Replies

• They did NOT eliminate a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT THAT NEVER EXISTED.   They determined it to be unconstitutional.  It was never constitutional in the first place.    It is a STATE matter.

• ADMIN

Right!  And, it was the court making law not Congress.

• The court made no law.   They merely applied the law AS WRITTEN.   That's their job.   Nowhere in the Constitution was abortion mentioned.   Therefore, it falls to the states to deal with.   

THAT IS NOT MAKING LAW.   THAT IS APPLYING LAW AS IT IS WRITTEN,   And the Constitution says that where a topic is NOT ADDRESSED IN THE CONSTITUTION, IT APPROPRIATELY FALLS TO THE STATES.   The 'MAKING OF LAW' BY THE COURT WAS IN THE 50 YEAR OLD MISTAKE.    That was the court attempting to MAKE LAW.

• Forigve me but the Court DID NOT make law,  it simply appled a truth in that the constitution of the US did not include abortion as a right.

• You are correct, the court doesn't MAKE law, simply decides if laws passed by Congress are constitutional or not, if it is brought to them for a decision.

• Correct!!!

• Great news and thanks to the Supreme Court on behalf of the millions of little defenseless human lives that will be saved.

• Now it goes to the states. Will the states let the people vote on abortion?

• Thats the way I remember it when I was growing up. Then everything turned upside down,

The Universe has its time to turn past wrong's back to rights of Life..

• I suspect that some will follow the lead of SCOTUS and eliminate the so-called 'right' to abortion and others will continue to allow it. I do wonder if this desision will stop the feds from using taxpayer money to support abortion facilities such as Planned Parenthood? Personally I doubt it.

This reply was deleted.