Sen. Rand Paul on Friday said conservatives are being told to “take it or leave it” when it comes to the emerging House GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, setting up a major clash with leaders hoping to mark up legislation as soon as next week.
Republicans are trying to repeal and replace as much of the Affordable Care Act as they can under a fast-track budget process that allows them to avoid a Democratic filibuster.
Leaders have outlined a three-week timetable to get the legislation over to the Senate, where it must meet arcane budget rules and gather consensus among Republicans who hold a 52-seat majority.
Yet a trio of Senate conservatives — Mr. Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah — have objected to the House GOP approach, on top of centrists who are worried about unwinding Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid for the poor or defunding Planned Parenthood over its abortion practice as part of the draft plan.
dont want a freaking replacement.....FREE MARKET
How come there wasn't this much push to see what was in obamacare BEFORE it was passed?
OH NO............THEN it was "we have to pass it to see what's in it"
Well guess what---- that was done........and what did we find???
1) It was only going to work for a few years then collapse. And it currently is collapsing.
2) That: IF YOU LIKE YOUR DOCTOR YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR???
NO , ACTUALLY YOUR---S. O. L. on that part of the beginning Obama's 8 year lie FEST.
3) Small businesses......can't afford to pay Obama care wages and obamacare together for their workers, so they get reduce staff, Lay offs people and reduce Hours to stay in line with Obama Care rules, great---THANKS OBAMA. So this prevents people from working at almost every small business in the country....NOBODY CAN LIVE ON SUCH MINIMUM WAGES AND PAY THEIR BILLS AND LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM.
4) The poverty level has climbed with more and more people on food stamps and welfare. 94 M are out of work or near poverty because Obama and the progressive democrats have IGNORED THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE OF AMERICA.....OBAMA DID AWAY WITH THEIR JOBS and gave them OBAMA CARE YIPPPIE!
5) Obama care pays for Abortions----I DON'T CARE IF ITS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IT DOES.
THERE ARE PROBABLY A THOUSAND MORE REASONS TO APPEAL IT BUT I JUST DON"T HAVE THE TIME TO WRITE IT!
JUST GIVE US SOMETHING THAT WORKS SO THESE DEMOCRATS SHUT UP! PUT OBAMA IN PRISON FOR TREASON.
PROGRESSIVES GIVE ME AND THE REST OF AMERICA A HEADACHE AND THEIR IDEAS ARE WORTHLESS. PELOSI WITH HER FINGER UP IN THE IMAGE, LOOKS LIKE A MUSLIM CLARIC.
;' / muslim cleric eh?? To me most of her pics look like she's casting spells, fitting for the wicked witch of the west.
The House plan to repeal and replace Obamacare is as far as I know still in the draft stage, and for Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) to be talking about it is both unsightly and unnessary for it is not a Senate problem yet.
Senator Paul would do our country a better job of being a senator that helps to fix the problem instead of being the problem but them again when did anyone in congress ever care for The United States and We The People.
Rand Paul is setting himself up for a run to be President in 2020.
what's so hard about drafting;
The Affordable Care Act and all it's derivatives is hereby repealed. ?
there, it's been drafted-- now giterdone !
Who is blocking the People's access to this? Is this "You can read it after we pass it?"
Nobody is "blocking" it, they haven't finished all the details to it....
They don't need details to repeal an act... a simple, single paragraph will do the job.
We don't need a replacement. We do need Medical Tort Reform, Medical Insurance Reform, Medical Savings accounts, Tax relief for Medical Insurance premiums... all of these things can come as separate legislative acts.
The Single paragraph repeal can provide for phasing out coverage over say 1 yr... to give time for everyone to find new insurance or other sources for medical coverage. What is happening is the rewriting of the ACA by the GOP.... who will then OWN another government program that will fail.
No ... too any replacement other than the 'Free Market'... that is our replacement... it worked for over 250yrs and did for our parents and grand parents. Get the State out of the Unconstitutional Medical Care business.