Omnibus stalled by nearly 100 House GOP policy riders, Reid says

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday that House Republicans are pushing to add nearly 100 different policy riders to the omnibus spending bill, stalling it shortly before Thursday’s deadline.

Reid said he is prepared to vote on a short-term funding bill to keep the government open beyond Dec. 11, when it is scheduled to expire.

“The federal government is going to run out of money in two days. There’s no reason the government should shut down,” he told reporters.

Reid said he would keep the upper chamber in as long as needed to finish its work.

“Maybe we’ll have to work the weekend and maybe even work next week. I know that’s tough duty for everybody but we may have to do that,” he said.

“I think that there’s a very, very good chance we’ll be here this weekend,” he added.

Reid said he would be “happy to vote for” a short-term funding measure to keep the government open beyond Dec. 11 if the omnibus isn’t ready in time but expressed hope that would not be necessary.

read more:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/226497-omnibus-stalled-by-nearly...

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shut the Federal bureaucracy down for 4 months!  It will be healthy for the overpaid bureaucrats to experience what it is like to have a difficult time in paying your rent, gasoline and food bills!

We the people will save billions of further increases debt!

Their PACs will pay their bills thereby adding a stronger grip on each of the congressional people they "gather under their wing." 

AS I have said here, the democrats are starting to worry about what if Obama will not sign what the House puts forth in a bill. They and I think all of us know that if there is a government shutdown, it will be the democrats fault. And that well may be a death nell for the democrats in the november 2015 and 2016 elections. Boo Hoo Hoo. I hope it happens.

I don't think anyone in Washington should be allowed to leave anyway. The senate needs to start impeachment hearings NOW! The illegal resident in the Whitehouse and his illegal activities (Immigration for starters) needs to be dealt with now. Knowing though the leadership of the Republican party this is not going to happen. Anyways I don't see why the Dems should care about getting Christmas off, because they hate everything Christ stands for.

Please notify your congressman not to compromise on the "Riders".  Capitol Hill Ph. # is 202-224 3121.

I just wish you would all go home and forget to come back.  And take Obama with you.

threats against become incentives for?  "Obama" works both ways, I guess.

#‎REID‬, for the "$$$$$$'s", of your pay scale, ...Compared to the Task Accomplishments of your office, (During the recent period of JAN-2009-up to and Including DEC 2014) ....Seems to me and likely, ...a infinite crowd of .... "We The People", ... that you and your Democratic Majority.... could Work every day from today , until the Conservative s become the Majority in JAN 2015, ...AND ‪#‎YOU‬, would STILL... NOT HAVE EARNED even a 1/2 penny for ‪#‎Your‬ Consistent FAILURE to Serve Millions of Constituents ...that Labored and Slaved to Pay The TAXES, to PAY #Your ... "UNEARNED WAGES", ...PERIOD.

#REID, ...#You could RECTIFY ...SOME...of our (Workers that pay taxes that Pay for all, ............. U. S. Senators WAGES), din and angst by Passing a...
***RETRO-ACTIVE ...BILL, that establishes every, ... U. S. Senators Pay will NOT EXCEED $35,000,00, for their service DURING and inclusive, of JAN 2009 thru DEC 2014. ...PERIOD.

Robert David Hummel SFC, USA, (Ret), INVERNESS, FLORIDA

shut it down  lock and load

Shut up corrupt Reid, MAYBE IF YOU HAD DONE YOUR JOB FOR 6 YRS   NO OMNIBUS BILL  EVER FUND TILL JAN TILL THE NEW GUYS HIT TOWN AND THEN UNLEASH THE OVERTURNS

Tough duty? I thought they were 'serving' this country. Military service is tough duty. Add combat. Then dodge bullets Christmas Day. This Whiner Has no idea about tough. He needs to ask a police officer or a grunt about tough duty.

Oh but harry, there is every reason to shut it down. Shut it down, cut it down, and keep it down. The states can move on with the federal level just fine. And maybe we can do something about that debt for a change.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service