Candidate Votes For Himself, Machine Casts Vote For Opponent Instead

Dsc-0512

SCHAUMBURG, IL – Admitting his confidence in Cook County ballot integrity is shaken, State Representative Candidate Jim Moynihan (R-56), was shocked today when he tried to cast a vote for himself and the voting machine cast it for his opponent instead.

“While early voting at the Schaumburg Public Library today, I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” said Moynihan. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat."

While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race. It is unknown if the machine in question (#008958) has been removed from service or is still in operation.

read more here: http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/10/cook-count...

Views: 748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From the Netherlands-Nederland- Greetings,, here in my country  if we have to vote for the Parliement we always do it on paper because we do not trust the voting machines,may be ola fashend but there cannot be any mistakes.The only thing all these paper has to be counted by hand!

We here had the voting machines but we did not trust them.

With lots of wishes for good health  and blessings from The Duch Man Bob de Boer

This same thing happened to me and my wife in Kansas during 2012 Presidential race. Took the staff three times for our vote to supposedly vote for Romney but I wonder how many times it went unnoticed ???

Enough, obviously...

take phone picture of result after voting?  if everyone did so (Republicans, I assume) and emailed those photos to a precinct official...  could the pictures not prove if necessary the actual outcome?  It would probably be yelled down as "not official" but at least it would stop them dead in their tracks on the scheme.

When I said this happened for both the 2008 & 2012 elections, I was laughed at and told I was just looking for conspiracies. I also said many people were voting several times, ballots were cast by dead people and finally...... Illegal aliens were voting ( they brag about doing that here in AZ). So far, all those things have been proven to be true. I just mailed in my Early Vote, and that is what we need to go back to...filling in your vote with a Black majic marker. If you screw it up, and don't Mark your vote clearly, then it's thrown out. It has been obvious for a long time that the voting machines are not trustworthy. And HOW does it happen that "there is a calibration problem" always in favor of the democratic candidate? This is the only way to make elections valid, throw out the voting machines.

Lewana,

"...voting machines are not trustworthy."

Well, not really so...  They are reliable, but those who PROGRAM them are not.  Like ANY computer, they do what they are programed to do.  It might not be what is expected, but somewhere along the line SOMEONE 'TOLD' it to do what it did.  

I still think that we shold go back entirely to PAPER BALOTS, and multiple counters!  Florida's 'hanging chad' stopped paper balots.  They MUST be re-started.  Black 'magic markers' are MUCH BETTER than punched cards.  All of the things that make for faster counting can be traced back to the 'media', who want all the results IN by the 11:00 O'Clock News!  Fooey on them!  Acurate REAL count is more important than speed.  Democrats don't think so, but FOOEY on them, too!

this is why Harry Reid is so bold about "he will stay leader" regardless of whether the Dems hold Congress or not.  And where was it originated, "the house always wins"?  (So say the Republicans in NV, at least... connections!  Ah, how some gain power and keep it.)

To all members of the Tea Party:

There is going to be a meeting in Congress the first of November regarding Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

WE NEED TO GET MARINE SGT. ANDREW TAHMOORESSI OUT OF THAT MEXICAN PRISON. The only way we can help is to annoy the volunteers manning the telephone lines of our elected representatives so they will actually express our demands. There must be volume and consistency of calls - and we need a thousand calls to be made weekly.

The Sergeant has no place to exercise. He tried jumping in place and fell and broke his arm. He has post traumatic stress disorder. He is scared and he is ignored by his Commander In Chief. His mother sent a petition with over 100,000 signatures demanding the idiot in the White House call the President of Mexico and negotiate Andrew’s release. The idiot in the White House sent Mrs. Tahmooressi A FORM LETTER! I was read that stupid form letter by an intern at the office of Scott Peters.

Only if YOU CALL AND DEMAND HIS RELEASE will it happen. Tie up the phone lines. We need to make 1000 calls a week. So far, 3 of you have agreed to call. I will call now twice a week, for that means we need another 995 of you calling weekly! Please think of this brave Marine as your son and make these calls. It might be best if you called your own Congressmen. I mentioned CA because I live in CA. Aren’t our CA representatives a miserable bunch!!!!

President Obama:  (202) 456-1111
Senator Barbara Boxer:  (202) 224-3553
Senator Dianne Feinstein:  (202) 224-3841
Representative of CA District 52, Scott Peters:  (202) 225-0508 (I told his representative that Scott was going to lose this coming close election because he is the closest to the border and he has done nothing that We The People want done - which is to represent our military.)
Running AGAINST Scott Peters is Carl DeMaio:  (619) 786-8019. (I left a message as he does not have enough clout/money to have an intern. I said that if Carl would spend this coming election day standing at attention in honor of our Marine in Mexico, outside the prison in Mexico, with Greta from Fox News, he would swing the election. That is all he has to do. Go there and mean business.)
Gov. Jerry Brown:  (916) 445-2841. As a governor, Brown welcomed the President of Mexico and promised to take more illegal children into our state. He did not mention one word about the welfare or release of the finest of Americans, Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

2 of 880

Why this ad?
VA Home Loans For Vets - www.veteransunited.com - Get Your VA Home Loan With $0 Down & Up To $417K- PreQualify in 2 Mins
Print all
In new window

Responding to your message

Inbox
x

Representative Dan Benishek

1:02 PM (1 hour ago)
to me
https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/Customers/MI01DB/Benish..." width="811" height="139" class="CToWUd"/>

October 27, 2014

Dear Ms. Janice M. Thompson,

Thank you for making the effort to communicate with me regarding U.S. Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi. I appreciate the opportunity to learn your views.

As you may know, Sgt. Tahmooressi was detained on March 31, 2014, after getting lost near the U.S.-Mexico border near San Ysidro, California, and crossing into Mexico. Mexican border authorities found three firearms in his vehicle, which are illegal in that country due to strict gun control laws. Sgt. Tahmooressi could face a sentence of 21 years for illegally importing a firearm into that country if found guilty.

While Sgt. Tahmooressi is subject to the laws of a foreign country, myself and many other Americans are concerned regarding his wellbeing.  That is why I recently signed onto H. Res. 620, a resolution "expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Government of Mexico should immediately release United States Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi and provide for his swift return to the United States so Sgt. Tahmooressi can receive the appropriate medical assistance for his medical condition."  This measure has been referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. 

Please know that I will continue to work with my colleagues to call for his release, and will keep in mind your comments should H. Res. 620 or other relevant legislation concerning Sgt. Tahmooressi come before the floor of the House.

The privilege of representing you in Washington is one that I take very seriously. It is my hope that you will continue to contact me regarding any issue of importance to you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at (202) 225-4735, or by email at www.benishek.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Dan Benishek M. D.

Member of Congress

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/Customers/MI01DB/iqtrk...." height="0" width="0" class="CToWUd"/>

After reading this, I started to remember a Voting machine that changed on me, and I saw it before I push the last button. I went back and reset my vote and it did it again, so I went back and rest a third time and it stayed on my vote! Smart Most people that notice the vote change would go back and try once and then call for help. With help it does what you wanted Third time No fuss made. Machine stays. They are counting on those people that don't check their vote and just push that last button!

For the rest of us! Maybe I made a mistake I wasn't the machine!! With the help from the nice lady it worked!! 

I'm opening my mouth because My eyes can see clearly now!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

“And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! “And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! Jim Jordan Rips To Shreds Schiff’s Star Witness Anti-Trumper Ambassador Taylor 

BOOM! Jim Jordan just destroyed Schiff’s star witness Ambassador Taylor.

“I’ve seen church prayer chains that are easier to understand than this!” — Rep. Jim Jordan.

OMG! SOOOOOO GOOD!

Jim Jordan got Ambassador Taylor to admit that everything he has said in his testimony is based on second-hand, third-hand and fourth-hand information!

Jordan Sounds Off

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service