ADMIN

National Guard to keep 7,000 troops in DC until March

Fact check: National Guard protected Biden by remaining armed

A few thousand National Guard troops could end up staying in the nation’s capital until mid-March, a U.S. defense official confirms to Fox News.

The National Guard is in the process of meeting with various federal agencies to “determine their requirements” for troops to stay beyond January, the official said. Planning is underway, but no final decisions have been made, the official added.

Around 25,000 Guardsmen deployed to Washington D.C., ahead of President Biden’s inauguration after the deadly Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol where authorities were badly outnumbered by pro-Trump supporters.

The ceremony went off with only a few minor arrests. About a dozen Guard troops were removed from their posts after being vetted by the FBI, including two who made extremist statements about the event.

In a statement Thursday, the National Guard said about 7,000 troops would remain in Washington through the “end of the month.” But there is concern among some city and federal authorities that protesters might return to Washington in early March on the original presidential inauguration date, March 4.

read more:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/national-guard-to-keep-troops-in-dc-until-march/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Let's face it the commie dems used the National Guard as props and they did not care at ALL about them because they banished them to a frigid parking garage to sleep on the floor, NO COTS, THE PARKING GARAGE FLOOR.  They only started providing them with COTS because of PUBLIC OUTRAGE.  Typical commie liberals!!!!

• IT IS DESPICABLE , THE COMMIE DEMS ARE USING the Troops as PROPS., that's it!!!!  Where were the troops last summer as the terrorists antifa and blm were burning, looting and murdering people?  The commie dems did not want the national guard troops ANYWHERE AROUND, did they?

• Bingo! Cathy and guess what Yahoo announce that Joe Biden has the highest rate approval rating than Donald Trump goes figure.

• Gee, I thought huffing airplane glue was passe.

• isn't that something?

• Trump had them go in under the insurrection act.  The country is under military control.  They know all about the vote, the foreign interference, etc.  From all I've read and listened to the is going to be making a lot of arrests.  

• Arrests..........can't wait.  April 26 is MY deadline.  But I want them NOW!  It is not my timeline to make.  Impatience is my worst enemy within.  I have heard of minor arrests.  Of course no media will broadcast any.  Where is the once RINO-ladened Newsmax.  Please, less self-inflating egos and more intense reporting with facts.  "Please, sweet Jesus, bring on the arrests."  The worriment and emotional pain is so great..... AND I know that I am alone as 80,000,000 are with me.  

• I heard from a friend of mine there will be a lot of arrest is going to be made.

• (Read my other comment firstly, please.)

Jeff Noncent, this is what I actually wrote.  AOL did not include my parenthetical startement to them.

"In this country, we have freedom of speech. If we do not have freedom of speech, then we indeed do not have freedom at all. We can agree to disagree, and that is traditional and perfectly fine. Whether or not Curt makes it into the BHF should be based upon his baseball performance and not what he says. What some are saying is, "Curt might make the BHF if he would shut his mouth. We can say what we want to say, but he cannot." That is not unity, it is forced conformity which is tyranny. I cannot say that I agree with him, but he does have a right to think as he wishes and say what he wishes. He should not have to be a fake. I thought baseball was about sports and a child's game played by men and we cheer, boo, cry, and laugh. Why is MLB, the sportswriters, and this article's author trying to make it political ("He’s shared racist and transphobic memes" That is your OPINION.)? You can share your thoughts about his beliefs. That is your right. We don't have to agree or disagree. And Curt can say what he wishes and we don't have to agree or disagree. It is his right. Let's judge him on his baseball career. We don't have to invite him into our house or convention. If you take his rights away, you have taken your own rights away as well. Think long and hard on that, please."

• it's very interesting, to say the least.

This reply was deleted.