One nation under God . . . with the freedom to practice whatever your religion may be, as long as it was within our laws. This is no doubt one of the many reasons that made America so great and one of the many reasons people from diverse religious backgrounds flock to our country. We are richer, stronger and alot more interesting, due to our diverse cultures and religious backgrounds. Yet ... when our forefathers set out to secure the implementation of religious freedom, it was certainly not with the intention to "replace" or dilute the very religion to which this country was founded - CHRISTIANITY ! Just as we American's / Christian's would respect the religion of any culture to which we visit, we would not try to replace or minimize the religion to which it was founded ! America has reached a crossroad, to the like's it has never experienced before. It's true upon our founding, that all immigrant's struggled to assimilate and coexist between their different religious beliefs but there's a very large difference between understanding "the need to coexist," having been given "the freedom of religion," vs. the "forced implementation or altering" of our own religion, simply to accommodate another ! SOMETHING IS DRASTICALLY WRONG HERE ... for most of us know that "religion is about tolerance," and not TAKE OVER ! Many of us understand that President Obama has displayed a certain allegiance to the Muslim religion. America's instinctive tolerance has aloud much of this allegiance to go unquestioned or unverified as to its' continuing impact on our very own country. IF WE DON'T BEGIN TO QUESTION, BEGIN TO VERIFY, HAVE YOUR FAMILY VERIFY, YOUR FRIENDS VERIFY, YOUR TEACHER'S VERIFY, YOUR POLITICIAN'S VERIFY, etc... etc... etc... The very freedoms your family is enjoying right now, are very unlikely to be enjoyed by your grandchildren ! And sadly ... all they'll be able to do is look back at our generation and wonder why WE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN ! If you haven't seen or heard about this already, below is just another example of President Obama using taxpayer dollars TO PROMOTE THE MONOPOLY OF THE MUSLIM RELIGION INTO OUR COUNTRY. The below stamp, President Obama had created to honor and celebrate the Muslim Holiday's. Don't want your taxpayer dollars used to promote the Muslim religion, you better hold on pretty tight ... THERE'S ALOT MORE COMING . . .
In the wake of the government shutdown, despite provisions in the Pay Our Military Act, Catholics at Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base in Georgia are being denied religious services. The Catholic priest who serves this community has been prohibited from even volunteering to celebrate Holy Mass without pay, and was told that if he violated that order, he could be subject to arrest. Protestant services continue to take place. Only Catholic services have been shutdown.
This is an astonishing attack on religious freedom by the federal government, and the latest affront towards the military since the beginning of the shutdown.
As a result, the Thomas More Law Center (TMLC), a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, MI, today, filed a federal lawsuit in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Father Ray Leonard, a Catholic priest contracted to serve as base chaplain and Fred Naylor, one of Father Leonard’s parishioners and a retired veteran with over 22 years of service. Fr. Leonard is a civilian Catholic Pastor contracted by the Department of Defense (DoD) to serve as a military chaplain at Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base in Georgia.
Fr. Leonard who served Tibetan populations in China for 10 years, informed the court in an affidavit; “In China, I was disallowed from performing public religious services due to the lack of religious freedom in China. I never imagined that when I returned home to the United States, that I would be forbidden from practicing my religious beliefs as I am called to do, and would be forbidden from helping and serving my faith community.”
On October 4, 2013, Fr. Leonard was ordered to stop performing all of his duties as the base’s Catholic Chaplain, even on a voluntary basis. He was also told that he could be arrested if he violated that order. The approximately 300 Catholic families, including Fred Naylor’s, served by Fr. Leonard at Kings Bay have been unable to attend Mass on base since the beginning of the shutdown.
Additionally, Fr. Leonard was locked out of his on-base office and the chapel. Fr. Leonard was also denied access to the Holy Eucharist and other articles of his Catholic faith. The order has caused the cancellation of daily and weekend mass, confession, marriage preparation classes and baptisms as well as prevented Fr. Leonard from providing the spiritual guidance he was called by his faith to provide.
The submarine base is remotely located. It consists of roughly 16,000 acres, with 4,000 acres comprised of protected wetlands. There are approximately 10,000 total people on the base.
A Catholic Church is located off base in the town of St. Mary’s. However, many of the parishioners both live and work on base and do not own a car and cannot otherwise access transportation. Therefore a sixteen (16) mile journey to and from the off-base church is simply not possible. Moreover, many of the sailors have an extremely limited amount of time off. With their time highly regimented, they are not given a long enough break time for this exceptionally long walk and the Mass service.
Defendants in the lawsuit are the Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, the Department of the Navy, and the Secretary of the Department of the Navy, Ray Mabus.
Currently, about 25% of the US Armed Forces is Catholic and due to a shortage of active duty Catholic Priests, the DoD contracts Catholic Priests to provide religious services, sacraments and support for other religious practices for military base communities. Catholic Priests serve the Military Archdiocese.
For active duty service members, on base religious services are extremely important given issues associated with off base transportation, extremely limited time off and the highly scheduled lifestyle of active military duty. Additionally, as service members tend to have high rates of divorce, depression and suicide, the need for readily available spiritual encouragement and guidance is critical.
The Pay Our Military Act, which was enacted before the beginning of the government shutdown, provides provisions for the funding of employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale and well-being of the military. The government has previously been criticized for interpreting the Act to not include military death benefits. Now, in yet another bizarre interpretation of the Act, some chaplains are not considered covered by these provisions, leaving Catholic members of some military facilities without spiritual guidance.
There is an extreme disconnect in the White House when it comes to what is truly in the nation’s interest. The government shutdown which last week forced Honor Flight veterans to stand at barriers to stand at barriers erected by Obama’s orders at their World War II Memorial, is contrasted by Tuesday’s tens of thousands of illegal aliens getting a free pass to march on the National Mall in open defiance is an outrage.
Understand this; Obama intended this and his administration’s goal is to stick it in the eye of all veterans, their families and every American citizen!
Were you angry to see video after video and photo after photo of illegal aliens and their supporters demanding rights from criminals, who broke the law, show up at the nation’s doorstep and says, “You owe me!” The politically correct police are working for Obama and the mainstream media, and American citizens are being figuratively spat on!
On the day the nation was born, America’s founding fathers could not ever contemplate that its soldiers who demonstrated valor on the battlefield would be tossed out of their own memorial, while law breaking-illegal aliens and their sympathizers would brazenly and contemptuously stroll pass them.
Ordinarily this illegal demonstration by illegal aliens would not have even been covered or noticed in the politically correct lawless world inhabited by liberals and mainstream pundits. It has become too common a practice to allow hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens to march in D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles and other cities, when other criminals would have had paddy wagons waiting to whisk the lawbreakers away.
Well, America, this is now the time where the upside down world of liberals and the lawless lawbreakers that are illegal aliens has to come to a stop. There is no way in the world that an American president who took an oath to defend, protect and support the U.S. Constitution should be allowed to ground its meaning into the dirt as Obama has.
The Obama administration was well aware of the coming illegal march by illegal aliens. The administration officials also appeared to know that the best way to hurt the American public was to cherry pick which government operations to shut down and which to ignore. Monuments which celebrated the courage, conviction and gallantry of American’s finest were a perfect target to barricade.
What is insidious about this logic is somehow these socialist-minded bureaucrats in the White House could not forecast that Americans would be outraged and point the finger not at the Republican House but at the man who said “Shut it down!”
The government shut down has brought this contempt for America’s fallen heroes and their loves ones front and center to most Americans in a way the Benghazi tragedy did not. Obama hid, lied, danced away, pointed fingers, denied, and delayed any information of documentation of his involvement in letting these brave Americans needlessly be murdered.
Read 'em and DON'T weep...bury Washington in faxes and phone calls
More Notes on the Shutdown
Imagine how bad it must be for a distinguished commentator to accuse Obama of a “bald-faced lie” !
In addition to my own observations, I have also included a list of 21 egregious hate actions ordered by obama…….
First, read Thomas Sowell’s commentary
- House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going -- except for ObamaCare.
- All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity.
- The hundreds of thousands of government workers who have been laid off are not idle because the House of Representatives did not vote enough money to pay their salaries or the other expenses of their agencies
- we do know who had the option to keep the government running and chose not to
- The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare…. Mgi.. their “leader” being dirty harry reid
- When Barack Obama keeps claiming that it is some new outrage for those who control the money to try to change government policy by granting or withholding money, that is simply a bald-faced lie.
- Perhaps the biggest of the big lies is that the government will not be able to pay what it owes on the national debt, creating a danger of default.
- Even if the debt ceiling is not lifted, that only means that government is not allowed to run up new debt
- unless the Republicans get their side of the story out…… -- the lies will win. More important, the whole country will lose.
Now check some Priorities
- Evicting citizens from their homes and businesses is more important ( critical) than the Amber Alert System for missing children
- Locking down National Memorials and spiting Veterans is more important (critical) than helping a child with cancer
- Beefing up Obamacare websites are more important (critical) than keeping our FBI open and working on National Defense
- Foreign Aid ( to hamas, Libya, egypt, mexico, russia) is more important (critical) than taking care of our Seniors
- Closing the Oceans is more important than………….Prayer
- Paying Government Union Officials is more important than…………The Statue of Liberty
If that is not enough………….read on…………….
The lawlessness of this spoiled brat has to be stopped. The only reason for all this is to inflict pain on the American people.
1. Treatments for Children Suffering From Cancer - The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.
2. The World War II Memorial - The WWII memorial on the DC Mall is a 24/7 open-air memorial that is not regularly staffed. Although the White House must have known that WWII veterans in their eighties and nineties had already booked flights to visit this memorial, the White House still found the ( critical ???) resources to spitefully barricade the attraction.
The Republican National Committee has offered to cover any costs required to keep the memorial open. The White House refused. Moreover, like the NIH, the GOP will pass a compromise bill that would fund America's national parks. Obama has threatened to veto that bill.
3. Furloughed Military Chaplains Not Allowed to Work for Free - Furloughed military chaplains willing to celebrate Mass and baptisms for free have been told they will be punished for doing so.
(They should set up a Field Church off base and proceed)
4. Business Stops In Florida Keys - Although the GOP have agreed to compromise in the ongoing budget stalemate and fund the parks, Obama has threatened to veto that funding. As a result, small businesses, hunters, and commercial fisherman can't practice their trade. While the feds have deemed the personnel necessary to keep this area open "non-essential," the "enforcement officers" to ensure no business is done are "essential."
5. Obama Blacks Out Sports, Entertainment Programming to Overseas Troops - The American Forces Network (AFN) that provides American sports and entertainment programming to our troops stationed abroad, has been shut down. For some reason, though, AFN News will still broadcast news, just not any of the popular and fun stuff.
Camp David is essential, but popular programming for heroes overseas is non-essential.
( ANOTHER slap-in-the-face disrespect by obama)
6. Obama Closes D-Day Memorial - The GOP have offered to compromise and fund the National Parks. Obama has said he will veto this compromise legislation. As a result, along with 24 other military cemeteries, the D-Day memorial in Normandy has been barricaded.
7. Obama Tries to Close Privately-Funded Mt. Vernon - Although George Washington's Mt. Vernon estate is privately funded, the feds blocked visitors from entering the parking area because the Park Service maintains the lot. Apparently, the New Media publicity resulted in the feds backing down.
(Having citizens drive thru an empty parking lot is a GRAVE threat to our National Security ????)
8. Obama Closes Over 100 Privately-Managed Parks That Cost No Money to Run - The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that "employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states." No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.
(SO, it is NOT about money. It is about SPITE/HATE)
9. Obama Closes Self-Sustaining Colonial Farm It Hasnt Supported Since 1980 - "For the first time in 40 years, the National Park Service (NPS) has finally succeeded in closing the Farm down to the public. In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm.
10. Obama Tries to Close State-Run Parks in Wisconsin - "The park service ordered state officials to close the northern unit of the Kettle Moraine, Devil's Lake, and Interstate state parks and the state-owned portion of the Horicon Marsh, but state authorities rebuffed the request because the lion's share of the funding came from state, not federal coffers."
( Finally….somebody stands firm…. Will Obama send in the Russian troops?)
11. Obama Closes Vietnam Memorial - The GOP have passed compromise legislation that would fund national memorials and parks, and open them to the public. Obama threatened a veto. Apparently, the "essential" government employees are those erecting barricades, not those who could keep the memorial open.
12. Obama Closes Privately-Owned Hotel, Police Block Parking Lot - "The operator of a 51-room inn located on U.S. government-owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep the property open despite being ordered to close as part of the federal government shutdown."
October is this inn's prime season. The GOP have offered compromise funding opening the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise.
State troopers blocked customers from entering the inn's parking lot.
(Oh, wow! They could be in a Federal Park, just can’t go into the INN !)
13. Park Service Ranger: 'We've Been Told to Make Life As Difficult For People As We Can' - Its a cheap way to deal with the situation, an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. Weve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. Its disgusting.
( nuff said)
14. Obama Forces Residents Out of Private Homes - "The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land."
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama has threatened a veto.
15. Acadia Park In Maine Shut Down - '"We’ve been training for two years at CrossFit for this hike — no kidding,” Hart said. She added that the shutdown should be as inconvenient for the Washington politicians who caused it as it is for average citizens.'
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto.
16. Historic Restaurant Open During Last Shutdown Forced to Close - "An iconic Philadelphia restaurant has been forced to close its doors and turn away booked parties because of the government shutdown. …
"Restaurant public relations director Molly Yun said they were notified there was a possibility a closure might happen, but they were allowed to remain open during the last government shutdown 17 years ago."
The restaurant is part of the federal park system, which the GOP have agreed to fund. Obama said he will veto the funding.
17. Obama Shuts Down a Road Tha Goes Through CO Park: "The Forest Service announcement, in turn, led the Pitkin County commissioners to order that Maroon Creek Road be shut down at the height of the colorful leaf-changing season. Ahead of what is to be one of the busiest weekends of the fall, the road is to be closed to vehicles at T-Lazy-7 Ranch, pending a resolution to the government shutdown."
The GOP have agreed to fund the parks. Obama said he will veto that compromise funding.
18. Residents Plan Protest of Cape Hatteras Closing - "Businesses and residents on the Outer Banks have planned a peaceful protest of the closure of Hatteras Island's beaches due to the government shut down.
"The U.S. House Wednesday passed a measure to reopen national parks and monuments. It will now go to the U.S. Senate."
In the unlikely event the Democrat Senate passes the bill, Obama has threatened a veto of any compromise legislation opening the parks.
19. Obama Blocks People From LOOKING at Mt. Rushmore - "Blocking access to trails and programs at South Dakota’s most popular attraction was one thing, but state officials didn’t expect Congress’ budget stalemate to shut down a view of Mount Rushmore.
"The National Park Service placed cones along highway viewing areas outside Mount Rushmore this week, barring visitors from pulling over and taking pictures of the famed monument.
The cones first went up Oct. 1, said Dusty Johnson, Gov. Dennis Daugaard’s chief of staff. The state asked that they be taken down, and federal officials did so with some of them. The state was told the cones were a safety precaution to help channel cars into viewing areas rather than to bar their entrance."
20. Crucial USDA Websites Taken Down - "The U.S. Department of Agriculture has turned off its entire website in response to the government shutdown, leaving farmers, reporters and others with no way to access any of the agency's information online. …
"USDA's total website shutdown goes far beyond the response of other federal agencies, and seems to be part of an effort to make people feel the effects of the shutdown. Thursday morning calls to USDA's press office seeking an explanation were not answered."
This website is down and yet the ObamaCare and White House websites are up.
21. St. Louis Gateway Arch Closed - The GOP have agreed to compromise legislation funding the parks. Obama has threatened a veto
This is short, but to the point
In 1987 President Reagan said.... Gorbachev, tear down that wall!
Today in 2013 I, Bunky, say........ Obama, TAKE DOWN THOSE BARRICADES!
Please join me in communicating to Washington.....
Do your job...do your votes...do whatever..... But CUT THE
Every day that the "shutdown" continues reveals just how mean and spiteful obama is
Check out these examples
America Washington is Imploding
- White House Disavows White House Statement
- We Did........ We Didn't
- Biden praises Park Rangers who LOCKED DOWN WW II Memorial (Real Heroes)
Shutdown hurts kids with Cancer but dirty harry won’t help
- Critical employees stay on the job….. but …How do you know?
- If you are an Obama pawn to inflict pain on America ….. CRITICAL
- Everybody else ……………..NON-ESSENTIAL
Is it the Constitution or is it Blackmail
- When Obama/reid fail to provide a budget ….. ho hum
- When Congress executes its Constitutional “power of the purse” duties ---- EXTORTION!
How many examples do you need?
His strategy is simple, but we have laws against spewing hate.
Please send this to everybody in your email address book and also to you Senators and Representative.
PS...sorry about the formatting...this editor is not the best................
When we hear things like "government shutdown" we understand you folks on the Hill are arguing with each other and have not reached a solution... this time, under this president, a few among you have decided, "They must pay" and are causing as much "pain" to the People of the Nation as you can possibly cause.... all for a political agenda the majority of people in this Nation do. not. support....
Well, folks - I pray that ALL of you read and heed this... as those of you who are allowing this government shutdown to continue are now going to cost the American taxpayer a few Billion more dollars by your actions.....
What insults intelligence; those in the House who listened to the American People and did the right thing (defund the ACA) - are being publicly accused of shutting down government by those who are actually guilty of refusing to listen to the American People and who did shut down the government!
Guilty are the very same people in this administration and Congress who hold the opinion “they must pay”.
There was conjecture in the press yesterday that this “government shutdown” might blow-up in the faces of President Obama and the Senate Democrats - well, now you know how it's going to begin...
Folks; yawl ought to educate yourselves before you open your mouth or act... as eventually all your chickens are gona come home ta roost. This government shutdown is likely the most serious miscalculation you have made to date!
The federal government leases land and buildings to individuals and private business - and with orders originating from the White House ordering these properties “closed” - yet the federal government gave up legal right to “close” by leasing them out to said individuals and private business.....
Those in this administration and in Congress who are forcing this shutdown neglected to consider that a LEASE runs for an average period of twelve (12) months. Since the leasee now owns legal rights to that property (and paid for those rights) - the federal government has NO right to "close" it............ And the leasee has every right to sue the federal government in a Court of Law - since the federal government is already, obviously and unconstitutionally in the wrong - no questions as to the outcome of all the countless lawsuits that will eventually be filed.... and the damages the Courts will inflict on the federal government the taxpayer is going to end up paying for....
This will probably be held true as the same reasoning for open air Veterans Memorials that are privately funded - but on federal property and we have Federal Law Enforcement directed by the White House preventing U.S. Military Veterans access........
SFC (retired) Aubrey Mason
San Antonio, Texas
The Federal Government Shutdown - and a solution you may have missed October 3, 2013
The Honorable Congressman Stockman
The Honorable Congressman Smith
The Honorable Senator Cornyn
The Honorable Senator Cruz
The Honorable Congressman Issa
The Honorable Congressman Goodlatte
The Honorable Senator Paul
The Honorable Justice Roberts
For some of you, I am a constituent, for others, an information source or worse case, a pain in the rear... please forgive me if you feel I fall into the latter category as I am not a politician and I am certainly not "politically correct".
I write today on the topic of our current Federal Government shutdown.
I re-read Supreme Justice Roberts decision on the Affordable Care Act this morning - and I re-read the Constitution of the United States. I determined there is something I believe you may have missed in the chaos and misdirection found today on the Hill.
In a nutshell;
1. Supreme Justice Roberts ruled that the Affordable care Act is in fact a tax. Congress has within its power to impose a tax in this Nation.
2. The Constitution of the United States, Article I, section 8, paragraph 1 states: "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"
Therefore, The Supreme Court rules that the Affordable Care Act is Constitutional, but a tax. The Constitution states that any tax (excises) imposed by Congress MUST be "uniform throughout the United States;"
President Obama has, by Executive Legislative Fiat, excluded the entire Federal Government from the Affordable Care Act.
This appears to be unconstitutional as the Affordable care act no longer meets the requirements of Article I, section 8, paragraph 1 - the federal Government has now been exempted from this "tax".
Gentlemen, this entire Federal Government shutdown appears to be unconstitutional!
The argument from Senator Reid is that if the funding for the Affordable Care Act is not within the budget approved from the House - it will be rejected.
From the White House; President Obama has clearly stated he will veto any budget if it does not include funding the Affordable Care Act.
Dozens of polls have been run by credible organizations Nation-wide over the past few months, all asking the American Public if they wanted or did not want the Affordable Care Act...
The lowest poll results I found was 68% against the Affordable Care Act and the highest poll results I found was 92% against the Affordable care Act. This tells me - and should tell any elected listening to their constituents - the American Public does not want the Affordable Care Act!
Gentlemen - it appears the American Public has voiced their opinions against this "law" and wants no part of it. The House did the right thing and voted to de-fund the Affordable Care Act then provided their budget to the Senate, who rejected it....
Yet, President Obama exempted all Federal Employees from the Affordable Care Act - and therein lies the Constitutional issue... the Affordable Care Act no longer meets the requirements of Article I, section 8, paragraph 1. Moreover - Senator Reid wants no part of the Affordable Care Act upon himself or his friends. He knows for a fact it is NOT "affordable".
I ask that all of you join together, ask your peers to join together - and hand carry if necessary this argument to the Supreme Court for a ruling. If Supreme Justice Roberts agrees to clear the decks and hear this - this may be a method to restore our government budget constitutionally and get our Government back in the game.
As a sidebar, it de-funds the Affordable Care Act and places those supporting funding it on notice the People of this Nation are tired of the unconstitutional actions of those we elected to office and will no longer tolerate these abuses.
SFC (retired) Aubrey Mason
San Antonio, Texas
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott
Tea Party Command Center
It seems that with a federal government on the brink of a shut-down and not a dime in sight to help balance the budget, President Obama still found millions for bankrupt Detroit. According to Fox News, the Obama administration has uncovered $100 million for fiscally beleaguered City of Detroit as a way of helping the city cope with mounting financial woes.
It appears that Christmas did come a bit early for the citizens of Detroit after learning that miracle of miracles the kitchen cabinet was not bare after all. This takes on an even more serious note, because Obama and his economic and political apologists like House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi had been insisting that, “There are no more cuts to make.”
Yet hiding in within the administration’s coffers was $100 million of taxpayer dollars that were not flowing to its intended funding obligations. It certainly does shore up the GOP claims in the House by its leaders, that Obama has no intention on coming clean with the House or with the American people when it comes to where dollars are spent, unspent or hidden from the public.
But there is a deeper more insidious issue which does rise above the mist of open deceit and that is whether or not, cities like Detroit with is $18 billion plus deficit and other urban cities teetering on the brink of insolvency like Chicago, New York, Washington D.C. and several in California including Los Angeles will be granted these $100 million paydays once, twice or many times.
Basic services would continue under federal shutdown
The federal government may end up in a temporary shutdown on May 16 due to the battle over a spending bill. Even with a shutdown, not everything will shut down. Some things will continue. Since the United State USPS is self-financed for probably the most part, it will continue to operate. MSNBC reports the any services in the government "involving the safety of human life or the protection of property" won't be shutdown. There will even be Social Security benefits continuing.
No more pay for government workers
Government employees are the ones that are going to lose probably the most. It will even not impact the military or air traffic controllers. Nobody has to worry about safety. However, employees in agencies that are involved in clerical, managerial or financial roles will most likely be put on a furlough. Still, there was pay frozen for several employees already. The Obama administration put these pay freezes in place. Contractors who work for the government, several of whom are small businesses, may also lose revenue, according to the Wall Street Journal. There may not be any money reimbursed to contract workers.
Preparing for shutdown
There were plans in place already. Many were prepared for a government shutdown. The Credit Union Times reports that any members on temporary federal government shutdown layoffs will be able to get zero percent interest furlough loans from the Cabrillo Credit Union in San Diego. Check your local credit union to see if they offer a program like this. There were several offered during the 1995-1996 shutdowns that occurred. If the shutdown does occur, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has said he would not rule out dipping to the Social Security Trust Fund and other sources to keep some government services fiscally viable until the shutdown subsides, according to Reuters, which means that some employees and services may continue to be funded.
Wall Street Journal
Credit Union Times
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.