ADMIN

8145015264?profile=RESIZE_584x

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy was fired as a Fox News contributor, a spokesperson for the network told CNBC on Wednesday, as he joins President Donald Trump’s outside counsel amid an impeachment inquiry into the president.

The spokesperson said Gowdy “has been terminated and is no longer a contributor” to Fox, where the South Carolina Republican had appeared just days before to discuss the ongoing impeachment inquiry in the House.

A source familiar with the situation noted that Gowdy representing the president would pose a conflict of interest with his role as a Fox contributor. Gowdy’s agent waited to confirm the job change, the source told CNBC, which is why Fox revealed that he is no longer a contributor prior to an official announcement about his new role as Trump’s counsel.

Multiple outlets, including Fox, reported this week that Gowdy was hired to serve as outside counsel to Trump.

“I am pleased to announce that former Congressman Trey Gowdy is joining our team as Counsel to the President,” Trump’s personal lawyer Jay Sekulow told NBC News. “I have known Trey for years and worked with him when he served in Congress. His legal skills and his advocacy will serve the president well. Trey’s command of the law is well known and his service on Capitol Hill will be a great asset as a member of our team.”

read more here: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/09/fox-terminates-trey-gowdy-amid-reports-he-joined-trumps-legal-team.html?

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After years of watching fox news I STOPPED because of their actions. To hell with fox!!!

• I only watch a few things on fox these days, only shows that are still 100% loyal to Trump and that, therefore, report only the truth rather than give us filtered interpretations of what they think the news is. 

•  Fox lost and Trump (Capitalism) won. We ain't going quietly into the night!

• Once again, Trump proves that he only hires the best. Gowdy is one of the most loyal people and I have no doubt that he will uphold his pledge to the President. Go get them, Congressman Gowdy!!!

• I don't remember the 
    Pravda/Goebbels propagandists in a hurry for gore to concede to bush in 2000 nor hitlery conceding in 2016.  hitlery still says she won in 2016.  Her FRAUD didn't work then and their FRAUD won't work this time!!!!!

• This legal election challenge just may prove out as a viable approach. Typically, the public has been told by political experts that once an election winner has been declared with concession, that pretty much settles the contest. No one from our second historic Presidential election on wants a long legal challehged outcome as S.O.P. . But with the legacy media having squandered its news source credibility, declaring victory favoring a candidate by an unprecedented mass voting method, the old truisms just are not justified. Lets hope Trey Gowdy is effective within the Constitutional guidelines that are on time and  running.

• It's sad that I have to say, "Fox News was once a great news network!"  It seems that Fox would see that their suppport came from the Conservative folks that are tired of Liberal News.  Now I suppose Fox can share the Liberal audiance with CNN, NPR, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC...........  Excitement will soon come from entity that sees there is a strong part of the country that loves America and Conservative values; I'm glad we with the Tea Party have held together.

• I guess Fox thinks that Conservatives (Individualists) are passe. Fox ... here today gone tomorrow ... loyalty? Nah. Reminds me of Chamberlain's 'peace in our time'. Individual freedom is forever Fox ... you'll want us back one day ... ain't gonna happen!!

• Anthony, yes once great but now just propaganda toilte, except for Tucker Carlson, Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity.

This reply was deleted.