Replies

•  I used the reported 26K troop figure and the latest figures for COVID tests going positive... in America.  And yes, the unnecessary deployment of 26K troops in mass to DC is very disturbing from a COVID management perspective... and the DUMB ASS who came up with those numbers and the concept needs to be retired or fired.

• And my intent with suggesting IMPEACHMENT was to flag the ludicrousness of charging President TRUMP with inciting a riot for merely speaking to the million or two that came to DC to support him and to DEMAND THE LEFT'S COUP BE STOPPED.

YOU ARE AN ASS.   A REALLY POORLY EDUCATED PERSON IN THE FIELD OF ACQUISITION.

I AM NOT AND NEVER HAVE PROFESSED TO BE AN EXPERT IN DEPLOYING TROOPS.

TRUST ME, YOU ARE NOT EVEN MINIMALLY QUALIFIED IN THE FIELD OF ACQUISITION.

• The fact that senior commanders and staff are being told they are not qualified to handle the acquisition of major military items says mountains about why there are overruns and programs that produce ships, aircraft, armor, and weapons systems that are substandard at delivery and require upgrades and more money to bring them online... when the military officers handled such projects they delivered ahead of schedule and produced products that EXCEEDED specifications... the B-52 and M-60 tank being two examples of such excellence in contract administration... others include a whole host of WW2 aircraft, ships, armor, and munitions... not today... most major projects and programs end up with overruns, late delivery, substandard performance that require additional investment and time to bring the project within delivery specs... 

You are the twit... and your defense of the military contracting service ignores the facts and long history of failures to meet specs, deliveries, and quality 

• Senior commanders can probably contract for porta potties.   Though I have seen some disaster.   A purchase order for 50 porta potties with alternate day servicing.   And, no provision for when the porta potties are tossed into a ravine at the end of a rotation and the field person goes into a helicopter to search for them is a routie example.

And, I've seen contracts for leasing heavy equipment that was NONFUNCTIONAL AT DELIVERY and the contracting person put NO PROVISION IN THE CONTRACT TO REQUIRE THE EQUIPMENT BE UP AND RUNNING BEFORE THE PERORMANCE COMMENCES.   No provision for timely replacement of broken stuff like lawn mowers.   Yeah.   I've seen those messes and have been called on to negotiate AFTER THE FACT.   

My contracts for thoe base support things were written with 'Murphy's Law' in mind.   A lawn mower lease should say more than 24 mowers for 6 months.  But that's the norm with untrained personnel

All government contracts are subject to TRIPLE A AUDIT.   JUST AS MINE WERE.   In nearly 30 years, many were audited.   I AM QUITE PROUD TO SAY THAT I NEVER HAD A SINGLE FINDING ON AUDIT.

And, let me tell you that military do screw up.  Engineers screw up.  I did a system contract for a HMMWV and trailer that would enavble its field placement as an airfield control tower.

52 HMMWVs and 52 trailers were amont the mountain of GFP.   And, 52 trailers that were inadequate to accommodate the generator were sent to the contractor facility at considerble cost to the taxpayer.   Another 52 trailers that were the appropriate size and strength then had to be shipped to replace them and hte original 52 shipped again to other locations as the contractor doesn't have a requirement to stockpile trailers at no cost.

And, thank Eeyore Gore for monkeying up Government Specs.   His removal of Government specs as he said, 'any box of cake mix works'.   Ask any cook about that.

His removal of FED SPECS and MIL SPECS could have cost the government a lottta money as one of the several radios on that system did not interface with the rest of the system because of that PERFORMANCE SPEC.   They still performed, just not with the others in the system.   Trust me that the Acquisition people had to do a workaround on a lot of systems.

You are way out of date when you are talking FED SPECS and MIL SPECS.   THEY WENT THE WAY OF THE ALBATROSS EEYORE GORE WAY BACK IN THE 90s.

Luckily the SINCGARS radio producer took on the issue and made it work.   HE DIDN'T HAVE TO.   HE COULD HAVE CHARGED OUT THE YAZOO AND BEEN WELL WITHIN HIS RIGHTS.   

YES, PEOPLE THAT KNOW NOTHING OF ACQUISITION COST TAXPAYERS A LOT OF MONEY WITH THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.   THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS OTHER THAN AS ONE OF THE EXPERTS THAT THE ACQUISITION OFFICER DEPENDS FOR INPUT AS TO THEIR FIELD OF THE ENDEAVOR.   Just as the Item Manager, Engineers, and LEGAL PROFESSIONALS.   

IT IS THE ACQUISITION OFFICER THAT IS TASKED WITH BRINGING THE WHOLE GROUP TO THE TABLE.

TRUST ME.  YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.   JUST AS I WOULD IF I WERE TO GO BACK INTO ACQUISITION.   

The FEDERAL ACQUISITION REGULATION GETS DAILY CHANGES.   IT IS A MOVING BALL.

• thanks to Biden and Kamala Harris. Go figure

• It is no surprise the troops are so poorly treated.  Ask any veteran that served under a Democrat president and you will find the military are treated as a subhuman species. The last 2 Democrat administrations were notorious for their blatant hatred and disrespect of those in uniform. 

• Let's cool it down a little. When all this happened or when orders were given, Biden wasn't Commander-In-Chief yet. Maybe you want to delete this post. Otherwise you might give the far left more ideas how to come after the best president in our lifetime. 

• Someone needs to be held accountable if what is being reported is true... most troops have a basic issue which includes a shelter half/tent... sleeping bag, ground mat, extra clothing, cold weather issue gear for winter... including unit winter tents, kerosene space heaters, water buffaloes, mess tents/trailers and all the needed items to support outdoor bivouacs in both winter and summer.

Did they bring such gear... if not... where is it? and why is it not available and in place NOW...  Porta potties can be contracted on relatively short notice... What happened... did anyone think to check for funding... that may be an issue.

• With the temps in DC at night lately FROSTBITE is a definite possibility.   It is not just a matter of comfort.

With the number of military bases in the DC area, all of this equipment should have been easily available.  Really made little sense to drag it all across the country, UNLESS THEY WERE ADVISED TO DO SO.   PLANNING WAS DEFINITELY DEPLORABLE.   IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE FUNDING, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE SENT THE TROOPS.   

And since the TROOPS WERE DIRECTED FROM THE TOP, THE BLAME GOES RIGHT TO THE TOP.

It's all over the news here.  FoxNews.   ..

• Democrats are treating our troops like shit?............I'm shocked,shocked I tell you!!! 

This reply was deleted.