Replies

• First, they should not be in the United States... Next, and if here illegally they certainly should not be permitted to work or benefit from our liberal tax system by receiving an earned income credit check... Finally, any health care they receive should not be paid by public assistance Medicaid or private insurance... they are here in a criminal status... we don't give benefits to criminals.

• I totall agree. There is only one problem. When they go to a hospital, the hospital treats them. They can't turn them away. Who pays for that?

• Hospitals are only required to render Emergency Care they are not required to perform ELECTIVE CARE... heart transplants, child WellCare or other non-emergency procedures.  Providing non-emergency services should not be a reimbursable service... the States need to stop paying for them.  The President needs to issue instructions to the respective agencies who manage Medicaid and emergency medical payments to states that they are no longer to reimburse hospitals for illegal or legal alien care except for emergency procedures... stabilizing and life-saving care only.

• Yes, hospitals are requird to render emergency care, which is the most expensive type of healthcare, and which is also mostly the only one the uninsured poor and illegals consume since they get the health care they need and they don't even have to pay. All other paying customers including medicaid and medicare pay for that.

• The unpaid bills for the care of the indigent and aliens are written off against current income to avoid taxes... These private hospitals and clinics then apportion the unpaid charges for these unpaid medical services by raising fees to their paying customers.  For-Profit Medical providers don' t eat the unpaid services, They recover them in the form of higher fees for those who pay... Why do you think hospitals always claim they are going bankrupt... Why does US medical care often cost hundreds of times higher for comparable services in a foreign hospital or clinic... ask no more, foreign hospitals don't treat indigent aliens... they deport them, rendering only minimal life-saving care.

• "Why does US medical care often cost hundreds of times higher for comparable services in a foreign hospital or clinic"? - Don't come at me with this sort of thing. The US healthcare is second to none, and many other countries have socialized medicine. Nuff said.

• I spent some time in a Kuwait clinic intensive care unit... I got to know several Doctors and staff... during my 5-day intensive care visit... we discussed medical insurance among other things and that with my Germany experiences taught me just how expensive and overrated US Medical care has become.

First, insurance for foreigners in Kuwait must pay 100% of all bills no deductibles or copays... or they don't write policies in Kuwait.  Next, my entire bill for 5 days of intensive care was approximately $2000 US Dollars.  I was air evacuated out of Kuwait to St. Lukes in Kansas CIty for follow up care... my bill there for routine services for my 4-day stay was 54,000 dollars.  In speaking with the Hospital I was informed that I had received a maximum discount for Tri-Care (military benefits).  

Next, while in Germany in the 80's I experienced the need for local emergency medical care... the care was terrific and the costs so low I asked if they had the right patient... on talking with many Germans and latter in Canada I found that they all loved their services and all the horror stories of delays were fiction...  I can tell you that drugs and dental care are also significantly less in other countries and not at the risk of lower quality... as many were manufactured in the US and then exported.

I have traveled all over the world and I can report most modern nations have excellent and inexpensive medical care... including Mexico... where many retired friends of mine go to obtain their dental work for a fraction of the costs in the US.  It is not uncommon for individuals to fly from the US to India for elective surgery in its better hospitals for much less even with airfare and housing expenses. 

The USA has the highest cost per capita for medical care out of all the developed world...  From 1980 to 2016, the overall mortality rate for all causes of death in the U.S. fell 30%, compared to a 43% decline in comparable countries. The gap in mortality rates may shift after accounting for COVID-19 related deaths since the U.S. currently leads in the number of deaths due to COVID-19 and its mortality rate is likely to increase.  From 1980 to 2016, the U.S. mortality rate for respiratory diseases increased by nearly 2%, while comparable countries experienced a 33% decline.

An alternative to overall mortality rates is “years of life lost”, a marker of premature deaths. Years of life lost is measured by adding the collective years lost by those in a population who died before a specified age (e.g. 70). For example, a person who dies at age 45 would have 25 years of life lost. As a measure, it provides more weight to deaths at younger ages. The U.S. and comparable OECD countries have made progress in reducing years of life lost over the last 27 years (down 23% and 42%, respectively), although the gap between the U.S. and comparable countries increased over to time, standing at 12,282 vs. 7,780 years of life lost in 2017. It remains to be seen how this measure is influenced by the impact of COVID-19 on individuals who survive the disease... The USA lost nearly 5,000 years of life expectancy than the average comparable nation lost.  Ths US has improved its rate of lost years of life by 23% over the last 27 yrs... as compared to a 42% increase in the years of life expectancy for similarly developed nations.  That is simply horrible, given we spend twice as much on medical care than any other developed nation in the world.

See: https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-he...

Like most things you post Paul... you need to get your head out of your a** and look around before posting... the USA healthcare system is ripping off most people in America horribly.  We pay twice as much for less competent care... how is that equate to your estimate of how America's medical care compares to the world's.  See link above for more revealing facts on the ... lack of quality care in the USA. 

What do we know about the burden of disease in the U.S.? - Peterson-KFF Health System Tracker
      This chart collection explores trends in the burden of disease in the U.S. and comparable countries. Disease burden (measured in disability adjusted…
    • Part of our higher disease and lack of increasing longevity has to do with our food. GMO, Glyphosate, lack of crop rotation, pesticides, all make for too many high-powered toxins in our bodies. 
      High Fructose Corn Syrup is an American staple and people do not know how deadly it is. Too many pay no attention at all to their health. As long as they are not sick, they think they are ok but they are not. Europe does not alllow our food over there. Glyphosate is the reason. They have real food. We have fake food. Sterile soil only produces when tons of fertilizer is dumped on it. Tons of chemicals for maximum yield. 

• It is known as RoundUp. First owned by Monstanto, then Bayer bought it out. I have read that every single person has Roundup in them. That it is in our water, along with the flouride, Another deadly chemical. All 5 syllable additves are lethal. It is why, along with ignorance and apathy, don't look a thing up, that America went backwards by a year in life expectency, I read somewhere. 

It is like the masks. Don't think. Don't ask. Just submit. Oh well. 

• You need to quit cheerleading and start reading. 

This reply was deleted.