Replies

• Good morning everyone, how can we expect as any Conservative or Tea Party group to beat the other side (which should be our focus) when we fight with such vigor against those within our own ranks?  Most here, I would assume are Christians, yet in the last 48 hours the things I either read (haven't read everything yet, because I am self employed and married and we also have prayer time. To assume the other person is this or that should be an embarrassment as a Christian making assusitory statements, look I do not KNOW any of your backgrounds, NOR do you KNOW mine, so shut up and quit making statemenets that you actually know nothing about, yet make with the utmost of Spiritual arrogance. Trust me, I also have a library at home, with a great breath of books regarding my Faith the good and the bad folks that have been a part of it from 2,000 years ago! As a Catholic, KNOW that I am deeply troubled with the current Pope, but that does not change the Biblical and historic proof that Jesus CHrist started the Catholic Church from a ton of both Scriptural, Catholic and Non Catholic sources, then adding to that close to 1,000 ministers from every denomination, that went to Protestant Seminary, converting to Catholicism. This spirited Conversation has encouraged me to consider further areas research as I hope I have encouraged you as well. Aren't we ALL on the same side fighting those that are destroying our Country? I have participated in Tea Party groups since 2009 and when I moved to AZ in 2011 became involved in other groups there. Working with various groups during the hurricanes in Houston and Florida a few years ago. Please if you consider yourself any type of Christian and continue to assume and accuse others of this or that, STOP you are the one that is a bad reflection of who YOU are supposed to be! Don't talk it, LIVE IT! There are about 17 posts to me I haven't even gotten to yet, I have a God, and about 7,000 customers and a wife that have priority..

• First how do you define Christian? secondly you should not assume anything I have lived a long time and that lesson was one I learned a long time ago. I deal in fact not fiction and I am pretty sure Christ was pretty accusatory. Nice word by the way. And forgive me if I err, stating a factual statement and quoting scripture is arrogance? Enlighten me on that one. And if Christ started the catholic church, please show me where he told the apostle to do that. And questioning who is and who isn't a Christian and not questioning someone’s beliefs makes me a bad Christian, how so?

Oh, and by the way Satan has millions that he calls ministers too.

• Nemisis commented on Admin Melony B. DeFord's topic "The Pope and his Chief of Staff under investigation for embezzlement of $300 million plus" on Tea Party Command Center

First how do you define Christian?
      1. Definition of Christianity. 1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies. 2 : conformity to the Christian religion. 3 : the practice of Christianity.

secondly you should not assume anything 2.(I am not assuming anything at 68 years old)
      I have lived a long time and that lesson was one I learned a long time ago. I deal in fact not fiction and I am pretty sure Christ was pretty accusatory. 3. I totally agree with you!
      Nice word by the way. And forgive me if I err, stating a factual statement and quoting scripture is arrogance? 4. I have been doing the exact same and I have about 12 different versions of the Bible here, so most likely, I have one that you have.
      Enlighten me on that one. 5. Please be specific
      And if Christ started the catholic church, please show me where he told the apostle to do that. 6. Absolutely, do you have the Book of Matthew? Matthew 16:18-19 JESUS SAYS "And I tell you, you are Peter and on this Rock. I will build MY CHURCH And the Gates of hades shall not prevail against it.(footnotes-Christ changed Simon's name to Peter,"Rock", and established him as the Rock upon which HIS Church would be built (Peters name is listed 195 times more then all of the others combined. There are also about 16 verses pertaining to the Primacy of Peter with about half of them in ACTS.
      And questioning who is and who isn't a Christian and not questioning someone’s beliefs makes me a bad Christian, how so? 7.7. If one knows Nothing about another person they should not judge, because they do not know!
      Oh, and by the way Satan has millions that he calls ministers too.8. Is that why there are thousands of Protestant denominations because they can not even agree with each other because of their pride?
      May God richly Bless you,
      Matthew
       To view the new comment, visit:

• I did not ask to define christianity, I asked to define Christian.

The religions you mention were all based on the false Pauline doctorin, not Christian thought.

You stated that "I have been doing the exact same and I have about 12 different versions of the Bible here, so most likely, I have one that you have." All are basesd and still contain all the doctorine of Paul a false apostle, why would you believe it?

So, was the church built on the rock of simon peter or The false apostle Paul?

Concerning Judging: Did not God give you a brain to decerne what it right and what is wrong. Do you not think that God wont hold you accountable for not seeing what is wrong and doing nothing about it? I judge what God has already Judged to be evil. So, it is not my Judgment but Gods, I just let people know it and will not hide my face from it.

And on your last statement, no, not from pride but being mislead.

And may God bless you also, brother.

• Look folks this is all academic (yeah, coming from me). I know this hurts some to hear, but I will say it. The current Pope is a jesuit. Usually they serve the Pope as his religious lawyers, whispering into his ear, and advising him to take an actions he suspects he should not do.

Good luck with this thread 'cause like Moses I am departing.

• All this will drive me to drinking or smoking something! 
      Jesus was a Jew, a practicing Jew, I never saw anything that said he intended to start a "church" and leave the Jewish temple.

if someone wants to call the site of the last supper a church, be it! Lots of people pray in their homes and don't have a church building, they call wherever they pray a church.......be it! Christianity evolved, developed through time, through the followers of Jesus, can we stop arguing who has the real religion, the best interpretation of what Christ preached, who built the very first church, who deciphered the Bible correctly and understands it clearly, and most of all who is a greater believer while in the process knocking everyone who isn't doing it just right!
      I greatly doubt God cares if you are Catholic, Lutheran, Babtist, etc, probably laughs or perhaps concerned at these silly attempts to argue who is correct. Religion is a mystery, we "know" nothing, we may think we know, but will not find out until we die. 

• Please don't indulge in bad habits there are hard to break. That being said, Christ was a Jew, but he was outside the Jewish temple because they had lost the meaning of the law of Moses. He came here to show them and others the true meaning of Tora and that it exists in them and not in the books and practices they kept. Following Jesus instructions, the apostles were to convey these teaching to all they meet. They were not the teachers only informers of Christ. There followers started calling themselves Christian because they followed his teachings and wanted to emulate his life. Therfore the term Christian (being Christ like) came about. They lived separate from other non-converted Jews and gentiles. James was the first Pope in Jerusalem, Christ instructed us all to go to him for clarification of any teaching not clear or defined. It was the false apostle Paul who led the church (which is the body of Christ, not a building) astray with his teaching. The catholic church, because they included his books, of which are twelve, were canonized in the so called bible was and is corrupt from the vary beginning. To say Christ is a religion would be an incorrect understanding of his teaching. Don't believe what anyone else tells you who or what God or Christ is, read his words only. The book of Timothy and the 4 gospels are all true document in this effort. The lord tells us that he knows all of what is his, and that his know him. If you received a letter from your birth father, you would recognize that it was from him, right? it’s the same with God and Christ, If you feel that what you are reading is from God, because you know what is acceptable to him and is what he is then you will understand it and know it is from him. If you start to read only what Christ teaches and understand it you will not die. Then maybe go beyound that to the other Apocrypha to deapen your understanding.

Christ never wanted the body to be separated in the factions you see today. This was caused by man’s construction of religion in order to control the masses and money. And it is the creator that is a mystery, but he tells you how to understand him if you listen. Follow the commandments and you will never go wrong. Just remember Christ enhanced them, so you must understand them also. God bless you in your understanding.

• If I received a letter from my birth father I never met, I'm not sure I would recognize that it was truly him....my birth father. Since I knew my father 's hand writing, I most certainly would know if it was from him, and his letter would sound familiar to me, because I knew how he spoke, he was there, I saw him, touched him, I heard his voice. We are not speaking of science with proof, this is all about faith!

"but he was outside the Jewish temple because they had lost the meaning of the law of Moses." he was not trying to teach them a different religion, in fact he was trying to get them to be true to what Moses was teaching.......still Jewish. I don't believe I said Christ is a religion, nor would I say he founded a religion, he simply wanted the Jews to follow properly, not to change or alter, to understand the true meaning that was already there within their faith.

"Christ never wanted the body to be separated in the factions you see today." I believe that, but it also means he never wanted a different temple/church, just the believers to stick to what Moses was teaching. Hmmmmmm what does that say about Christianity, any of it, Catholic, Protestant, Babtist, Lutheran? Just saying! Most of them broke from the Catholics because they didn't agree with some of their teachings. Sort of like the Amish broke from the Mennonites because they were modernizing, using ectricity, driving cars, wearing prints! Which one of them will go to heaven.....they both follow Christ, consider themselves christians, and try to live by the commandments.

"Follow the commandments and you will never go wrong." I believe that too, but the commandments came through Moses who was a Jew, and are the bases, the foundation of Judaism, it's the Old Testament.......the Torah.

I have never found a Christian religion that isn't tweaked in their own favor in some way. There are questionables in them all, and perhaps it isn't  the differences, rather what they all have in common that matters......and perhaps that's what matters to God, perhaps that's the reason Christ was on earth, to bring us closer, to give us something in common, maybe he doesn't care what they call themselves, what path each takes, but the common beginning.

Some day we'll all know, until then we question, wonder, discuss.

Blessings to you also my friend!

• 1. You stated that, "If I received a letter from my birth father I never met, I'm not sure I would recognize that it was truly him....my birth father". I was raised by a single mother who raised 5 boys, one severely handicapped, and who passed away at 7. It wasn't until I accepted him (Christ) that I recognized my Father. I felt it in my heart and soul, and I will never deny him. So, when I see a statement like "Love one another as you love yourself" I know that it is from my father.
      2. You said, "We are not speaking of science with proof, this is all about faith!" No, it is not, I am sorry to dispute this view, but Science proves the existence of God. What is faith is weather you believe you are his in the first place.
      3. You stated, "but it also means he never wanted a different temple/church, just the believers to stick to what Moses was teaching. Hmmmmmm what does that say about Christianity, any of it, Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Lutheran? Just saying! Most of them broke from the Catholics because they didn't agree with some of their teachings. Sort of like the Amish broke from the Mennonites because they were modernizing, using electricity, driving cars, wearing prints! Which one of them will go to heaven.... they both follow Christ, consider themselves Christians, and try to live by the commandments. True but christ said" when two come together and pray then they are in church, and the holy spirit is with them. We are the body of Christ together we make the church. A building is just a building if there are no people in it. You also stated that," but the commandments came through Moses who was a Jew, and are the bases, the foundation of Judaism, it's the Old Testament.......the Torah." True, but, Christ expanded on the commandments, example: "If one lust after a woman in your heart you have already committed adultery", not just the act of having sex out of marriage, as the original commandments dictate. This makes it (the law) distinctly Christian. The reason for the break in the church was not that they had different faith in God, but that they realized that the Pauline doctrine was corrupt from the very beginning and have attempted to correct it. But until they discard the 12 books of Paul then they will continue to be fooled and the division will continue. Christ said, "I did not come here to destroy the law, but to fulfill prophecy. You said, “perhaps that's the reason Christ was on earth, to bring us closer, to give us something in common, maybe he doesn't care what they call themselves, what path each takes, but the common beginning." Nice thought but, not so, "He also said that he came to put a sword against us" Meaning that if you chose to follow him you will be rejected by the world so be prepared to suffer for your belief. Satan does not want his to go back to God, and he will punish you for doing so. He definantly cares what path you follow or he would not of given us the instruction given to the apostles. Remember that in the beggining was the word and the word was with God. We all have a common beggining.

Blessings to you also.

• With all do respect I don't have the  time to get into these long discussions with you. 

This reply was deleted.