ADMIN

8682126465?profile=RESIZE_710x

A California House Democrat plans to introduce legislation Friday to expel GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress over her past controversial social media postings that already prompted her removal from committees.

Rep. Jimmy Gomez, D-Calif., said he authored the resolution because Greene, R-Ga., "had previously supported social media posts calling for political violence against the Speaker of the House, members of Congress, and former President Barack Obama."

Gomez signaled in January he'd draft a removal resolution and build support, and Friday will mark the formal introduction. He's gotten support from 72 Democrats as of Thursday afternoon, according to his office 

Greene blasted the Democrats' effort to remove her from office. She likened it to the ongoing election challenge in Iowa, where the House is weighing whether to undo the victory for Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks, R-Iowa, who won her race by just six votes. 

"There is nothing more threatening to Democrats than strong Republican women!" Greene said in a statement to Fox News. "Democrats are trying [to] overturn the will of the American people who voted for both myself and Congresswoman Miller-Meeks. This is a continuation of the House Democrats’ war on women!

read more here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-jimmy-gomez-expel-congress

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• She was elected by the people of Ga.  Should no be able to be removed unless recalled by the people of GA.  

• I will stand with her 

• I don't see House Dems trying to throw Pelosi out when she tore up the State of the Union Speech on National TV.  No Dems wanted to throw out the squad after they called Republicans names and printed lies about them.  

• But he will not go after the squad or anyone like them.  And we sit on our thumbs!  I am sick of it all!

• This is Part 3 of removing honest elections. We need many, many more of her, not to lose one of our few righteous warriars in Congress.

• Her constituents elected her - the House has no right to expel her.  I cannot believe anyone would hold something she did in the past against her.  Especially since the Democrats have done just about everything short of murder in the past.  I think they should all be expelled.  How anti-American can these Democrats get.  Everytime I think they can't gert worse, they do.

This reply was deleted.