ADMIN

Who's to Blame for High Drug Prices? - Countable

Coronavirus drug remdesivir will cost $3,120 for the typical patient with private health insurance, the drugmaker said.

Gilead Sciences announced Monday that the antiviral drug will cost hospitals about $520 per dose for privately insured patients, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The shorter, more common course of treatment would work out to $3,120, while the longer duration would cost $5,720, the report said.

The drugmaker will offer a discounted rate to health programs like Medicare and the governments of developed countries, the outlet reported.

That rate will be $390 per dose, or $2,340 per patient for the shortest duration of treatment and $4,290 for the longer course, the report said.

read more:
https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/coronavirus-drug-remdesivir-to-run-3120-for-insured-patients/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

You need to be a member of Tea Party Command Center to add comments!

Join Tea Party Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mike...

I thought the SCOTUS just confirmed and removed the ban on immediate deportation for illegals caught entering the US illegally, without the need for an immigration hearing and lawyer?

• Hydroxychloroquine and Zinc...  is a tested and inexpensive 45 yr old drug that cures COVID19 nearly 100% of the time. It has no limiting patent and can be manufactured and sold without purchasing al license to do so from anyone.   As I understand it Dr. Fauci and Birx have a monetary interest in Remdesivir... This relationship is outrageous and may well be criminal collusion and lead to manslaughter.  Most individuals will not be able to afford this new drug... 

It appears many US Patients will be leaving for Mexico for treatment.  This is pure B/S and the President needs to sue the manufacture for price-fixing... if they can sell it for 390.00 a dose in the 3rd world they can sell it for the same price in the US.   520.00 per dose appears to be price gouging and fixing.  

• We have some wonderful friends that are in their 80s! They have a wonderful doctor who showed up at their house and gave them hydroxy chloroquine to take daily to protect them from the virus! Amazing doctor who knows the great powers of this most inexpensive drug!

• The Zelenko protocol has been proven to reduce the effects of covid-19 if given in the correct amounts and in the early stages of infection. Our big business reserchers have found another way to reach into the pockets of the American public with their new drug and many of them will become very wealthy. Dr. Zelenko has treated his patients with well known easily available low cost drugs and therefore has been driven into obscurity by big pharma. I am shopping around and stocking up on the component drugs/minerals Dr. Zelenko recommends. 

• Fauci, Birx and Bill Gates for starters. 

• How I DO wish Trump would disassociate himself from them!

• From what we have heard it would be fairly easy to fire them... for ethics and conflicts of interests .

• He had every oportunity to do so. If we can find things out, he should be able to, also.

• It's time we tell him and make sure he knows.! Everybody I know, that pays attention to what is happening, does not Trust Fauci nor Birx.  For me, as soon as I saw the emails he wrote to the Hillary campaign, I never want to see or hear from him again.

President should be advised that his supporters want to see those 2 out!

• One of the first things Trump did was lower drug prices to make them affordable for all Americans. Most politicians may be in the pockets of big business but Trump is his own man because he is rich and successful himself. He knows how to negotiate (The Art of the Deal!!!!) and he applied his great skills to dealing with big pharma right away.

This reply was deleted.