TheFrontPageCover
~ Featuring ~
FBI Director: Carter Page
Surveillance Was Illegal
Thomas Gallatin  
.
First American coronavirus evacuees 
released from quarantine
By Alexandria Hein
{ foxnews.com } ~ The first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak were released on Tuesday after a two-week quarantine at March Air Reserve Base in California... Most of the 195 evacuees left by bus for nearby airports to continue on to their final destination. A small group is remaining on base until tomorrow due to their travel arrangements, officials said in a news conference on Tuesday." Our work here is done, these people are going home, and I expect each and every one of us to let them," Dr. Cameron Kaiser, public health officer of Riverside County Health, said. Officials said the individuals passed all health screenings, including those issued before their release on Tuesday, and pose "no risk" to their communities. "These people do not have coronavirus," Rear Admiral Dr. Nancy Knight, of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said. "It is important they go back into their communities and they be accepted into their communities," The group is largely made up of State Department employees and their families and has been continually monitored for possible symptoms of the coronavirus, which includes fever, shortness of breath and respiratory issues. Two children in the group were taken to the hospital after they developed a fever, but both tested negative for the coronavirus. “Today is the 14th day of the quarantine of the individuals who were on the first charter flight returning from Wuhan province and they are currently being assessed to make sure they remain symptom-free, and then we hope they will be released to travel to their home today,” Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC, said earlier on Tuesday. “So that’s one milestone that we will be celebrating later on this morning.” The evacuees arrived at the base, which about 60 miles east of Los Angeles, on Jan. 29 after briefly stopping in Alaska to refuel. The plane had initially been headed to Ontario International Reserve Base but was diverted to March Air Reserve Base in Riverside County “for the logistics that they have.” Jarred Evans, a professional football player among the evacuees, previously told Fox News that he was “ready to go home and see family and friends.”...  https://www.foxnews.com/health/first-american-coronavirus-evacuees-...  
.
U.S. Military Plans Bases For Quarantine; 
Leaked Funeral Home Phone Call Offers 
More Evidence China Is Lying
By Aaron Kesel
{ activistpost.com } ~ The U.S. military is preparing to use military installations near 11 major airports to house up to 220 U.S. citizens quarantined due to the novel coronavirus... according to a Department Of Defense statement. Meanwhile, a leaked phone conversation out of China provides yet more evidence that the death toll is higher than is being reported. The U.S. is preparing for the virus spread, which World Health Organization head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated is just the “tip of the iceberg overseas.” Ghebreyesus, urged all countries to “step up efforts to prepare” for the international spread of coronavirus and encouraged leaders to share information about the outbreak in “real time” with the U.N.’s agency for public health. According to reports, the U.S. is looking into opening as many as 14 military bases in the USA as quarantine facilities. Statements by Defense Secretary Mark Esper on February 6, 2020 indicate that these military bases could house additional passengers coming from China “should the existing HHS facilities become filled,” Military.com reported. Current existing facilities include — March Air Reserve Base and Travis Air Force Base, California, Fort Carson in Colorado; Lackland Air Force Base in Texas; and, most recently, Camp Ashland in Nebraska. A BuzzFeed article seems to show poor quarantine practices already taking place at the March Base; quarantined individuals are seen outside with no masks, no gloves, and even a buffet table. “Under the HHS request, support at each location will be limited to providing housing support for up to 20 people as they undergo a period of quarantined observation,” the Pentagon said. Further, once these people are in quarantine, military and DoD personnel are forbidden from direct contact with evacuees from China. The same policy applies to all current and future bases being used for the quarantine effort. According to the DoD statement, HHS will continue to be responsible for all care, transportation and security of these evacuees. The DoD did not provide information whether these bases would be used for a larger quarantine effort if more cases were to rise in the U.S. ...
.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg Puts Nail In 
The Equal Rights Amendment’s Coffin
By Chrissy Clark
{ thefederalist.com } ~ At Georgetown University’s Law Center Monday, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said the manner in which Virginia passed the Equal Rights Amendment ERA is too controversial... Activists have tried since 1920 to pass the ERA, which adds to the Constitution that “equality of rights under the law shall not be abridged… on account of sex.” The controversy lies in what the intended and unintended consequences of this bill would be given the gender identity spectrum in the 21st century, the nation’s runaway judiciary, and that the sexes have differences that matter and sometimes affect law. When the debate was last raging over ERA in the 1980s, Congress imposed a deadline for it to be ratified by at least 38 states to become a constitutional amendment. The states failed to achieve full ratification before the deadline, which ended 40 years ago. Despite that, in 2020 Virginia adopted the ERA under new Democrat leadership. While Ginsburg believes in some form of an ERA, she does not believe passing an expired constitutional ratification is a right way to accomplish this goal. “I would like to see a new beginning, I’d like it to start over. There’s too much controversy about late comers, Virginia long after the deadline passed,” Ginsburg said.Ginsburg made similar comments in September 2019. She said any effort to adopt the ERA would require starting from scratch. Regardless of the ERA’s expiration, Democrats in Congress are now trying to revive the bill with a joint resolution between the House and Senate. A House floor vote on the resolution is scheduled for Feb. 13.
.
Cory Gardner is in the middle, facing crossfire
by Nic Rowan
{ washingtonexaminer.com } ~ As the 2020 elections approach, Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner is under fire. Democrats, of course, want him out... As one of only two sitting Republican senators representing a state scumbag/liar-Hillary Clinton won in 2016, Gardner is pegged by the Democratic National Committee as one of its top 2020 targets. And since 2017, left-wing Colorado activists have been beating their war drums against him. Armed with satirical, life-sized cardboard cutouts of the senator, and a ream of grievances, groups such as Progress Now Colorado and Indivisible Front Range Resistance, have held town hall meetings across the state, demanding Gardner’s head. The cries of dissent reached fever pitch when Gardner voted with 50 other Republicans not to allow more witnesses in the impeachment trial of President Trump. Days later, Gardner joined the majority of his Republican colleagues to acquit the president of the charges leveled against him by Democrats in the House of Representatives. “It’s time to unite and fight,” state Rep. Joe Salazar shouted Saturday during an anti-Gardner rally in Denver. “We vote, and we vote big. We are going to come out.” But uniting has proved difficult. Nine Democratic candidates are locked in a bitter primary battle for the Senate nomination, in large part because of former Gov. and erstwhile presidential candidate John Hickenlooper’s late entry into the race. Hickenlooper is still embroiled in a corporate ethics scandal from his time as governor. Many state Democrats resent his presumptuous late candidacy. Hickenlooper’s primary foe, former Speaker of the Colorado House of Representatives Andrew Romanoff, has repeatedly accused Hickenlooper of being “recruited” into the race by the national party, which is true. Romanoff has taunted Hickenlooper, saying he knows he “wouldn’t be good” at the job, which Hickenlooper admitted during his presidential run last year. At a January forum featuring all of the Democratic candidates, Romanoff tore into national party leaders for attempting to turn the “contest into a coronation.” The Gardner campaign has piled on as well, stoking the fires of division on the Left amid Hickenlooper’s calls for moderation such as slowing progress toward universal healthcare and the elimination of fossil fuels. Romanoff’s activist base has swung sharply to the left. “There is no such thing as a ‘moderate’ Democrat anymore,” Jerrod Dobkin, Gardner’s campaign communications director, told the Washington Examiner. “All of the Democrat candidates want to impose their radical agenda on hardworking Coloradans that will destroy the economy and kill jobs.”...  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/cory-gardner-is-in-the-m...   

Diplomats say Abbas, lacking votes, pulls 
request for UN vote against Trump plan
by timesofisrael.com ~ The Palestinians have abandoned their request for a vote at the UN Security Council Tuesday that they hoped would reject the peace plan of US President Donald Trump... whose administration has put heavy pressure on critics, diplomats said. Introduced by Indonesia and Tunisia, the resolution was withdrawn because it risked not having nine out of 15 votes in its favor, the minimum required for adoption provided there is no veto by a permanent member, the diplomats told AFP.A diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the United States has placed “very strong pressure” on other countries on the Security Council, including threats of economic retribution. Despite the setback, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will go ahead Tuesday and address the Security Council about Trump’s January 28 plan, which paves the way for Israeli annexation of much of the Jordan Valley and settlements but also allows for a demilitarized Palestinian state. The Palestinians sought to portray the move as a temporary  delay and a technicality. Senior Palestinian official Saeb Erekat denied reports that the draft resolution was pulled because of a lack of support, saying in a statement that the “rumor” the Palestinians withdrew the resolution is “not true and totally baseless.” He said the draft resolution, which initially said the US plan undermined the Palestinian peoples’ aspirations for independence, is still being discussed and will be put to a vote once those discussions conclude with “a formula that represents our positions.” The original draft resolution, co-sponsored by Tunisia and Indonesia and backed by the Palestinians, also said the US plan violates international law and Security Council demands for a two-state solution based on borders before the 1967 Mideast war. It would have expressed the council’s determination “to examine practical ways and means to secure the full implementation of its relevant resolutions, including enforcement measures under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter,” which can be by military or non-military means...   https://www.timesofisrael.com/diplomats-say-palestinians-pull-reque...   

As Sea of Galilee fills to bursting, 
Israelis’ joy overflows
By NATHAN JEFFAY 
{ timesofisrael.com } ~ It’s a Tu Bishvat dream come true for Tiberias residents: The Sea of Galilee is at its highest level that most can remember... “We’re at the top level of excitement that people reach around here,” said Rami Ben-Tzvi, 72, standing by the rowing club that he runs. He looked in amazement at the water in front of him. Although the level is still 210.04 meters (689 feet) below sea level, it’s some 1.75 meters (5.74 feet) higher than at the start of January. Ben-Tzvi said the last time he can remember such a scene at the Sea of Galilee, Israel’s largest source of fresh water, was during the major storms of 1992. He noted that it’s a new sight to many locals. Rain since early January has been so plentiful that if the downpours predicted for the rest of this week take place, the water level could soon rise by around 1.25 meters (4.1 feet), at which point a city accustomed to worrying about drought would be at risk of flooding. If flooding looks possible authorities will intervene. If water nears the “upper red line” of 208.8 meters below sea level, they will open a dam at Kibbutz Degania, allowing water to flow in to the Jordan River as they did in 1992. Tiberias residents are anticipating a dam opening as a momentous occasion — and talk about the latest water level with the giddiness that sports fans discuss results when their teams win. Experts say that opening the dam would be good for Israel and the region. Steve Brenner, a water specialist from Bar-Ilan University, told The Times of Israel that opening the dam would benefit the Jordan River, and in turn raise the level of the Dead Sea. Uri Schor, spokesman for Israel’s Water Authority, said that the chance of the dam opening is 50%. As Ben-Tzvi spoke, he pointed at a concrete jetty that his rowing club uses. “It’s 20 meters 65 feet long, and most of it is normally dry, but today most of it is in the water and only five or six meters roughly 16-20 feet are dry.” He was so delighted that he brought his granddaughter to work for the day, to see the water. He said it was a perfect trip for Tu Bishvat, the so-called New Year for Trees, when Jewish people celebrate nature...   https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-sea-of-galilee-fills-to-bursting-i...   

.
FBI Director: Carter Page Surveillance Was Illegal
Thomas Gallatin:  While much of the country’s attention was focused on the Senate voting to acquit President Donald Trump of the House Democrats’ impeachment charges on Wednesday, a potentially criminally significant moment was occurring in a House Judiciary Committee hearing, where FBI Director Chris Wray answered questions regarding the FBI’s abuse of the FISA court. Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX) cited Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report, which found that the FBI had failed to follow the law with its FISA warrant applications to surveil Carter Page. Ratcliffe asked Wray to “acknowledge that this was illegal surveillance with respect to at least several of these FISA applications because there was no probable cause or proper predication — correct?” Wray responded in the affirmative, simply answering, “Right.”

That’s quite an admission and an about-face from Wray’s comments last December when, in an interview with ABC News, he sought to downplay the seriousness of the IG report. “I think it’s important for the American people to know that when the FBI opens an investigation it does so with proper predication, with proper authorization, based on the facts and nothing else,” Wray stated then. “I think it’s important that the inspector general found that in this particular instance the investigation was opened with appropriate predication and authorization.” Now he’s acknowledging that the FISA application for surveilling Page was illegal. This will certainly help Page in his lawsuit against the Justice Department and FBI.

Once again, it appears that Trump has been proven correct. He blasted Wray’s characterization of the IG report, asserting, “I don’t know what report current Director of the FBI Christopher Wray was reading, but it sure wasn’t the one given to me. With that kind of attitude, he will never be able to fix the FBI, which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!”

While the wheels of justice may turn slowly, the good news is that they are still turning.   ~The Patriot Post

https://patriotpost.us/articles/68445?mailing_id=4854&utm_mediu...  

Views: 7

Comment

You need to be a member of Tea Party Command Center to add comments!

Join Tea Party Command Center

LIGHTER SIDE

 

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service