Read 'em and DON'T weep...bury Washington in faxes and phone calls
More Notes on the Shutdown
Imagine how bad it must be for a distinguished commentator to accuse Obama of a “bald-faced lie” !
In addition to my own observations, I have also included a list of 21 egregious hate actions ordered by obama…….
First, read Thomas Sowell’s commentary
Who Shutdown the Government
- House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going -- except for ObamaCare.
- All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity.
- The hundreds of thousands of government workers who have been laid off are not idle because the House of Representatives did not vote enough money to pay their salaries or the other expenses of their agencies
- we do know who had the option to keep the government running and chose not to
- The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare…. Mgi.. their “leader” being dirty harry reid
- When Barack Obama keeps claiming that it is some new outrage for those who control the money to try to change government policy by granting or withholding money, that is simply a bald-faced lie.
- Perhaps the biggest of the big lies is that the government will not be able to pay what it owes on the national debt, creating a danger of default.
- Even if the debt ceiling is not lifted, that only means that government is not allowed to run up new debt
- unless the Republicans get their side of the story out…… -- the lies will win. More important, the whole country will lose.
Now check some Priorities
- Evicting citizens from their homes and businesses is more important ( critical) than the Amber Alert System for missing children
- Locking down National Memorials and spiting Veterans is more important (critical) than helping a child with cancer
- Beefing up Obamacare websites are more important (critical) than keeping our FBI open and working on National Defense
- Foreign Aid ( to hamas, Libya, egypt, mexico, russia) is more important (critical) than taking care of our Seniors
- Closing the Oceans is more important than………….Prayer
- Paying Government Union Officials is more important than…………The Statue of Liberty
If that is not enough………….read on…………….
The lawlessness of this spoiled brat has to be stopped. The only reason for all this is to inflict pain on the American people.
1. Treatments for Children Suffering From Cancer - The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.
2. The World War II Memorial - The WWII memorial on the DC Mall is a 24/7 open-air memorial that is not regularly staffed. Although the White House must have known that WWII veterans in their eighties and nineties had already booked flights to visit this memorial, the White House still found the ( critical ???) resources to spitefully barricade the attraction.
The Republican National Committee has offered to cover any costs required to keep the memorial open. The White House refused. Moreover, like the NIH, the GOP will pass a compromise bill that would fund America's national parks. Obama has threatened to veto that bill.
3. Furloughed Military Chaplains Not Allowed to Work for Free - Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.
(They should set up a Field Church off base and proceed)
4. Business Stops In Florida Keys - Although the GOP have agreed to compromise in the ongoing budget stalemate and fund the parks, Obama has threatened to veto that funding. As a result, small businesses, hunters, and commercial fisherman can't practice their trade. While the feds have deemed the personnel necessary to keep this area open "non-essential," the "enforcement officers" to ensure no business is done are "essential."
5. Obama Blacks Out Sports, Entertainment Programming to Overseas Troops - The American Forces Network (AFN) that provides American sports and entertainment programming to our troops stationed abroad, has been shut down. For some reason, though, AFN News will still broadcast news, just not any of the popular and fun stuff.
Camp David is essential, but popular programming for heroes overseas is non-essential.
( ANOTHER slap-in-the-face disrespect by obama)
6. Obama Closes D-Day Memorial - The GOP have offered to compromise and fund the National Parks. Obama has said he will veto this compromise legislation. As a result, along with 24 other military cemeteries, the D-Day memorial in Normandy has been barricaded.
7. Obama Tries to Close Privately-Funded Mt. Vernon - Although George Washington's Mt. Vernon estate is privately funded, the feds blocked visitors from entering the parking area because the Park Service maintains the lot. Apparently, the New Media publicity resulted in the feds backing down.
(Having citizens drive thru an empty parking lot is a GRAVE threat to our National Security ????)
8. Obama Closes Over 100 Privately-Managed Parks That Cost No Money to Run - The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that "employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states." No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.
(SO, it is NOT about money. It is about SPITE/HATE)
9. Obama Closes Self-Sustaining Colonial Farm It Hasnt Supported Since 1980 - "For the first time in 40 years, the National Park Service (NPS) has finally succeeded in closing the Farm down to the public. In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm.
10. Obama Tries to Close State-Run Parks in Wisconsin - "The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion's share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers."
( Finally….somebody stands firm…. Will Obama send in the Russian troops?)
11. Obama Closes Vietnam Memorial - The GOP have passed compromise legislation that would fund national memorials and parks, and open them to the public. Obama threatened a veto. Apparently, the "essential" government employees are those erecting barricades, not those who could keep the memorial open.
12. Obama Closes Privately-Owned Hotel, Police Block Parking Lot - "The operator of a 51-room inn located on U.S. government-owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep the property open despite being ordered to close as part of the federal government shutdown."
October is this inn's prime season. The GOP have offered compromise funding opening the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise.
State troopers blocked customers from entering the inn's parking lot.
(Oh, wow! They could be in a Federal Park, just can’t go into the INN !)
13. Park Service Ranger: 'We've Been Told to Make Life As Difficult For People As We Can' - Its a cheap way to deal with the situation, an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. Weve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. Its disgusting.
( nuff said)
14. Obama Forces Residents Out of Private Homes - "The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land."
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama has threatened a veto.
15. Acadia Park In Maine Shut Down - '"We’ve been training for two years at CrossFit for this hike — no kidding,” Hart said. She added that the shutdown should be as inconvenient for the Washington politicians who caused it as it is for average citizens.'
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto.
16. Historic Restaurant Open During Last Shutdown Forced to Close - "An iconic Philadelphia restaurant has been forced to close its doors and turn away booked parties because of the government shutdown. …
"Restaurant public relations director Molly Yun said they were notified there was a possibility a closure might happen, but they were allowed to remain open during the last government shutdown 17 years ago."
The restaurant is part of the federal park system, which the GOP have agreed to fund. Obama said he will veto the funding.
17. Obama Shuts Down a Road Tha Goes Through CO Park: "The Forest Service announcement, in turn, led the Pitkin County commissioners to order that Maroon Creek Road be shut down at the height of the colorful leaf-changing season. Ahead of what is to be one of the busiest weekends of the fall, the road is to be closed to vehicles at T-Lazy-7 Ranch, pending a resolution to the government shutdown."
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise funding.
18. Residents Plan Protest of Cape Hatteras Closing - "Businesses and residents on the Outer Banks have planned a peaceful protest of the closure of Hatteras Island's beaches due to the government shut down.
"The U.S. House Wednesday passed a measure to reopen national parks and monuments. It will now go to the U.S. Senate."
In the unlikely event the Democrat Senate passes the bill, Obama has threatened a veto of any compromise legislation opening the parks.
19. Obama Blocks People From LOOKING at Mt. Rushmore - "Blocking access to trails and programs at South Dakota’s most popular attraction was one thing, but state officials didn’t expect Congress’ budget stalemate to shut down a view of Mount Rushmore.
"The National Park Service placed cones along highway viewing areas outside Mount Rushmore this week, barring visitors from pulling over and taking pictures of the famed monument.
The cones first went up Oct. 1, said Dusty Johnson, Gov. Dennis Daugaard’s chief of staff. The state asked that they be taken down, and federal officials did so with some of them. The state was told the cones were a safety precaution to help channel cars into viewing areas rather than to bar their entrance."
20. Crucial USDA Websites Taken Down - "The U.S. Department of Agriculture has turned off its entire website in response to the government shutdown, leaving farmers, reporters and others with no way to access any of the agency's information online. …
"USDA's total website shutdown goes far beyond the response of other federal agencies, and seems to be part of an effort to make people feel the effects of the shutdown. Thursday morning calls to USDA's press office seeking an explanation were not answered."
This website is down and yet the ObamaCare and White House websites are up.
21. St. Louis Gateway Arch Closed - The GOP have agreed to compromise legislation funding the parks. Obama has threatened a veto