...it has ever been successfully achieved

( only 15 minutes long, 15 minutes well spent )

Views: 314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

she figured it out and acted on it.

'In America we don't worship government, we worship God'  

....be a blessing today

1 Samuel 8New International Version (NIV)

Israel Asks for a King

When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a] The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. 22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

civil liberties have been replaced by civil rights, religious liberty is being replaced by religious persecution and exclusion.

it's NOT the economy stupid - it's restoring liberty!

...be a blessing today

so, wonder how long until this monument gets condemned and removed??  at the recent pace it won't be long at all.

You tell us, they allways seem to have their way....don't they 9th

" Let's choose wisely."

last night I sat down and started flipping through the channels on tv. Didn't realize it was on the hour, whatever early hour it was - man, it's getting dark early ;' /. So, I was at the beginning of whatever I stopped on and decided it would be 'Lucifer' only because nothing else caught my eye and I was curious on what narrative they'd have in the plot.  Guess it shouldn't have been a surprise in these days that the narrative was --  Lucifer's just greatly misunderstood, he's really a great guy.

Image result for animated gif head shaking

You and I have our political differences, but every now and then you do have a pretty good thing to share. To bad the elite don't care, they have their agenda to complete.

I thought in the past I had posted something titled 'God vs. government', guess it was on another site - so I'm putting this here due to even though the words are a little different the message is similar;

Study: People Are Less Religious in Places with More Government

A study released this week found that fewer people adhered to religion in places where there are more government services available.

The Miami Herald reported Wednesday that psychology researchers from several American universities—including the Universities of Rochester, Virginia, and Utah—found that if governments provided services such as welfare, education, or health care, people were less likely to seek help from higher power.

“If the function that religiosity provides can be acquired from some other source, the allure of religion will diminish,” researchers from the study concluded.

The researchers said that the results held true not just in the U.S., but in countries around the world. They also found a “staggered” link between government services and how many people adhered to a religion, and cited research that showed more government services in a year foreshadowed “lower religiosity one to two years later.”

advertisement

“If a secular entity provides what people need, they will be less likely to seek help from God or other supernatural entities. Government is the most likely secular provider,” the researchers concluded. “We showed in two cross-sectional analyses, one using world countries and one using states in the United States, that better government services were related to lower levels of religiosity.”

The study authors said they pored through data from the World Bank, the U.S. Census, the World Fact Book, and Gallup to come up with their findings and measured government services through the gross domestic product (GDP) each state or country spent on social services such as health care and education.

“If the benefits acquired in the religious exchange can be acquired elsewhere, religion becomes less useful,” researchers wrote, adding that “the power and order emanating from God can be outsourced to the government.”

The lead study author, Miron Zuckerman, has conducted other studies linking a decline in religiosity to other factors. In a 2013 study, he found that the more intelligent people are, the less they adhere to a particular religion.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/20/study-people-les...

-----------------------------

my 2¢ = this is apparent to many of us, but I sometimes think it's not thought through to conclusion by most - due to the general acceptance of BIG government.... seemingly okay with the idea that government should rule over EVERY aspect of life. Isn't that demonstrating where faith lies? <-- I think so. In the context of this article faith in government services as our provider rather than God.  When it all gets boiled down that's what is at the core of it all - do you/we have faith in government (man's laws) or God and his laws? The two just aren't naturally compatible partners in sharing that faith.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Mike LesterPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

ALERT ALERT

New York's Green Light Law - Allows Illegal Aliens To Get Driver’s Licenses

New York passed a law to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses earlier this year but it was held up by challenges.

Now it is set to take effect this week.

In typical leftist fashion, supporters claim this is going to somehow make New York’s roads safer for everyone.

Could it really be about voting?

FOX News reports:

Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails.

Illegal immigrants in New York will able to obtain driver’s licenses starting next week after a last-minute legal challenge was dismissed — making it the 13th state to allow the practice, but one that critics say is unconstitutional.

The Green Light Law, signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this year, allows anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status and does not require a Social Security number.

Illegal immigrants can use a combination of documents that include a valid passport from a foreign country and a valid foreign driver’s license, as long as it has been expired for less than two years.

“After waiting 18 years to have their right to drive restored, thanks to our legislature, New York can now officially join 12 other states in making driver’s licenses legally available to all residents,” New York Immigration Coalition Executive Director Steve Choi said in a statement this week, arguing that it will make roads safer and the economy stronger.

County clerks in New York have concerns and are sounding an alarm.

CBS News in Albany reports:

County clerks concerned by loopholes in Green Light law.

Undocumented immigrants now have the green light to get a driver’s license in New York…but several county clerks in the Capital Region are concerned.

Saratoga County Clerk Craig Hayner said, “We found that everything we were concerned about as far as fraud and all sorts of other things are in that bill, in that regulation and we’re very concerned.”

Hayner tells CBS6’s Lynsey Smith there are a few loopholes in the Green Light Law.

Loopholes, such as a person coming in to get their license and not having to provide their social security number.

“That could lead to criminals coming from other states, coming in and use that as a way to defraud by just simply saying they don’t have a social security number…and that’s a very dangerous loophole,” replied Hayner.

Does anyone believe this is going to make New York safer or that this is really about driving?

Delusional Democrats

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service