FORT WAYNE, Ind.—Hoosier lawmakers have joined a growing number of states that want your kid to take another exam. To graduate high school, students would have to pass an exam similar to the naturalization test required for immigrants to become U.S. citizens.

Still a work in progress, the bill will come up for debate during the upcoming legislative session and is being championed by Indiana Senate Education Chairman Dennis Kruse, a Republican of Auburn.

Kruse told The Daily Signal that he’s eager to see Indiana students rise to the same standard as individuals applying for American citizenship.

“I don’t know why our own young people—who are born citizens here, who go through our regular school system—shouldn’t know the same information,” Kruse said.

read more here: http://dailysignal.com/2015/01/03/indiana-joins-growing-number-stat...

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's Because their being purposuly dumbed downed. an illerate person does not question , they amimelessly go along,and do not use as many reasources as does a smart person ie. the perfect slave.

Just how do we get our own State Legislators on board for this needed education? I'm tired of listening to a group of so called high School graduates who do not know who the Vice President is or what his duties are or for most of the Senate and Congressional representatives. 

Call them Their in the phone book Hell i have them on speed dial. Both your State's Sen.'s and Rep.'s

Good One Marilyn C. made me LOL. thank you !!

Sometimes we just need a good laugh..........in the middle of all this stupidity and chaos.

I remember my high school civics class. it was 1 period per week my freshman year. that was it.

When I graduated High School in the late '70's, Civics was a required course to pass before a diploma was granted.

So what happened to the school systems of America since those times?

Good answer by storyTman, the left wing progressive teachers have destroyed our schools.  They will also teach that Obama THE TRAITOR is actually a good President.  WHAT A LIE!!

I wonder if the people administering the test could pass it themselves.  Hmmmm ...

Lois:  I don't think you know very much about Native American History, so I suggest you start doing some studying.  Did you know that the American government at that time gave them blankets contaminated with small pox, and deliberately gave them liqour before some of the treaty meetings?  Oh, and also deliberately killed off the buffalo, because this was their main source of food?   They were barbaric?  Check into what our government did to take their lands aways from them.  Oh, what about the trail of tears when they took the Cherokee nation from NC to Texas, Oklahoma, etc.?  I suppose that was just a fantasy concocted by the Cherokees?  Oh and there was a massacre by American calvary soldiers in CO., and they rode into Denver wearing wombs on their hats cut out of Native American women?  What about that?  YOu need to read and become more informed before making the comments you that you did.   

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Lisa Benson

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service