IRS Gave White House Thousands of Documents on Taxpayers

The IRS improperly turned over thousands of confidential tax documents to the White House for review, according to information obtained from a lawsuit filed against the U.S. Treasury Department's inspector general by the legal advocacy firm Cause of Action, exposing a pipeline of communication between the two, the Daily Caller reports.

“[T]he Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed Cause of Action that there exist nearly 2,500 potentially responsive documents relating to investigations of improper disclosures of confidential taxpayer information by the IRS to the White House,” Cause of Action noted, according to the Daily Caller.

Such documentation, including the exchange of confidential information between White House policy adviser Jeanne Lambrew and former IRS official Lois Lerner, came to light after it was revealed that the the IRS had likely targeted conservative groups for review, including one that had sought in a 2012 lawsuit to overturn Obamacare's contraceptive mandate, the Daily Caller noted.

The Justice Department has asked for a longer window under which to review the newly found documents before releasing them publicly, the Daily Caller said.

The Washington Examiner's Paul Bedard, in his "Secrets" column, called news of the leaked documents a "shocking revelation."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-taxpayer-

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I told you, I see JAIL time for many in this admin after they leave office. Obama better get them ALL charged before hand so that he can Pardon everyone of them before he leaves. He better hope the next President Pardons his sorry azz.  eric holder is the one I was to see in a pink jump suit.

I don't even think this white house cares anymore. the have lied, manipulated and violated every law that there is over the past 6 years.....and they will be covered up by the media, and everybody else that have supported these terrorists.

It's not 'little white lies' any more. The whole administration is on the verge of being sucked into an endless legal morass of it's own making.

IRS severely needs to be abolished. With the advent of computers and database programs; it's too easy to compromise our Constitutional Rights. I'm sure that Congress can come up with a taxpayer centered computer program that would at least eliminate most of the IRS.

The Justice Department has asked for a longer window under which to review the newly found documents before releasing them publicly, the Daily Caller said.

The Washington Examiner's Paul Bedard, in his "Secrets" column, called news of the leaked documents a "shocking revelation."

“This disclosure, coming only after Cause of Action sued TIGTA over its refusal to acknowledge whether such investigations took place, and after the court ordered TIGTA to reveal whether or not documents existed, signals that the White House may have made significant efforts to obtain taxpayers’ personal information,” Cause of Action wrote in a statement to the Examiner.

The new document release comes a month after a similar lawsuit by True the Vote got tossed by a federal judge. The conservative group, based in Houston, had alleged that the IRS targeted them and delayed their application for a 501(3)(C) nonprofit status, breitbart.com reported.

Once again the tyrant Obama has broken federal law and voided the constitution! When will he be stopped? He must be stopped now! Why are the Republicans we sent to the house not doing something? Obama MUST be removed asap! If the congress cannot do it the military must arrest and remove the Tyrant. The people have the power through the Constitution to remove the Communist Jihadist homosexual Traitor. The proof is there right in front of everyone. Every day that goes by America is dying a little more! I pray the military will soon Oust the Gangster Obama and his regime and set up new elections soon before America is no more. Something Must be done! Now his Homosexual agenda is perverting our society. What else can he do to hurt Good and decent Americans and their family's? Every day Obama is in office he laughs at the voters and urinates on the constitution! He must be stopped any way possible!

Glenn how to close the IRS in 20 words.

Every one of these people should file civil rights violations  against everyone  involved.

So what does this mean Obamy will just lie and get a pass from the media if it even gets that far.

and this violates how many laws... all of them...!!!

Do not give them time to destroy or redact the incriminating evidence.  Turn them over immediately to someone with the proper clearance who can be trusted.

Carolan
In this administration?? The DOJ??? The only one I can think of would be Sheriff Joe Arpaio's and a "People's Court"!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service