ADMIN

The Pentagon blocked members of President Joe Biden’s incoming administration from gaining access to critical information about current operations, including the troop drawdown in Afghanistan, upcoming special operations missions in Africa and the Covid-19 vaccine distribution program, according to new details provided by transition and defense officials.

PolitiFact | Fact-checking Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and Ukraine

The effort to obstruct the Biden team, led by senior White House appointees at the Pentagon, is unprecedented in modern presidential transitions and will hobble the new administration on key national security matters as it takes over positions in the Defense Department on Wednesday, the officials said.

Biden openly decried the treatment his aides were receiving at the Pentagon in December, calling it “nothing short, in my view, of irresponsibility” after meetings were canceled ahead of Christmas. He said his people were denied information on the SolarWinds hack, and said his team “needs a clear picture of our force posture around the world and our operations to deter our enemies.”

But people involved with the transition, both on the Biden team and the Pentagon side, gave POLITICO a more detailed picture of what was denied, saying briefings on pressing defense matters never happened, were delayed to the last minute, or were controlled by overbearing minders from the Trump administration's side.

“Defense has traditionally been a bipartisan business between and among professionals, and this is terrible optics for those who want to copy this pettiness in the future,” said Mackenzie Eaglen, a fellow at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. The effort to block the transition from key national security information is “useless, poor form, and horrible precedent.”

This story is based on conversations with 10 Pentagon and Biden officials involved in the transition, most of whom spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations.

Tensions between the Pentagon and the Biden agency landing team emerged almost the moment the General Services Administration authorized the transition to begin in late November after an initial delay following the election. While the military side of the house — the Joint Staff and the geographic combatant commanders — were more cooperative, the civilian side set up roadblocks at every turn.

“They really should not be allowed to get away with this. It’s just completely irresponsible and indefensible,” said one transition official. “To play politics with the country’s national security is just really unacceptable.”

read more:

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/01/20/biden-pentagon-transition-460768?__twitter_impression=true

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Because he is an illegitimate fraud. Thank God.

• I have a feeling that if a third party were formed many Dems would join. There have to be some smart ones who can see through this corruption. 

• I wouldn't tell him shit, either! All the Dems. sleep with Camels or the CCP! Just look at Son of A Bitch Mitch the Treasonous Traitor!

• I wonder if a Writ of Quo Warranto is applicable to this current situation with Beijing Biden usurping the office of president?

• Probably ... applicable but getting the Judge to rule favorably on it may be more problematic than citing precedent... bet it is challenged for standing.or lack of jurisdiction.. those are always a catch all for mudding up the argument. 

• anything they tell biden will go straight to the CCP!!!!!

• Swalwell is a lying  taritor too, and Nancy put him on intel? Both parties are committng suicide to WE THE PEOPLE,and that's a GOOD THING!,as BOTH have morphed into evil entities and enemies to a free people!!!

• they have morphed into one party with two names!!!!!

• That alone is enough not to bother to vote, but we also got rigged elections. I don't want to vote and legitimize rigged elections with high voter turnout like they do in China, North Korea, etc.

• ACtually in my opinion, Biden himself should be denied sensitive National Security imformation.  The man is a Traitor in the pocket of Communist China.  Therefore any of the people he appoints are very very very suspect.

This reply was deleted.