ADMIN

Baltimore state's attorney indicted on perjury charges

Remove Marilyn Mosby as Baltimore City State's Attorney - Posts | Facebook

A Maryland grand jury on Thursday indicted Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby on two counts of perjury and two counts of filing false mortgage applications.

Mosby faces a hearing at an unscheduled date in the U.S. District Court of Maryland in Baltimore. If convicted on the charges, Mosby faces up to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine for each count of filing a false mortgage application and up to five years in prison for each perjury charge.

The perjury charges stem from Mosby's application for pandemic relief money in May and December of 2020, when the attorney filed for federal relief dollars even though she "had not experienced any of the enumerated financial hardships she claimed to have experienced," according to court documents

Mosby was earning more than $247,000 annually at the time of both filings, but collected more than $9,000 in biweekly installments from the relief money.

The state's attorney was also indicted for filing false mortgage applications when she purchased two vacation homes in Florida. In January and February of 2021, Mosby bought a $428,000 condo in Long Beach but did not disclose — as is required in mortgage applications — that she owed the IRS more than $45,000.

read more:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/589674-baltimore-states-attorney-indicted-on-perjury-charges

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A great beginning!

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• About time for Mosby to be taken "down and  out" - - she's the ashcan that had five police officers arrested and charged with murder, several years back, after Freddy Gray died in the back of their police van.

• someone should do a documentary callled MODERN DAY  JUDASES. It would focus on politicians who sell out the people they claim to represent

• Giving up never accomplished anything.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• She will get a slap on the wrist only. Laws are for you and me not thee

• I won't hold my breath counting on any corrupt devildemocommiecrat being punished for crimes that virtually all of them commit!!!!!  The deep state gop establishment hacks are just as bad!!!!!

• Liberal equal criminal.  That equation is a given.

• All "Lawyers are Trained Professional Liars to be equally effective arguing both Prosecution and Defense with " Empty Hearts and Conscience."

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Show me a lawyer that doesn't lie and I'll be surprised.

• Reminds One of an "Old Fashioned Carnival Shooting Gallery!" 3 Shots for a Buck! Step right up and knock em down! Win a Prize!. Soros owns the Carnival.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

This reply was deleted.