Texas Sen. Ted Cruz met with President-elect Trump late Tuesday afternoon. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip, File)Texas Sen. Ted Cruz met with President-elect Trump late Tuesday afternoon, hours after the incoming Republican president convened a meeting of his top transition staffers to review key appointments he will need to make before his inauguration in mid-January.

"Sen. Cruz is pleased to have the opportunity to meet with President-elect Trump in New York today," Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said in a statement.

The Texas senator is not involved in Trump's transition operation, though Frazier said he is eager to assist the next administration with its goals of repealing Obamacare and pursuing "cost-effective, patient-centered health care reform," appointing conservative justices to the Supreme Court, enforcing immigration laws and passing legislation "that will create more good-paying jobs for the American people."

"On behalf of the 27 million Texans he represents, the senator looks forward to assisting the Trump administration in achieving these objectives," she said.

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-cruz-hold-surprise-meeting-...

Views: 592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cruz was a disappointment, but I understand very few know the Constitution and the Supreme Court the way he does.  An asset any president can use.

The two that I can think of is Rand Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano.  Actually, the Judge would be good on the Supreme Court.

Like I said, very few.

I also Trust Judge Napolitano . And Judge Pirro !! 

I liked Ted Cruz and backed him! But he showed me his true face at the Convention So I will always think of him as a RINO!! For a smart man That was not his Best Day!

What I want to know how did the Democrats turn Cruz in to a Useful Idiot? Or did he do it on his own?  

IMHO; Cruz has more than enough hubris to do it all on his own. But it also fits into the Left's narrative that all citizens of the United States at birth are Art. II §I Cl. 5 natural born citizens.

If Teddy is so knowledgeable on the intent of the Founders when they wrote the Constitution, why did he IGNORE them and run for POTUS since he was NOT eligible according to Article II?  Surely a "brilliant" constitutional lawyer like him MUST know the intent of the Founders?

No, Ted is NOT a good candidate for the SCOTUS as he violated Article II  by running for POTUS as did Ovomit and little Marco, all of whom are ineligible for identical reasons namely they are NOT natural born citizens as per the intent of the Founders.

Then there is the pesky fact that Ted's wife Heidi is a New World Order global elitist and member of CFR. WHile there she co-wrote a paper on dissolving our national sovereignty so they could form their precious north america union.  Heidi is therefore a TRAITOR and Ted knows it meaning he is GUILTY of Misprision of Treason by the law which he claims to know so well.

For doubters about Heidi's role in CFR and on the paper she supported, read this: https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/cruz-the-king-of...

Ted Cruz needs to head the house in Paul Ryan's place and work with the president. We need someone to take the senate. We need Gowdy as AG. We need the muslims out and the mosques torn down. Tare the mosques down and whoever objects cast out of the country. Our enemies are here, brought in by 0bama. We need to rid ourselves of the National Education Association and its grip on our children. Go back to reading the Bible and prayer in schools and any opening of governmental activity from national to state and the pledge of allegiance be respected. We need to put the ten commandments in every courthouse in the nation whether framed or in granit. We need to arrest all members of CAIR and ACLU then put them out of the country. We need to have a national week of prayer three times a year. We need the ending of abortions and have young mothers home to raise their kids and not work until they are of age. We need to mandate that they spare not the rod nor spoil the child. 

WE NEED A GOD CENTERED NATION WHO WELCOMES THOSE WHO ARE READY TO JOIN US IN THIS KIND OF NATION... WHO AGREE WITH THESE PRINCIPLES. All others are not invited.

Like Trump who said that he has never asked God for forgiveness because he's "never needed to"? God centered like that?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Cruz is a Senator - NOT a Representative; therefore, he isn't in a position to challenge ANYONE in the House, let alone Speaker Ryan.  We'll need a REAL Conservative Congressman/woman to undertake THAT important task!

President Elect Trump should make amends with Sen. Cruz and appoint him to the Supreme Court. You talk about uniting True Conservatives, this is a sure way of doing that. That would also take away much of the divide in the Senate and allow TX to appoint another Republican conservative in his place. 

Very few or any body knows the Constitution like Sen. Cruz and he would make a great Justice. 

Speaking of appointing conservative justices to the Supreme Court, I think I have found just the justice: Alabama Supreme Court Associate Justice Tom Parker 

Surely if Obama can appoint such partisan justices as Sotomayor and Kagan, Trump can do the same?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service