ADMIN

LF: How to Stop the Rioters

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

“It allows for vigilantes to justify their actions,” a former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, Denise Georges, who has worked with Stand Your Ground cases told the Miami publication. “It also allows for death to be the punishment for a property crime — and that is cruel and unusual punishment. We cannot live in a lawless society where taking a life is done so casually and recklessly.”

read more:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have been going online to check my vote and the only thing I get is it can not be found, how many votes for Trump never got counted. If you still have your ticket go online and check for your ballot, time to put more pressure on this idiots 

• This reply was deleted.
    • George, Oklahoma passed Castle Doctrine laws years ago so Florida isn't the unique state you think it is.  I live in 
      Oklahoma and am very proud of our state government for being at the forefront of this.

• Dude, the castle doctrine and the stand your ground laws do not do the job.

The problem with stand your ground laws is that it doesn't specify that the aggressor is committing a crime and refuses to accept that property can be protected with deadly force.

Even with castle doctrine and stand your ground if the criminal is running away you cannot shoot the bastard. So, if you are a store owner and watch some SOB throw a brick through the window and he then turns and runs you are NOT allowed to stop them, in any way, shape, or form. This lets them throw the brick, run down the street, and throw another one through another window. This also applies to people throwing cement "milkshakes", frozen water bottles, and even Molotov cocktails.

Until it is realized that committing a serious and even a probably deadly crime, and running away does not give the criminal a pass, we will never resolve the issue where an honest citizen can't stop a property crime, with deadly force, without going to jail.

that is why these rioters get away with their shit.

Fucked up laws...

• I'm a good shot. If I see antifa scum about to throw a Molotov cocktail into my house from the street I'll shoot the bottle as they rare back and laugh at the punk as he or she is running away down the street being a human torch.

• Which ones will volunteer to get shot for trying?

• OH no, I only shoot the bottle of gas, not the person about to throw it. His friends won't know how the bottle broke if you shoot the bottle with a .22 that has a suppressor on the end of the barrel.

• Exactamundo!!  This is what happens when we **nice** folks decide we simply MUST be **nice** to folks who DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF **NICE**. 

In the face or in the back- if your neighborhood punk/thug does >$100 in property damage to YOUR stuff, WE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLUG 'IM BEFORE HE GETS AWAY.  Yes, he WILL be a repeat offender up the street... AND IT WILL LIKELY BE **WORSE** DAMAGE AND/OR INJURY TO YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!

• Well., let them come to Oklahoma and start their crap and see what happens to them.  Some tried in Oklahoma City early in the year and the police were on them like a duck on a june bug.  I guarantee our law is worth having because we aren't a libtard toilet nor afraid of marxist punks.  If they get wasted here the authorities will applaud us defending ourselves, it is what we do!!!!!

• EXACTLY !!!  Arkansas is a red state now that the communists were voted out. First time Republicans have control of our state in 150 yrs. If rioters start anything here our Govenor will place a call to Seal Team 6.

• "...some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting."  GOOD!!! THEN STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANYWHERE LOOTING IS OCCURING!!!  YOU MIGHT GET A ".223 MESSAGE" FROM A BUSINESS OWNER OR LOCAL RESIDENT!!!!  And, you might drop that 49" flat screen TV you are carrying!!!

This reply was deleted.