ADMIN

The best minneapolis memes :) MemedroidThe Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously approved a measure to abolish the city’s police department — a radical proposal amid nationwide efforts by activists to defund local law enforcement agencies.

The 12-0 vote will not automatically dismantle the department, but is a first step in a long legislative process that will ultimately need popular support by city residents in a November election.

The proposal gained popularity among city council members amid widespread protests and riots in the city following the killing of George Floyd by a city police officer last month.

Officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on Floyd’s neck until Floyd lost consciousness and ultimately died, which was captured on video. Floyd’s killing touched off nationwide protests against police brutality and sparked efforts to defund or abolish police forces in cities across the country.

The vote to abolish the police force Friday will require amending the city’s charter. A draft amendment that was posted online suggests replacing the force with a “Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention.”

read more:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/minneapolis-city-council-approves-measure-to-abolish-police-force/

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Minneapolis police officers should cash in their pensions en bloc and leave. With this vote they will have no credibility on the job even if this ultimately fails to go through

• They tried to reform that police department for decades. They were getting Federal level advice but could not do anything because of the Union

• Now, there is some election fraud in the making. If ever you wanted to investigate election fraud, this would be the prime event. The mayor will have her own army of brown shirts using gestapo intimidation of the civilians. No training ( other than what george soros pays for ).  With the mayor's propaganda arm, the leftist media, they will cover up all abuses committed by the fascist squad. This is not going to end well. Who keeps these useless tools in check? Does this mean when the blm protest again, this untrained, unvetted army of gestapo goes home and cowers until the event is over?

Minniapolis, you deserve everything you vote for or allow to be foisted on you through election fraud. You all better arm yourselves to the teeth.

• I am worried that there aren't enough smart people to elect Republicans so you can get a city run to prevent this from happening. 

• Well, this should solve nothing. Wait until one of these city council idiots needs some help. lol 

• If anyone heard that poor woman with her child in the car call 911 because the mob was attacking her car knows how this will work out. Now you Minneapolis voters make sure you put these incompetant so called leaders back in power. 

• You just can't fix stupid.

• This will be interesting. I do believe they will come to regret this STUPID decision

• Let me guess. Minneapolis is run by demorats, right? 

This reply was deleted.