1. He or she speaks only in very broad generalities. “They say...” “Everybody thinks...” “Everyone knows...” and such expressions are in continual use, particularly when imparting rumor. When asked, “Who is everybody...” it normally turns out to be one source and from this source the antisocial person has manufactured what he or she pretends is the whole opinion of the whole society. This is natural to them since to them all society is a large hostile generality, against the antisocial in particular.
2. Such a person deals mainly in bad news, critical or hostile remarks, invalidation and general suppression. “Gossip” or “bearer of evil tidings” or “rumormonger” once described such persons. It is notable that there is no good news or complimentary remark passed on by such a person.
3. The antisocial personality alters, to worsen, communication when he or she relays a message or news. Good news is stopped and only bad news, often embellished, is passed along. Such a person also pretends to pass on “bad news” which is in actual fact invented.
4. A characteristic, and one of the sad things about an antisocial personality, is that it does not respond to treatment or reform.
Unjustly we seldom see the antisocial personality actually in an institution. Only his “friends” and family are there.
6. The antisocial personality habitually selects the wrong target. If a tire is flat from driving over nails, he or she curses a companion or a noncausative source of the trouble. If the radio next door is too loud, he or she kicks the cat. If A is the obvious cause, the antisocial personality inevitably blames B or C or D.
7. The antisocial cannot finish a cycle of action. Any action goes through a sequence wherein the action is begun, is continued for as long as is required and is completed as planned. The antisocial becomes surrounded with incomplete projects.
8. Many antisocial persons will freely confess to the most alarming crimes when forced to do so, but will have no faintest sense of responsibility for them. Their actions have little or nothing to do with their own volition. Things “just happened.” They have no sense of remorse or shame.
9. The antisocial personality supports only destructive groups and rages against and attacks any constructive or betterment group.
10. This type of personality approves only of destructive actions and fights against constructive or helpful actions or activities. The artist in particular is often found as a magnet for persons with antisocial personalities who see in his art something which must be destroyed and covertly, “as a friend,” proceed to try.
11. Helping others is an activity which drives the antisocial personality nearly berserk. Activities, however, which destroy in the name of help are closely supported.
The Basic Reason
The basic reason the antisocial personality behaves as he or she does lies in a hidden terror of others.
To such a person every other being is an enemy, an enemy to be covertly or overtly destroyed.
The fixation is that survival itself depends on “keeping others down” or “keeping people ignorant.”
If anyone were to promise to make others stronger or brighter, the antisocial personality suffers the utmost agony of personal danger.
They reason that if they are in this much trouble with people around them weak or stupid, they would perish should anyone become strong or bright. Such a person has no trust to a point of terror. This is usually masked and un-revealed.
If you were to weed out of your past by proper search and discovery those antisocial persons you have known and if you then disconnected, you might experience great relief.
Similarly, if society were to recognize this personality type as a sick being as they now isolate people with smallpox, both social and economic recoveries could occur.
Things are not likely to get much better so long as 20 percent of the population is permitted to dominate and injure the lives and enterprise of the remaining 80 percent.
As majority rule is the political manner of the day, so should majority sanity express itself in our daily lives without the interference and destruction of the socially unwell.
An understanding and ability to recognize such personalities could bring a major change in society and our lives. The antisocial personality has a hidden terror of others. All other people are enemies to be covertly or overtly destroyed. One sign of an antisocial personality is that he deals mainly in critical or hostile remarks, invalidation and general suppression.
(no I am not it is just very interesting)