ADMIN

Let's Go Brandon Still Going Strong - Coal Region Canary

Cafeterias in K-12 schools across the country have reportedly faced depleted food supplies and labor shortages because of the coronavirus pandemic, leading some school districts to consider a return to remote learning rather than forcing students to go hungry.

An AL.com story on Monday said Alabama's education department reported every school district in the state is suffering from food and cafeteria workforce shortages. Other school districts throughout the country have faced the same problem, and federal agencies have scrambled to offer assistance.

The reasons cited for the shortages are pandemic-related. Cafeteria workers miss work after becoming sick with COVID-19 or because they're quarantining after being exposed to the virus. At the same time, truck companies have reported difficulties in filling positions, such as drivers to bring food and cutlery to schools, as have food production factories responsible for putting together student meals.

While schools have been scrambling, the federal government has tried to offer assistance. On September 29, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced it would provide $1.5 billion in emergency funds to help schools feed students. The agency said in a statement that the funds will "enhance the toolbox for school nutrition professionals working hard to make sure students have reliable access to healthy meals."

read more:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-districts-crippled-by-food-supply-shortages-could-have-to-return-to-remote-learning/ar-AAPqzXM?ocid=BingNewsSearch

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Excellent recommendation Ron. Once this was required reading in Our High Schools, along with "Brave New World, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm and Atlas Shrugged." A time when Body Image was as important as readiness, and Physical Education was Mandatory. 

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Our Mother made my Brother's and mine in a Home where both Parents worked beginning in the Early 50's. It was "Normal" then as No Schools had Provided Lunches. When School Cafeterias began, Our Mom appreciated the reduction in shopping and meal preparations. I missed using the "Wax Paper" to use on the Slide! However, food or not, it is Childrens Education, mentally, emotionally, physically and socially that continues to suffer. Without agenda free educators and parents working towards these common goals, our Society and Nation will continue to fail.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Just a thought, but has anyone asked "Mom" how she feels about taking the extra time to make the sandwiches, wrap them up, add the fruit and juice to a bag for each kid before heading "Off to Work" in addition to getting herself ready, because I'm willing to bet that in most Households, Papa ain't gonna do it! Aside from none of this having anything to do with the ever sinking quality of American Education, and "No Actual, Serious, Road Map Suggestions of How To Repair the Damage!"

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Two of my sons raising children on their own are packing lunches every school day, so dads in fact DO that, and clean house, do laundry, get groceries, take the kiddies to the doctor, plans overningths with friends, birthday parties........yes, responsible parents  can pull it together and make it happen. When we have children we become responsible for feeding them, it isn't the states job!

My parents did it for 4, and they both worked full time jobs six days a week, mom and dad made ALL the meals for the family, they were both excellent cooks.

BUT, the story is about using the problem/difficulty with providing lunches to shut down education AGAIN, over something that has NOTHING to do with education!

• This reply was deleted.
    • I had one or two teachers like her.. and they did it all on a pittance of what they are paid today... the teachers of today are nowhere what they were once.  They are more interested in training up new world compliant individuals with low expectations and even lower ability.  A new age of surfs.

• SERIOUSLY??????? What happened to parents packing lunches for their kids?

• If it isn't packaged, ready to eat, and in its own bag, it's too much like work... to make sandwiches and put them with a carton of juice, and an apple, orange, or banana in a bag or insulated lunch box.

• NEW FIRESIDE CHAT

FiresideChat_Thumbnails_209-30.png

EVERYTHING in life is a choice: Courage, happiness, religion, marriage, everything. The sooner you realize this, the happier your life will be. Dennis also rants about what the media now labels “misinformation” and the fact that honest dissent is no longer permitted. Note: This episode was previously recorded.

Click here to watch this episode.

• George Orwell's dystopian novel '1984'is a prognostic tale about life under constant scrutiny in a totalitarian government. In the novel, Orwell describes life in a totalitarian state where one's thoughts and actions are constantly scrutinized by an ever-watchful Big Brother. This novel has become a prescient guide to the current political transformation aking place in the USA and world.

When Orwell's views of life under tyranny is taken in context with his novel 'Animal farm' one has a complete guide to the Marxist's path too control the social order in the Earth. Group speak, newspeak, Ingsoc have created ‘Doublethink’ to control people’s thought processes. Doublethink permits one to hold two contradictory thoughts whilst simultaneously believing in both of them; it is “to know and not to know”. Confused, so are they. These processes together with Newspeak, the official language in 1984, words and their meaning have become the tools to meet the ideological needs of Ingsoc. The government now has an approved list of words to be used when speaking about the fundamenals of life and the Marxist ideological precepts.

I would recommend if one has not read these novels that one does... and that all of our children are encouraged to read them and discuss them with their parents. These two novels expose the radical transformation of the world into a dystopian totalitarian government... as they seek to control our every THOUGHT and ACTION.

• If the doo hits the fan, half of America will not know how to do without the conveniences, they'll starve without the ready to eat!

This reply was deleted.