This is the 2nd in a series of blogs about Immigration
Here is a link to the first one
This blog addresses ONLY the element of Border Protection from "the Bill" ( check links below to access the Bill 113 S.744))
= = = = = = = =
About the 2013 Immigration Act
The Gang of 8 has released their proposed “Comprehensive” Immigration Act
Firstly, who are the Gang of 8?
- Michael Bennet (D-CO)
- Chuck Schumer (D- NY)
- Dick Durbin ( D – IL)
- Bob Menendez ( D – NJ
- John McCain ( R- AZ)
- Jeff Flake ( R- AZ)
- Marco Rubio ( R- FL)
- Lindsay Graham ( R- SC)
Here are some reference links
And some correspondence from an unnamed Senator to a Constitutent.
This excerpt is limited to Border Protection.
It demonstrates the ambiguous language Senators use to “try to slide by”
My comments illustrate the ambiguities.
Hopefully my suggestions make more sense…………let me know
= = = =
Dear Mr. xxxyyy
Thank you for sharing your concerns about immigration reform. No matter how anyone feels about this issue, we all can agree the system we have is broken--and it needs to be fixed.
But if we try to deport the 11 million people who are working in this country with undocumented status, it would devastate our economy.
[[ME...]]] Says WHO?...... What about the TRILLIONS we will save in ILLEGAL Federal Benefits?......... That statement is typical Wash BS ---- pure UNSUPPORTED bull feces!
Their plan for immigration reform has a number of key elements, the first of which is that there is going to have to be real border security. It's hard to patrol a border of thousands of miles, particularly where people can merely walk across. But it has to be done in the context of overall immigration reform.
[[ME...]]] Context of overall immigration reform is more forked-tongue Wash double speak.
The Senator does NOT reveal that the Bill treats Border Security as a “Ho-Hum” 5 year experiment with provision for an “After-Study” IF it is declared a failure.
The Bill creates a “ GOAL”…. A GOAL that has to run for 5 years before being evaluated. THEN, if the GOAL has not been met, a Commission to Study the problem is created.
How about this Mr. Politician……
- Put all benefits on hold immediately ( benefits and the Bill is another whole story)….
- a diversion ….about Benefits
- An individual who has been granted RPI status is not eligible for any Federal means-tested public benefit (as such term is defined in section 403 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1613)).
- …. Should also include “ALL OTHER PUBLIC BENEFIT” too
- Better …………Do the study first…. 9 months should be plenty
- Define the resources needed …. At least for the GOAL, but more for ADEQUATE Border Protection
- I defined ADEQUATE for Ms. Napolitano as :
- When INFLUX of illegals is LESS than EFFLUX….. or simply
When MORE are LEAVING than are Coming IN
[[ME...]]] Then…. Get it implemented within the next 12 months, with weekly “effectiveness” reports
We also need to have an effective way for employers to verify whether the people they hire are eligible to work here. This also has to be part of any immigration reform.
…………..separate issue……….more later…………