ADMIN

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Joins Riots

Portland's mayor has slammed protesters for 'attempting to commit murder' and says they are going to be used as 'props' in President Trump's reelection campaign as violent clashes between demonstrators and police continued for the 71st night. 

Mayor Ted Wheeler, who as recently as last month joined protesters on the streets of downtown Portland, on Thursday decried the unrest that has roiled the city in the months since George Floyd's death. 

In a hastily called virtual news conference alongside Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell, Wheeler condemned protesters for setting fire to the Portland Police Bureau's East Precinct building while officers were still inside on Wednesday night.

'When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder,' Wheeler said. 

'I believe that city staff could have died last night. I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms. 

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8604159/Portlands-mayor-slams-protesters-setting-fire-police-precinct.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, so how's that pandering thing working?

• Let's see: this is a problem because the opposition might gain some advantage in the election. Really?

• The light bulb only went off because he doesn't want any video's of the destruction of Portland and other Metropolitan cities being burned used in President's Trump's campaign ads. If this was not an election year I doubt the comment would have been made.

• The last time I checked it was this duds responsibility to take care of these problems. If you are incapable of doing so GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

• Well,well,well, a lightbuld has finally lit in dimwits head.

• They always think we are stupid and do not realize they are responsible for this chaos. I would never vote for another Dem

• A dumba** democrat like Wheeler has NO business being the Mayor of a big city like  Portland. He would be more qualified working for the Portland Sanitation Dept.. 

• not only that he need to see how it feel to have garbage on his face smell like dead rat all over him.

• Let me suggest a relevant article at www.unrequitedpatriot.wordpress.com entitled The Cry-Baby Syndrome. You might find it funny, but accurate as well. 

James

This reply was deleted.