ADMIN

Mike Flynn Meme | TRUMP MEMES LIBRARY | Flickrapp

A federal appeals court Thursday has agreed to hear a request from Michael Flynn's legal team to remove the district judge overseeing his case, and has also ordered the judge to explain his controversial and unorthodox conduct in handling it. 

Judge Emmett Sullivan has been given a June 1 deadline to respond. The government has also been invited to "respond in its discretion" during that window. 

Flynn's legal team had filed a request on Tuesday asking the appeals court to remove Judge Emmett Sullivan from the case, claiming the judge was biased against the defendant. Following the Justice Department's request earlier this month to dismiss the case against Flynn, Sullivan had appointed retired federal Judge John Gleeson to file an amicus curiae brief arguing in favor of not dropping the case against the general.

read more:

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/judge-michael-flynn-case-given-11-days-respond-request-dismiss

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know the law and if there is any wiggle room left I'm sure Sullivan will take it but it isn't going to be accepted by the higher courts.  I'm sure Sullivan is doing what he has been told and is probably fighting over some strong threats comming from??? But most of those power eliets (sp) are feeling some pain also.  Game On If not check mate at least the King has to move I think we just took out the Queen Chess anyone!!

• I don't think this is exactly what Judge Sullivan wanted.  As I have said before -- Sidney Powell is one hell of a Lawyer -- Shall we play a game??? In this case I think this is CheckMate

• this is going to be revealing who is behind it all.

• The term “judicial activism” refers to errors in a judge’s method of analysis and is not simply a criticism of a case’s outcome. When a judge puts policy considerations above the requirements of law, bends the text of the Constitution or laws to comport with his or her own sensibilities, or otherwise angles for particular results in a case, that judge has stepped outside the proper constitutional role of policing the structural limits on government and neutrally interpreting the laws and the Constitution.

• Most likely that judge is another Trump hater. Scared to death of him. It's time these people are ALL brought to justice. Show them they are not as immune to the law as they think they are. They are scared to death that Trump is going to expose them. And he is.

• This judge is part of the deep state and is taking his marching orders from Obama, Clinton, Comey, Brennen, Clapper and Andrew Weissmann.

• If there is to be any wire taps then they should be wire tapping Obama, Clinton, Comey, Brennen, Clapper and Andrew Weissmann to find out there treasonist plans.

• they are terrorist themselves

• yes I agree

• Sullivan needs to be thrown off the bench for being so openly prejudiced against Flynn.

This reply was deleted.