As a Senior Citizen, and having been raised at a time when patriotism was an important part of daily life. Remember when we started our school day with the Pledge of Allegiance, I am continually surprised at how vitriolic the reaction from the left wing zombies when hearing or repeating that pledge!
But, I suppose that these days there are a LOT of things that surprise me. And not I might add, a good surprise. So I thought that I would enumerate what I think are the top ten reasons we are where we are. So, here are my......
"Were We Asleep At The Wheel - Top Ten":
- Ignoring the emergence of "new world order" as a term describing political thought. (see Woodrow Wilson, "global justice" for a start)
- Increasing expectations as to the roll of "government".
- Increasing "public ownership" of private enterprise = socialism.
- Not understanding that socialism is the precursor of Communism (from Latin communis - common, universal) as a revolutionary socialist movement to create a classless, moneyless, and stateless social order would would be packaged to appeal to the masses who didn't realize that it would not produce what it promised.
- Not realizing that the fall away from God would foster envy and avarice to prevail in the social order.
- Ignoring our increasing obsession with institutionalized snooping (to interest oneself in what is not one's concern) via television and mass media.
- Not venerating education and integrity above everything else.
- Thinking the "solution" to our problems was going to be easy.
- Not teaching our CHILDREN about the importance of patriotism.
- Ignoring our responsibility to VOTE!
I HOPE THAT WE CAN TURN THE TIDE...BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!