work for America, and I am sure that their budget predictions will work out and would have worked out already if it wasn't for the tax and spend commies who screw up the long term trajectory of the debt. If it wasn't for slick willy and obummer, we would have a balanced budget as a result of Reagan's tax cuts.

You are civil service like Ronald is military. So, both of you have lived on government incomes, good fringe benefits, and pensions. That's cool. I have spend my career in the private sector, where fringe benefits are hard to get and there are no pensions except for the one you create yourself, independent of the government. I think it is a tremendous luxury to live on the government who doesn't go bankrupt. Good for you guys!

• Thanks for simplifying it for me. The average interest rate on all government debt is 1.875% as of June 30, 2020. It represents about 7% of the total budget. If interest rates doubled, this payment would be 14% of the budget if all else stayed the same.

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/rates/pd/avg/2020/2020_06.htm

Military spending is the largest single expenditure category.

Government - June
    • That's why I'm saying interest rates are never going to go to 6% again. Even an increase of one percentage point can cause a recession. There is no way interest rates can triple. We'd be bankrupt in no time. 

I still think Trump is fiscally responsible and will cut the deficit to zero in the long run but covid got in the way. Bush had the same intention with his tax cuts but the great recession got in the way. If you don't trust Trump and his handling of the budget, why do you do support him still? Do you think the demonrats would be even worse? 

• So, if Johnny was caught smoking its ok for me to smoke... Just because Obama doubled the deficit doesn't make it right for Trump to sign off on adding 5 Trillion to the debt.  We must cut spending and taxes must reflect sufficient revenue to meet current obligations and pay down the debt... we must not approve budgets that add to the debt.

The welfare state must be ended... we can not allow illegal aliens to enter as we need those jobs for able-bodied welfare recipients... we must enforce the limits on the welfare reform act signed into law under Regan... 3yrs max on welfare, then it's cut off permanently.  We need welfare to work programs that function properly and actually return welfare recipients to work.  Bill Clinton's waver, by EO, on the Limits to welfare payments, allowed those payments to be made under the emergency orders of the President and/or Governors. That EO must be vacated and the welfare reform act requirements enforced.

• Didn't he know that he can say anything about promoting commies and marxists, but, anything about America and our Legendary President Donald J. Trump is verbotten. Time to fire the principal and superintendent. Watch how fast the left comes to their defense. The parents need to do the right thing and demand Kucera is rehired. 

• That's why school board elections are so important. The libtards have ingrained themselves in all facets of our lives. If I were on that school board I would give the the superintendent and principal one chance to correct their mistake, otherwise I would vote for their dismissal. This shows how bad it has become and how much influence the left has over ordinary life in America.

• Exactly... we need strong conservatives to run for school board seats...

• There are some very sick people in this country, and we need to eliminate them wherever they pop up like rats, so they don't contaminate the rest our country.

• Somebody hired this wonderful gentleman and intelligent man, he is a true patriot he spoke his mind and look what happened. The schools, take your kids out! Get them in private schools, homeschool or Christian Schools

This reply was deleted.