GOP Outraged After Discovering VA Employees Spent 1.1 Million Hours on Taxpayer-Funded Union Activities

Image result for VA corruptionHouse Republicans berated the Department of Veterans Affairs on Thursday for allowing hundreds of employees to devote all their taxpayer-funded work hours to union activities instead of helping veterans.

VA records reveal that 290,000 employees spent around 1.1 million hours on union affairs in fiscal year 2015, with 346 of those employees devoting all of their hours to official time, the Daily Caller reported Friday.

Official time is, according to the Office of Personnel Management, "paid time off from assigned government duties to represent a union or its bargaining unit employees," for which taxpayers foot the bill.

This discovery led Republicans and some Democrats on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Government Operations to demand that the VA provide a full account of how official time is spent at the VA.

The issue arose after a recent report from the Government Accountability Office showed that the VA does not have a standardized method of tracking hours and attendance. The department uses two different systems to record and calculate work hours and it has not properly trained employees on how to use them.

read more:

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gop-outraged-after-discovering-va-empl...

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These people need to be fired and they arrested.  This is unreal that one agency could do so little for anyone let alone the Vets.  A total disgrace.

As a disabled Veteran who uses the VA since I got out of Vietnam, I can TRULY SAY that the PROBLEMS lie NOT with the CARE GIVERS at the VA Facilities so much, but with the APPOINTEE Bureaucrats who serve at the PLEASURE of the "Incumbent Political Party" who cause a major "Cluster F**k" throughout the System when after 4 or 8 years, the entire VA Bureaucratic milieu goes out the window and a new group of "SELF STARTERS" from another  Political Party takes over and another "Cluster F**k begins. This procedure has come and gone on for decades and is why things are so screwed up !!!! VETERANS are merely the PAWNS of Social Medical Experiments every few years, and we just hope against hope that one day they might get things right for a change. I hope TRUMP can fix things, He has done well so far !!!!

You must have read the book. 

Suzan

And what about the money the OScumGags spent on European vacations and at Martha's Vineyard.

The Treasury should get a rebate for all of the above.  Confiscate overseas bank accounts.

This reminds me of Rome burning while the leadership fiddle away. Now we have McCain doing the same while Arizona suffers from the influx of illegal migrants. For thirty years this man has done nothing for his home state. But he can find time to travel to Europe and bad mouth our President. He has been a Trump hater from the start after his lost in his president election bid and now he sees Thump get the job he wanted so badly. It is a shame that these people put themselves ahead of their country. We the people have spoken so get a life you lost get over it. He should clean the VA up instead of badmouthing our President Trump. Do something right for a change.    

McCains's bitter envy, and jealousy seem to have totally unhinged him even more.  Arizona has serious problems, and this braying Jackass is blaming Trump, and announcing Overseas that America is in disarray, how the hell would he know?    He's done nothing but make the Liberals happy for years, with his big, dumb mouth.   The Anti-American, old SOB goes against any ideas of unity, and needs to be retired.

Misappropriation of government funds comes to mind... a criminal act needs a criminal investigation.

Usually the way to solve problems is to identify the problems, don't get them confused with symptoms  and look for solutions. I've read that the most serious issue is that people eligible to use VA facilities can't get timely appointments, but isn't that a symptom of something else, like financial incentives to cheat in scheduling? 

As for unions, they usually start as a symptom of bad management.  As far as I am concerned "service" unions should be banned  from the government sector, and we need legislation to make it easier to fire civil and federal service employees. We would be better off if unions were only formed as needed and disbanded as soon as they achieve their goald

Get rid of the unions.

I have NEVER thought unions should be allowed in the public sector! There is no place for them where the tax payer pays for their salaries PERIOD! Collective bargaining in direct opposition to the tax payers wallet makes me REALLY PISSED! That is MY money NOT the union goons!

public service employee unions need to be done away with.  Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who did more for unions than anyone, was totally against public service unions.  Private sector union employees are fine as they are accountable if a business fails.  Public service unions are accountable to no one and are corrupt by nature.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service