Perry Grand Juror Was An Active Democratic Party Delegate During Jury Proceedings

Article Highlights
  • Grand jury member Rho Chalmers was an active delegate to the Texas Democratic Party while jury proceedings were ongoing.
  • She attended and photographed a partisan speech by Democratic state Sen. Kirk Watson, a month after he testified before the grand jury.
  • Chalmers served on the Rules Committee of the Texas Democratic Party convention in June, while grand jury proceedings were ongoing.
  • Although Chalmers said her decision to indict was "not a political decision," multiple Facebook pages make clear that she is a partisan Democratic activist.

Rho Chalmers, who disclosed to the Houston Chronicle yesterday that she was a member of the grand jury that indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, was an active delegate to the Texas Democratic Party convention during grand jury proceedings. Chalmers’ active participation in Democratic state politics is important because she claimed yesterday to the Houston Chronicle that her decision to indict Perry, a Republican, was not based on politics.

“For me, it’s not a political decision,” Chalmers told the newspaper. “That’s what a grand jury is about – take the emotion out of it and look at the facts and make your best decision based on your life experience.”

More troubling, however, is the fact that Chalmers attended, photographed, and commented on an event with Democratic state Sen. Kirk Watson while grand jury proceedings were ongoing.

Watson was a witness in front of the grand jury. On June 27, 2014, Chalmers shared a photo of the Watson event on a community Facebook page she started called Developer’s Dungeon. “Senator Kirk Watson telling the story of the Wendy Davis fillibuster (sic),” she wrote in a comment accompanying the picture.

Rho Chalmers Kirk Watson Post

The grand jury was selected in April of 2014 and its proceedings did not conclude until it returned two indictments of Perry last week. While grand jurors are not generally prohibited from engaging in political activity, Chalmers apparent giddiness at attending an event for a grand jury witness calls into question her ability to objectively scrutinize his testimony. Watson had testified before Chalmers and the rest of her colleagues on the grand jury just one month before Chalmers attended his event. Knowingly seeking out participation in an event featuring a grand jury witness while grand jury proceedings were ongoing also seems highly questionable.

read more here: http://mediatrackers.org/national/2014/08/20/perry-grand-juror-acti...

Views: 660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just knew the grand jury decision stunk. It is one thing to be a demon rat or a RINO but to be a party activist & engaged in political activism while on a grand jury should be an immediate cause for setting aside the indictment & a reason to have the district attorney of the county removed from office. He should not have allowed the grand jury to exist with this person as a member. The district attorney is biased - incompetent & politically motivated. The judicial standards division of the state of texas should be investigating him & his entire office. This is purely a politically motivated indictment by a corrupt district attorney who is using the law to fight his political adversary. If a governor states that he has lost respect for an alcoholic district attorney - if he states that he feels the public has also lost their respect for & confidence in this drunk with a severe disrespect for the law & if he decides to defund the office run by the drunk where is the crime. The governor has the right to veto any funding item he so choses. Where is the district attorneys witness - where is the testimony where any witness - clearly states the governor threatened the woman directly? I say he made a competent decision to remove an alcoholic from a position of trust who was operating in a legal capacity & who served the people of texas. It is the demon rats who have made this a political issue. It is the demon rats who have used the law to settle their disdain for the other party. When will ameicans wake up & see the demon rats for what they are. They are progressive - communist demon rats bent on destroying our great country. They will always be slaves to the king sorass & prince Osama. Osama will disappeared when sorass does not need him any more & we will be in anarchy.

what a crock

AND the AG that "selected" the (less then) Grand Jury is also a democrat; think his name is McCrum (or, crumb bum) and he IS a democrat.  So, probably every juror he selected is also a democrat.

To build on your post, I mentioned on Twitter yesterday that because of this and everything else considered, there's no way in hell that Rick Perry could even receive a fair trial. Also, McScum was being considered by Obama for an appointment, so there's another factor.

I really hope and pray that Gov. Perry's legal team can convince the court to drop these BS charges, or provide a strong enough defense to get him acquitted.  The Dems, as well as Obama, need to be sent a message.

It isn't good enough to stop this attack... Perry needs to call a session of the Republican Control State legislature to consider impeachment of the prosecutor any judges that have been out of line in the Austin area... he needs to become proactive when the Demon-rats pull such crap... give them a taste of what they created.  What goes around needs to come around... and in this case it needs to clean house in the Judicial community in Austin. 

The charges against Gov. Perry are very dangerous indictment with serious criminal penalties... They call for a lot more than their defense.  They must take action against those who act like Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police in the old Soviet Union, who said, “Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.”  Texas needs to stop this sort of political witch hunt and it won't stop until those engaging in such activity are disciplined and removed form the legal profession.

Good suggestion - Gov. Perry needs to stop this insanity.  No more being passive when it comes to Dems and their dirty tricks - that not only applies in Texas, but everywhere.  They're vile and evil in Austin, Tallahassee (I live in Florida), and all over America.

June...

One can only imagine what evidence was provided to the Grand Jury by this tainted partisan prosecutor... you can be certain that any exculpatory evidence was excluded and the he presented a very partisan view of Governor Perry's actions.  A prosecutor in presenting evidence to a grand jury is supposed to be impartial and is required to present all the evidence including 'exculpatory evidence' capable of clearing the accused.

More than obvious, McCrum is NOT "impartial".  As to evidence, you can bet he will "pick and choose" what will and won't be presented.

Do you  democrats taking something to sleep at night????

Mary, I don't think the demon-carts sleep at all, there always coming up with evil things to do to others.

Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police in the old Soviet Union, once said, “Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.”  Time to charge the prosecutor in Austin with abuse of prosecutorial power and to strip him of his license to practice law. Looks like the Marxist are out in force attacking Gov. Perry for his effective conservative stand against political and judicial corruption in Texas.

When a government official make false claims about anyone there words should be held accountable for the cost and damage that is done. The only way to stop this kind of fraud is to send these people to jail.making them pay for the damage they have caused.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service