‘Outdated’ George Washington warned 229 years ago against every government threat we’re facing today

The times they are a changin’ as for the 1st time in American history we’re witnessing a baleful sitting president actively working against the best interests and national security of his own country with a seeming malign duplicity. As meanwhile we have a Republican controlled Senate and House caught in the upheaval of an insurrection among its own ranks with non-establishment members having called to task the perfidious conduct of their entrenched ranking GOP establishment leaders. That’s an oversimplified summation to a complicated issue that’s become a commonplace national spectacle which can only be described as a protracted implosion of this government finally collapsing in on itself under its own accumulated weight of chronic dysfunction. Which goes to reaffirming and supporting something I’ve been saying for awhile:  George Washington was right! 

Let’s face reality here. This government of the United States has been so perversely warped and contorted beyond the intended purpose of our Founders that if we could transmute it today and grant to it the physical attributes of human anatomy it would look like the Elephant man. It’s grotesque what we’ve allowed to be done to our country and by extension ourselves. Which is why when I look at this carnival barkers burlesque for a government we have today, I feel compelled to refer back to our first and greatest president of them all, George Washington. Both the man and his intuitive contempt for the substantive threats inherent with a 2 Party political system and the dangers such a system posed to our fledgling government. In his farewell address, Washington eloquently expressed and detailed those threats that the American people eventually would be destined to forget, bringing us now to this deplorable destination where we currently find ourselves at as a nation over 2 Centuries later.

From George Washington’s Farewell Address, September 19th, 1796

~”I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally. This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy. The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism.”~  

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/07/30/outdated-george-washington-...

Views: 557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

George Washington was a CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN PATRIOT and he is RIGHT!! George Washington said: "One cannot govern a nation without GOD and the HOLY BIBLE"!!

This BIG CORRUPT government is TYRANNICAL!!

For the last 20 years, I've been trying to wake people up.

The people of George Washington's time used common sense . The people of to day not so much ! 

WHERE HAVE ALL THE PATRIOTS GONE.    GONE TO GEO SOROS $$$$$$$$  FOR SALE PIT.

George Soros shall be arrested for sedition and treason.

Hey all you: We are evolving more intelligent; thinking you are smarter than GOD morons out there! NO WE ARE NOT!

And Melony your cartoon of Bugs waking up made my day. LOL.

The fools in our government. You can thank the fools on the left for that.

Trump / Palin    Trump / Cruz

So did President Andrew Jackson and Kennedy. Jackson killed the cancer in 1833 by removing government funds from he Rothschild Bank and then killed it's charter (which was revived by the fool Wilson in 1913). Lincoln printed Greenback Treasury Notes to finance Northern Aggression and that probably contributed to his murder. Eisenhower wanted to audit Fort Knox but didn't have the guts. Kennedy was murdered probably to stop him for printing more Treasury Notes.

That's when men where men, not like today a bunch of empty suits and thief's. 

MY FAVORITE GW SAYING IS: IN TIMES OF PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR. THE COMMUNISTS WILL TELL YOU OUR  FOUNDING PRINCIPLES  ARE OBSOLETE AND OUR FOUNDERS WERE SLAVE OWNERS. COMMUNISM IS SLAVERY.  THEIR FOUNDERS MURDERED A FAMILY TO KICK OFF THE MURDERS OF 150 MILLION PEOPLE.

TODAY THEY CONTROL THE EX DEMOCRAT PARTY IN THE USA AND RINO TRAINEES. THEIR NUMBER ONE JOB IS KILLING AMERICAN KIDS. BY ABORTION AND DRUGS. OBAMA IS OPENING UP A SECOND MAJOR DRUG ROUTE INTO THE USELESS OF A.

ABU TOM has shared a video with you on YouTube
SAVE THE KIDS
ONE DAY WE WILL ALL ANSWER FOR OUR CRIMES. INDIFFERENCE BEING THE WORST CRIME. - created at ...

There are those, that believe I am totally wrong, to even mention 3RD Party.

I am a Veteran.  I have voted for over 40 years now. City, County, State, Propositions, Special Elections and Our National Elections.

Voting always, unwaveringly Republican and As Conservatively as a choice may allow.

40 years of disappointment is plenty, more than enough, with these sellout, career professional, lobby owned imposters and frauds. 

3rd Party is about taking Our America Back, With an unity and determination, that created our current New Majority's, Only to have them bullied, tormented and squandered by the Tyrannous, Treasonous Acts of John Boehner and Mitch McConnell..

Obama out of control and no end in sight.. ??

It was quite clear last November that the country had lost confidence in President Obama's leadership and the policies of the Democratic Party in general.

In the House of Representatives, there are now 246 Republicans, 188 Democrats.

In the Senate, there are 54 Republicans, 44 Democrats and two Independents who lean Democratic.

So Republicans have a huge opportunity to pass legislation that would improve the lives of Americans.

Currently there are three very simple situations that need to be confronted.

First, the defunding of Planned Parenthood until a federal investigation into their selling of baby body parts is completed.

Second, the passing of Kate's Law, which would mandate aggravated felon illegal aliens who defy deportation be sentenced to a minimum of five years in a federal penitentiary.

And third, that sanctuary cities would lose federal funding.

Simple and direct proposed laws that I believe the majority of Americans would support.

No surprise they are opposed by many Democrats:

NANCY PELOSI (D-CA), HOUSE MINORITY LEADER: “I support the sanctuary. We have this terrible case, and our hearts and prayers go out to the family. But in terms of the question, which was the bill about mandatory minimums, let me also say that if we had passed comprehensive immigration reform, which is the answer to many of the questions that we may ask on this subject, then we'd be in a better place.”

Despite Mrs. Pelosi's opinion, the House passed legislation that would defund sanctuary cities last week. Now it's up to the Senate.

So the question tonight, will Republicans in the Senate do the right thing and stand up for justice?

If they do not, I believe the American people will turn against the GOP.

The Senate and House will soon embark on vacation until September 8th.

So quick action would be good.

Senate Majority Leader McConnell's office tells The Factor the Senate will vote next week on legislation to defund Planned Parenthood.

That's an important vote in light of the horrific videos the nation has seen over the past month or so.

On the sanctuary city front, as we reported last night, 62% of Americans in a Rasmussen poll say they disapprove of cities and municipalities defying the feds on immigration law.

And Talking Points believes an overwhelming majority of Americans support Kate’s Law, as well.

I've asked Fox News to do a poll on Kate's Law. We should have the results next week.

Summing up, if the Republican Party does the right thing, Americans will take notice even if the president and the Democratic Party sabotage the legislation.

But if the GOPers do not stand up on these three vital issues, the party may lose all credibility.

And that's the memo.

http://www.billoreilly.com/b/Hey-Republican-Party,-Do-Something/-735281103460130229.html

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Steve Breen

ALERT ALERT

YUP: President Trump Signs Great And Beautiful Trump Border Wall During Tour In San Diego

Embedded video

President Donald Trump visited the San Diego border on Wednesday to show off a newly constructed portion of the wall after a fundraising trip in California.

“It’s an amazing project,” Trump said, pointing to the 30-foot high barrier constructed with steel and concrete, noting that it also went six feet underground.

“If you think you’re going to cut it with a blow torch, that doesn’t work, because you hit the concrete, and then if you think you’re going to go through the concrete, that doesn’t work because we have very powerful rebar inside,” Trump said.

The president traveled via motorcade after a fundraiser to Otay Mesa, a community outside San Diego on the United States -Mexico border to review the latest constructed physical barrier.

He pointed out the new wall structure to the press, which was 24 miles of primary and secondary wall at the border.

“We have it covered underground, we have it covered overground,” Trump said.

The president was joined by acting Department of Homeland security Kevin McAllen and several other border security officials.

He said that over 44,000 bollard panels had been set up for the wall, which was then filled with concrete and rebar.

Trump admitted that he envisioned a solid concrete wall when he campaigned for president, but he was told by border officials that they preferred a wall constructed by concrete-filled bollards so they could see through it.

“It’s hardened concrete, very powerful concrete,” Trump said, pointing to the structure.

He added that the steel wall was designed to retain heat, making it harder to climb, plus having an anti-climbing system at the top.

“You can fry an egg on that wall,” he said. The president also acknowledged to reporters that he wanted the wall to be painted black and have spikes but said it was cheaper to let it remain naturally rust-colored.

“We can paint it later,” he said.

The president discussed his growing understanding of border barriers, noting that the Southern border would not need much more than 500 miles of wall to secure the border. He cited the existence of natural mountain and river barriers that prevented criminals from crossing. He did not rule out building additional barriers in the future but said it would depend on whether it was needed.

One border patrol agent spoke about the importance of the border wall to all of the agents, thanking the president for pushing forward on construction.

Trump said he met with Border Patrol prior to constructing the wall, picking the most effective structures to protect the border.

One border security official scoffed at the idea that the wall was a “vanity” project for the president.

“There’s a false narrative out there that this wall is the president’s vanity wall,” he said. “I’m here to tell you right now that that is false.”

He thanked Trump for listening to border patrol agents during the planning and construction process.

“You listened to the agents and you gave them exactly what they asked for,” he said.

One official with Trump confirmed that the structure was funded with regular Congressional appropriations in the FY 2017 and FY 2018 and that that the new wall replaced an inferior structure.

Trump said that he still considered the situation on the border a national emergency, but as more wall went up he could withdraw military forces.

“I hope you’re impressed,” he told reporters as he took questions about the project.

One worker told Trump of a tradition of workers signing the wall if they worked on the wall.

“I’ll sign it,” Trump said, and went to the wall and signed the steel barrier with a marker before encouraging other officials present to do the same.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service