Gowdy: Hillary Clinton 'Certainly Not the Central Focus' of Committee's Investigation

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) says former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is "certainly not the central focus" of the investigation being conducted by the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

"Oh, heavens no," he said on Sunday's "Meet the Press," after host Chuck Todd asked him if Hillary was "the main focus" of the committee's investigation.

"I think it was a Wall Street Journal reporter that went and looked at our three previous hearings and I mentioned her name a whopping zero times. So she is a very important part of understanding what happened in Libya and Benghazi, but, Chuck, we're scheduled to interview 50 witnesses between now and the conclusion. So she would be 1/50 of that. 

"Her documents out of 45,000 that we're reviewing would be a small subset. She's very important. But she is by no means -- she is not even a -- she's not even a central focus. She is certainly not the central focus."

Gowdy, the committee chairman, said "we would very much like to talk to General (David) Petraeus," who was CIA director at the time of the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Gowdy said the committee has not yet scheduled an appearance by Petraeus, "but clearly he's someone else we need to talk to if we want to understand fully what happened before, during and after Benghazi."

read more:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/gowdy-hillary-clinton-c...

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And we need to hold accountable in the most worst way with NO MERCY for those that continue to obstruct law. These people are a National Security Threat. Meaning.....when you place those with continuing criminal acts right before our eyes, and nothing is done about it, then we will have to line those criminals up in a firing squad. How else do you make and example of Traitors or Domestic Enemies as those in DC?

talk to Boehner too.  I am sure he knew about the arms running to our enemies!!!!!

Hoorah for the committee , Hillery is just one aboard the sinking ship. Go REP. TREY GOWDY and the rest of your committee , Clean that house ....

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service