Isn’t it about time for Americans to stand up and defend our Constitutional Republic?
“Liberals hold their breath on July 4th and breathe easy on July 5th. They are afraid that a majority of Americans might actually read the Declaration and find out that our nation was founded on rebellion against tyranny — “For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent.”
On July 3, 1776, John Adams wrote the following to his wife Abigail:
The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.
Adams could not have foreseen that the principles of the Declaration are lost on the majority of Americans, and for that our elected officials are thankful.
Consider what Adams wanted us to celebrate: “It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.” Deliverance from what?: tyrannical government edicts and the unbridled taxing power of the State.
Rep. Paul Ryan — on ABC’s This Week (July 1, 2012) — got it right when he criticized those who claim that healthcare is a right that comes from government:
“We disagree with the notion that our rights come from government, that the government can now grant us and define our rights. Those are ours, they come from nature and God, according to the Declaration of Independence — a huge difference in philosophy.”
Liberals – Democrats and Republicans alike — hate the idea that rights don’t come from them.
There are other principles in the Declaration that the majority of government officials don’t want voters to know about for fear that the people will rebel against them:
1. “When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitles them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
2. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”
3. “That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”
4. “We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in general Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name and by the authority of the good people of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States.”
5. “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”
Time will tell if there are enough Americans who do understand the importance of the above words and will “alter or abolish” our present government and “institute [a] new government” on November 6, 2012.
1. The official federal holiday is celebrated on July 4th, the day the final revisions to the Declaration were made. [↩]
2. “Letter from John Adams to Abigail Adams, 3 July 1776, ‘Had a Declaration…’.” Adams Family Papers. Massachusetts Historical Society. [↩]
Note: The following articles and/or blog posts and videos relate to the above article and/or blog post-You Decide:
I. Does the Declaration of Independence Still Matter?-Posted on The Heritage Foundation-By Matthew Spalding, Ph.D.-On July 4, 2012:
II. Video: What The Declaration Of Independence Really Means!-Posted on DickMorris.com-By Dick Morris-On July 4, 2012:
III. Why the Declaration of Independence Still Matters 236 Years Later!-Posted on The Heritage Foundation-By Kelly McNair-On July 3, 2012:
IV. WHEN LOVING YOUR COUNTRY MAKES YOU AS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST!-Posted on News With Views-By Tom DeWeese-On July 7, 2012:
V. The Imperial Executive: ‘Barack and George III—Separated by Centuries, Joined by Doctrine!’-Posted on The Patriot Post-By Mark Alexander-On July 5, 2012:
VI. Video: Allen West: Obama would ‘rather you be his slave and economically dependent upon him’!-Posted on YouTube.com-By rightscoop-On July 2, 2012:
VII. Rep. Steve King Says Obama Is Governing Like a ‘King’!-Posted on CNSNews.com-By Elizabeth Harrington-On July 2, 2012:
VIII. Video: Allen West: Arrogant Obama Presidency Like King George III!-Posted on Western Journalism-By DANIEL NOE-On June 19, 2012:
IX. Allen West: GOP Must Stop Obama’s ‘Imperial Presidency!’-Posted on NewsMax.com-By Jim Meyers and Kathleen Walter-On January 10, 2012:
X. Spineless Congress Won’t Save Our Republic!-Posted on Western Journalism!-By TIM POWERS-On June 16, 2012:
XI. Molon Labe The “M” Word On Independence Day!-Posted on Oath Keepers-By Elias Alias, Oath Keepers Editor-On July 4, 2012:
XIII. THE FBI COULD CUT YOUR INTERNET ACCESS IN FOUR DAYS (HERE’S HOW TO PREVENT IT)!-Posted on The Blaze-By Liz Klimas-On July 5, 2012:
Is History Repeating Itself?
The FCC Should Not Interfere With The Internet!
Note: The following videos share my sentiments and hopefully yours-You Decide:
We The People!
They’re Walking On The Fightin Side of Me!
“Food For Thought”
May you and your loved ones have a great and safe 4th of July.
God Bless The USA!