Fox News has cancelled host Lou Dobbs’ show, the outlet confirmed to the LA Times on Friday.
Dobbs joined Fox Business in 2010 and hosted “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” which is described by the network as “the #1 news program on business television.” The announcement comes a day after Smartmatic, a voting machine company, filed a $2.7 billion dollar lawsuit against Fox News in the New York Supreme Court. Dobbs came under fire during the 2020 election after pushing claims of election fraud.
He was forced to issue a fact-checking clip on his show in December 2020 after Smartmatic issued a legal letter regarding what it says was “false and defamatory statements and reports,” The Daily Beast previously reported.
“As we said in October, Fox News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on Fox Business,” a Fox News spokesperson said according to the LA Times. “This is part of those planned changes. A new 5 p.m. program will be announced in the near future.”