ADMIN

you never see our content in your newsfeeds.

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THEY'RE TRASH JUST LIKE THE CLITONS!!!!!!!!

• the Democrats are dysfunctional.

• This reply was deleted.
    • You are so right, Marlene. ACB will be a great judge just like Alito and Thomas are. Her impeccable Christian morals will make her defend religious freedom and beliefs, and she is also a big proponent of corporations. Trump could not have chosen a better person. 

• No interest? Marlene, I argue that rights, freedoms, and liberties NEVER are removed from an individuals political identity, but rather due to certified incompetence or adjudicated incorrigibility, individuals are taken to institutionalized settings where the ability to exercise them is unavailible (for their own safety and ours). But the inhierent features are undeniably part of ones own identity.

Otherwise, if some one is let loose for frugalities sake into society, to labor but not participate as a citizen (SLAVERY), that is an incentive for dictators to render others the same for advantage of control (folks like YOU and ME).

• I'll give it a whirl Marlene.

If you assert that the 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

then 

The 15th Amendment states: “The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.”

Well, now that I have set myself up as target, let 'er rip!

• Exactly... Congress creates the law, the Executive Department execute the Laws, and the Courts Administer the law...  The Courts judgments extend no further than to the case in law before the Court.  Stare Decisis is the dicta of the court and should only be used as a tool to AID the Court's in the consistent administration of the law from case to case.  There is no 'Law of the Court' or 'Case Law'... these are FIAT law, the creation of the Court, not the Constitution or Congress.

When the Court finds a law unconstitutional it is up to the Congress to act ... and if they don't act the law remains as written and the Court's adjudication is unenforceable except in the case adjudicated.  The Doctrine of Precedent is only to be used to provide the court with a historical perspective of judgments made in similar cases... not as law. 

• I sure do agree! We are tasked to know how faithful our understanding is to what has been recorded; the whole "unwieldy tool called language" thing.

An intense branch of 20th century philosophy called Analytic Philosophy was created on the question of what was meant, when expressed.

Just try to read the first page of Ludwig Wittgensteins,"Philosophical Investigations". Your eyes will roll back in your head!

• Sorry Michael, but the 15th Amendment, passed just after the Civil War and the Emancipation of Slaves was specifically written to address the rights of FORMER SLAVES, not convicts.  You are seeing a right for criminals which does not exit.

• Exactly Andy... the 15th Amendment was INTENDED to apply only to former slaves as was the 14th.... however, we have outright immoral and despicable Petifoggers running our legal system today and they have no problem in willfully and criminally obstructing justice and the laws of the United States to serve their own scurrilous motives.  The 15th Amendment specifically addresses (3) three protected classes of Citizens, who may not be denied their right to vote. I don't find US Citizens who are convicted 'Felons' as one of the protected classes.  Felons are not protected by the 15th Amendment from having their right to vote denied or abridged.  It is therefore up to the individual states to make a determination on a felon's right to vote in their state elections ... OR FOR the Congress to Amend the US Constitution, to include 'Felons' in the list of those US Citizens whose right to vote may not be denied or abridged.

• I almost forgot. The singular example of the North American Indian specifically treated and mentioned as protected, has yielded an unfortunate perspective to what ought to be a universal view of civil rights, freedoms, and liberties. I have only seen discord sown by collectivists using this paradigm to balkanize the Nation.

But the idea that a Constitutionaly listed right of a citizen is determined by a state, was acted upon by President Eisenhower in the 1950s, wasn't it?

I am not saying I like it, but there it is.

This reply was deleted.