Grassroots activists along with Washington State Gun Owners Action League were influential in beating back some of the proposed anti-Second Amendment legislation in the current legislative session.
For the battles ahead we must all remain active, and there is always room to improve and sharpen our skills. Michael Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign have become very active in our state in the larger push for anti-gun rights legislation. They’ve started a new group based in Seattle with deep pockets attempting to roll back the gains pro-Second Amendment activists have dedicated themselves to.
The first installment of our grassroots educational program will be held in Tacoma to educate concerned activists about the fight ahead. This will be a professional seminar featuring two successful campaign experts I have had the pleasure of working with in the past.
Being an effective activist is only the beginning of the battle. We must hold officials accountable to the voters who elected them. This is a unique three hour program to help maximize the effectiveness of citizen lobbyists.
We must continue to hold our ground in Washington State. Details on the event follow this message.
Please join me at this event and RSVP here: (Please click here to RSVP)
Second Amendment Foundation
Location: Pierce County Library 3005 112th St E., Room C Tacoma, WA 98446
- Second Amendment Foundation
- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
- Washington State Gun Owners Action League
- The Leadership Institute
Topics covered include the following:
- Understanding the System
- What is Legislation?
- Lay of the Land—The office of a Legislator
- Friend or Foe: Researching the Official
- Persuasive Communications
- Developing Your Message
- Basic Etiquette
- The Principles of Pleasure and Pain
- Traditional Citizen Lobbying
- Face-to-Face Meetings with Elected Officials
- Preparing for the Meeting
- New Generation Lobbying
- Flip-Cam Tracking
- Strategies for Effective Town hall meeting
- Using Social Media to Build Awareness
RSVP Online: (Please click here to RSVP)
Contact Phil Watson for more info: