Air Force Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin out over sexual assault decisions

Did this quote put him in Obama's crosshairs?

An Air Force general at the center of criticism of the military’s sexual assault policies is stepping down as the Pentagon works to clean up its ranks under the close watch of President Barack Obama and Congress.

Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin will step down at the end of the month from his post as the commander of the Third Air Force amid questions that he’s mishandled prosecutions in two sexual assault cases.

In the most high-profile case, Franklin last spring overturned the jury conviction and sentence of a fighter pilot. His decision prompted an outcry from lawmakers who said he was protecting one of his men and led to major legislative changes to the military’s World War II-era justice system.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/air-force-sexual-assault-crai...

Views: 1283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Duck Dynasty was a hollow victory... if at all.  There was no apology, no repercussions for A&E's management and every Christian who doesn't have the notoriety and public persona of Mr. Robertson must remain fearful of being suspended or fired for speaking their mind.

For this to have been a victory... the CEO of A&E should have resigned or been fired; that is the standard for any conservative who would act so impulsively and rashly.  The  Christian and conservative are so starved for real victory they are willing to label a 'defeat' victory.  All the publicity and trouble that Mr. Robertson had to endure will put a real damper on those Christians who can ill afford to loose their jobs for such speech... in the hope, that they can get their employer to recant latter on. 

Hardly a victory. Wake up, stop with grasping at straws and demand real victory... the A&E CEO should resign and Mr. Robertson should have told A&E that he would not return until she did... he dodged his responsibility to the millions who do not have his persona too bring a real victory to our camp. This could have all been staged as a publicity stunt for all the actual good it did too extend freedom of speech to the Christian community at large.

Mr. Nelson,

It is better than nothing and it shows that Christians aren't afraid to speak up. It was a great victory. I take your comment as negative and counter-productive. It is one of the reasons I have disappeared from this sight. There are plenty of us Christian patriot's who aren't afraid to speak up. I am young in comparison to many on here. I know plenty of people in my generation who will speak out and do. Our kids are being taught to do the same. We basically aren't afraid to tell obama and co. to F off. Go ahead and come and take it. 

That is the opinion of thousands of people in my community. I have met numerous people at the hunting department and other like minded places that feel the same. I am not speaking from my a$$. I have met people of all ages. People who have moved here(Texas) from other states becasue their state has become an obama supporting thug state so they moved here.

It is your right to post what you feel. But I think it is very negative. This country is not doomed. Like an 84 year old Veteran from our local VFW stated:"We will win in the end. This administration will pass and we will be victorious in our fight." He can not stand obama. He has served in Korea and 6 times in Nam. He has to contain what he really wants to say because their are children in the room and he has to keep it PG. 

Have a good day, sir.

Like I said we will take anything as a victory... that is dangerous.  The Jews did the same thing under Hitler... constantly finding a victory (or the positive in anything) as they were put out of their homes and then sent to the death camps... no, they kept believing everything would work out and that no government would ever attempt to murder an entire race... let alone confiscate their property and put them in forced labor camps.

I don't see a victory when the other side paid no price at all... in fact, the publicity will probably drive up viewers for A&E.  The fact is that the little man will look at what happened and wonder how he can fight his employer if he is suspended.  With jobs being so critical most will simply want to avoid any chance of being laid off or suspended for expressing their views.  That is not a victory no matter how you paint it.

Call it negative... as it is negative.  There is no victory  where religious speech remains questionable and oppressed.  Join the denial and be like the Jews under Hitler... that my friend is more dangerous than addressing reality.

Mr. Nelson,

It is a victory.The opposite result would have been more empowering to the left. The fact that A & E put him back on, shows that Christians do have power to stop these idiots. Duck Dynasty is just the beginning of many more to come. 

No one I know is in denial. We are completely aware of what is happening. I have never seen a time in this country when people openly discuss politics. That is supposed to be a big no-no.  Now it is the main subject when I talk with my friends and acquaintances.

We start off trying our best not to bring it up. However, it always comes out. I have made more friends everywhere I go by making remarks about what is going on. There is NO DENIAL. We are simply not afraid or willing to give up our freedoms. We will, if necessary do what our Founding Fathers had to do. That is the opinion of many. Obama has no problem attacking us publicly. We have no problem saying what we will do if that is how they want it.  

I think 2014 is our year to peacefully take back our country. The stage is set. As one of my Tai Chi students and very devout Christians puts it:"I have to remind myself when I get upset of who really sits on the Throne. God! God is in charge. Let him do his work and pray." We get in trouble with his wife when we bring up obama because we start feeding off each other. She says she agrees with us but she doesn't come to Tai Chi for politics. She comes to relax. They are in their 60's. I am in my 40's. 

I hope I have helped you with your outlook of where we are headed. The country is safe. We shall win this fight. More and more people are waking up. Have a good day, sir.

A hollow victory is how I see it.  I would also suggest that many, not all, are in denial.  I was speaking to the nation in general, not the informed or those who frequent websites like this one.  Most people live pay check to pay check and will not risk being laid off or fired for speaking out against gays... This event simply demonstrated that even the high and mighty can be suspended and only thru the power of their persona... reinstated.

The suspension of Mr. Roberts highlights the risk one must take for standing up to the Gay agenda... since, no one on the left suffered any REAL PENALTY it will encourage them to continue with their attacks on those who speak out against their life style.  That is not a victory. 

As for the hollow victory that Mr. Robertson achieved... his reinstatement without an apology, acknowledgement, or punitive action by A&E against its CEO,  is no victory.  In fact, I see A&E winning. They achieved more publicity of their network and the show goes on. Too, find victory where none exist is a form of denial.

OK. You have your opinion. I have mine. We will see what happens.

God is on the throne... and He has warned us of what must transpire in the latter days.  However, we must first understand and believe God's Word.  The world is in a state of decay... sin has wrecked havoc upon the house of man and his dominion in the earth.  We are witnessing the final days and as such we must not DENY God's plan and message for the end time.

Will we recover in America... doubtful at best. Only if God relents and turns back the hands of time too provide us space for repentance, will the coming events be delayed.  Judgment is upon the house of man and it is only a matter of time before the world is caught in the throngs of an inferno... The Christian is to rejoice at the signs of the times knowing God is finally bringing all things into judgment... whether they be unto righteousness or unrighteous, whether unto life or the second death.

The world and all that is therein is under judgment... the time of sorrows is upon us and the latter rain has fallen.  Life in the earth will only become more difficult as Satan and his allies wreck havoc knowing their days are shortened. Will the righteous suffer under such oppression... God forbid as the righteous are not reserved for God's wrath... our hope is from above.  Look up for in clouds of glory we shall be caught up to be with the Lord for ever. That is our hope in glory and the peace by which we must abide in... our faith shall preserve us unto the end.

Strong arguments Col.

What action do you recommend

Robertson should decline the offer to return...tell A&E that their actions were despicable and an affront to EVERY CHRISTIAN and moral American; that he will not return, until they make a formal apology to all Christians, AND FIRE THE CEO who created this problem, by siding with immorality.

If A&E refused to meet these terms ...  he should leave and file a law suite against A&E for violating his civil rights: to wit, the free exercise of his religion and the right to express his religious views without threat of punitive action by an employer.

I agree.

But his action, if completed, will inflict more damage sooner than any long drawn out law suits

The law suit would simply be icing on the cake... a way to ensure that A&E understood the seriousness of the issue.  We must hold such conduct accountable... and if they would not fire the CEO a law suite would and Robertson's leaving would be the only way to inflict such accountability.

Col,

I hear rumors that Robertson will start his own production company and leave A&E.

Is that what the Military calls re-grouping ?

Also, I had a hardy laugh at the post that proclaimed

A&E got DUCKED!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Steve Breen

ALERT ALERT

YUP: President Trump Signs Great And Beautiful Trump Border Wall During Tour In San Diego

Embedded video

President Donald Trump visited the San Diego border on Wednesday to show off a newly constructed portion of the wall after a fundraising trip in California.

“It’s an amazing project,” Trump said, pointing to the 30-foot high barrier constructed with steel and concrete, noting that it also went six feet underground.

“If you think you’re going to cut it with a blow torch, that doesn’t work, because you hit the concrete, and then if you think you’re going to go through the concrete, that doesn’t work because we have very powerful rebar inside,” Trump said.

The president traveled via motorcade after a fundraiser to Otay Mesa, a community outside San Diego on the United States -Mexico border to review the latest constructed physical barrier.

He pointed out the new wall structure to the press, which was 24 miles of primary and secondary wall at the border.

“We have it covered underground, we have it covered overground,” Trump said.

The president was joined by acting Department of Homeland security Kevin McAllen and several other border security officials.

He said that over 44,000 bollard panels had been set up for the wall, which was then filled with concrete and rebar.

Trump admitted that he envisioned a solid concrete wall when he campaigned for president, but he was told by border officials that they preferred a wall constructed by concrete-filled bollards so they could see through it.

“It’s hardened concrete, very powerful concrete,” Trump said, pointing to the structure.

He added that the steel wall was designed to retain heat, making it harder to climb, plus having an anti-climbing system at the top.

“You can fry an egg on that wall,” he said. The president also acknowledged to reporters that he wanted the wall to be painted black and have spikes but said it was cheaper to let it remain naturally rust-colored.

“We can paint it later,” he said.

The president discussed his growing understanding of border barriers, noting that the Southern border would not need much more than 500 miles of wall to secure the border. He cited the existence of natural mountain and river barriers that prevented criminals from crossing. He did not rule out building additional barriers in the future but said it would depend on whether it was needed.

One border patrol agent spoke about the importance of the border wall to all of the agents, thanking the president for pushing forward on construction.

Trump said he met with Border Patrol prior to constructing the wall, picking the most effective structures to protect the border.

One border security official scoffed at the idea that the wall was a “vanity” project for the president.

“There’s a false narrative out there that this wall is the president’s vanity wall,” he said. “I’m here to tell you right now that that is false.”

He thanked Trump for listening to border patrol agents during the planning and construction process.

“You listened to the agents and you gave them exactly what they asked for,” he said.

One official with Trump confirmed that the structure was funded with regular Congressional appropriations in the FY 2017 and FY 2018 and that that the new wall replaced an inferior structure.

Trump said that he still considered the situation on the border a national emergency, but as more wall went up he could withdraw military forces.

“I hope you’re impressed,” he told reporters as he took questions about the project.

One worker told Trump of a tradition of workers signing the wall if they worked on the wall.

“I’ll sign it,” Trump said, and went to the wall and signed the steel barrier with a marker before encouraging other officials present to do the same.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service