My platform -
1. Take a 50% pay cut.
2. Not be able to vote themselves a raise – ever.
3. Receive a 3% pay increase or the equivalent percentage pay increase that they bestow upon our military.
4. Have term limits initiated - if it's good enough for the president it's good enough for them!
5. Receive healthcare that the rest of America receives - if it's good enough for you it's good enough for them!
6. Receive a pension no greater than in E7 with 20 years of military service.
7. Create a colloquial English (plain language) synopsis of every bill. This synopsis must be easy to read, outlined, and understandable. The synopsis should be available on a specified website for a full 24 hours prior to any vote.
8. Read every word of every bill that is ever presented, in full, on the floor, with all members present prior to any vote. (No more passing something to find out what’s in it!)
My fellow Americans when I am voted into Congress I will donate 50% of my pay to charity until such time as #1 can be implemented. I will fight for pay raises for our military members, better care for our military families, and the proper treatment of the families of our fallen heroes. I will work to ensure that there are no homeless veterans on the streets of America, but rather veterans working to help other veterans with a hand up – not a handout.
When I'm elected into Congress I will push each and every one of these issues so that those sitting in seats of power will truly have the best in mind for their constituents – because after their term is up they will have to go back and live under the rules that they've implemented.
My fellow Americans it is time to bring America back to the people, back to the states, bring back the constitutionality of our system of government.
It is time to reduce the size of the federal government and put the power back in the hands of the states and the people.
Ken the non-politician politician.