ADMIN

8069009064?profile=RESIZE_710x

In a stunning move Wednesday, President Trump signed an executive order moving many “policy-making” federal employees to a new classification that removes their “civil service protections” going into effect just before inauguration in January.

The new order essentially moves certain executive branch “men and women in the Federal service employed in positions of a confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating character” to a new Classification F. This classification essentially moves these employees from union protections to “at-will” employees.

In the order, the President states, “Unfortunately, the Government’s current performance management is inadequate, as recognized by Federal workers themselves. For instance, the 2016 Merit Principles Survey reveals that less than a quarter of Federal employees believe their agency addresses poor performers effectively.”

“Separating employees who cannot or will not meet required performance standards is important, and it is particularly important with regard to employees in confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating positions. High performance by such employees can meaningfully enhance agency operations, while poor performance can significantly hinder them.

Senior agency officials report that poor performance by career employees in policy-relevant positions has resulted in long delays and substandard-quality work for important agency projects, such as drafting and issuing regulations.”

Critics of the order like American Federation of Government Employees National President Everett Kelley claim that the President is turning now protected federal employees into political “cronies.”

In a statement released Kelley claimed the executive order is “the most profound undermining of the civil service system in our lifetimes.”

read more here: https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/trump-signs-executive-order-changing-status-many-federal-employees

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I remember hearing that the days before Obama was thrown out that Clapper moved many Obama holdovers to civil service positions so Trump couldn't remove them. I beieve this is Trumps plan to throw them out as well. So by by all you Obama holdovers.

• "I remember hearing that the days before Obama was thrown out that Clapper moved many Obama holdovers to civil service positions so Trump couldn't remove them."

If so, then it can be said that these discharges from the body politick, would be Doctor Trumps cure for a dose of the Clapp.

or

These Clapper movements are to be flushed.

I am good with both descriptions.

Good riddance to the FBI and CIA directors. Perhaps vacation time at a federal facility is an upcoming reward they richly deserve.

• GOOD!!!  Next, let's eliminate UNION membership for ALL FedGov Employees!!!  Even FDR knew it was UNWISE to have Gov't worker unions negoriating with the Gov't for compensation, benefits and work rules!!!

• First time in my life that poor performing fed employees can be FIRED!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

• Something seems amiss. Although I completely agree with the intended result of civil service restructuring, my knowledge of contract labor agreements leads me wondering how executive management unilaterally refines contractually defined work status. Were bureaucracy management policy makers afforded priviledged use of rank and file labor benefits?

• If the unions are against it, then that's a HUGE sign that Trump is doing exactly the right thing! The Civil Service system took a MASSIVE turn to the Left when unions were allowed into it!

• I frankly stand with FDR when is stated that he absolutely opposed public sector unions, while praising private sector unions.

• Even the private sector fires you for not being PC. Plenty of companies are pushing the hiring of minorities to stop white priveledge. The EEO laws need to be reformed because those are the ones hurting merit. All it take is a group of liberal communists to accuse you of something and your done. It could be a complete lie and just revenge for doing the right thing. This Communist  idea of equal outcomes is what is killing work ethics. 

• When you are hired based on the color or your skin, sex or political affiliation instead of true qualifications this is what you get. When performance reviews are neutered to prevent hurting employee's feelins and promotions are based entirely on seniority not merit while raises are based on COLA you produce a lazy incompetant workforce. At least this is what I have observed in private industry. 

• Even when I was employed by our SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, I was shocked by the total mismanagement of Officers and civil employees because of the Union's.  It took nothing less than murder to have someone fired.  President Trump has done everyone a favor.  If a person can't do the job properly, they need to leave.  This policy should have a trickle down effect across all of these United States.  It will help states regain control from the Unions.

This reply was deleted.