gun (87)

Senator Boxer(D) and Senator Feinstein(D) of California introduce bill that could ultimately lead to the confiscation of your guns!

The bill would allow anyone to seek a "Firearm" Restraining Order against anyone else they deem is dangerous to themselves or others.

This bill is too vague and doesn't define any necessary terms or precautions with something as huge as this, as are most bills from people like these, so they can purposely interpret the bill and enforce it any way they need to.

You don't need new laws to stop violence. As in the case of the Las Vegas shootings that happened this last Sunday, there were a lot of people that knew what the shooters intended. The room mate of the shooters admitted they told her of their plan. All it would have taken is for someone in this case to call the police and inform them of the situation.

We don't need any new laws to get warped by the liberals to fit their agenda.

Here is a link to the story...

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/gun-confiscation/

Read more…
Recent articles floating around the Internet suggest that there is a conspiracy to prevent you from buying ammunition.  Not only do I not believe it to be true, it seems as though that by perpetuating these rumors, they become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The facts are that the ammunition industry is working overtime to try and meet demand.  The "hoarding" mentality brought on by fear has created a demand that cannot be met with normal production efforts.  This has caused shortages, which have fed the frenzy of irrational buyers, which has created a greater and greater demand.  Naturally, with a huge demand and supplies limited by total production capability, there will be price increases, availability shortages, and some "profiteering" among opportunists.

Everyone, please take a deep breath, give the manufacturers a chance to catch up with their inventories, and prices/availability will normalize.  Our economy is still driven by the free market.  There is a market for ammunition.  There will be ammunition either produced here or imported as long as there's a profit to be made.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be vigilant.  You should stay active with all of the 2nd Amendment groups and continue to hold elected people accountable for their actions.  What I am saying is don't focus on several negative issues to a point of paranoia and "herd mentality".

Hang in there.  We are making a difference.  We are winning; otherwise the politicians and the media wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit and destroy us.

God Bless You All! God Bless America!

It's the end of the primary lead smelter
in Herculaneum (and I feel fine)

smalline

(We ran an earlier article on this subject
"Back Door Gun Control Moves Forward", on 11/2/13).

By Bob Owens, November 8th, 2013
Article Source

In recent days various news outlets, blogs, and forums have gotten very worked up over the closure of the nation's last primary lead smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri. Many are claiming that this is an attempt of the Obama Administration to implement "backdoor gun control" by destroying the lead used as the primary metal in most bullets and shot used by the ammunition industry.

This is simply untrue.

Despite the hysteria to the contrary, the primary smelter in Herculaneum has almost no direct impact on the U.S. ammunition market. Pure lead, in fact, is not desirable for the creation of ammunition as it is too soft. Pure lead is primarily used in the creation of low-contamination specialty products.

Where does all the lead in the U.S. go? The eggheads at the US. Geological Survey state:

By the early 2000s, the total demand for lead in all types of lead-acid storage batteries represented 88% of apparent U.S. lead consumption. Other significant uses included ammunition (3%), oxides in glass and ceramics (3%), casting metals (2%), and sheet lead (1%). The remainder was consumed in solders, bearing metals, brass and bronze billets, covering for cable, caulking lead, and extruded products.

According to Daniel Hill, Operations Manager at Mayco Industries—"the largest fabricator of lead based products, other than batteries, in the United States" including lead shot and the lead wire used by many bullet manufacturers— roughly validates these numbers. Hill said that least 80% of lead used in the United States secondary market comes from recycled batteries and another 7%-9% of lead on the market comes from other scrap sources. Only 10% of the lead in the U.S. comes from mining.

Translated into plain English, ammunition isn't a primary lead consumer (3%) in the United States, and the majority of the lead used by ammunition manufacturers comes from secondary smelters that recycle lead from car batteries.

Sierra Bullets confirmed earlier this week that they have never used lead from a primary smelter.

Tim Brandt of ATK (Federal Premium, CCI, and Speer ammunition), noted that they had just added this to the top of their frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Q: Does the recent news regarding a major U.S. lead smelter shutting down mean you'll have trouble obtaining lead for manufacturing conventional ammunition?
A: At this time we do not anticipate any additional strain on our ability to obtain lead.

Brad Alpert, President and Operations Manager ofMissouri Bullet Company, was even more blunt, calling fears of a shortage a "tempest in a teapot," stating that the closure of the primary smelter have "no impact" on their production.

David Hargett, CEO of new North Carolina-based ammunition manufacturer Cape Fear Arsenalconsiders the closure of the primary smelter a "non-issue."

In summary, the closure of the Doe Run primary smelter will have little to no impact on the ability of ammunition companies to produce bullets, because they have no direct interest in the consumption of "pure lead" produced by a primary smelter.

The ammunition companies we were able to speak with obtain the lead wire they use in the creation of bullets from secondary smelters and foundries that create lead alloys made from recycled lead from batteries and other scrap sources.

It's the end of the nation's last operating primary lead smelter, but not close to seeing the end of lead ammunition manufactured in the United States, nor are we seeing an attempt at backdoor gun control.

Author: Bob Owens:
Bob Owens is the Editor of BearingArms.com. A long-time shooting enthusiast, he began blogging as a North Carolina native in New York at the politics-focused Confederate Yankee in 2004. In 2007 Bob began writing about firearms, gun rights, and crime at Pajamas Media, and added gun and gear reviews for Shooting Illustrated in 2010. He is a volunteer in the Appleseed Project, where he shares stories of our shared American heritage and teaches traditional rifle marksmanship. His personal blog is bob-owens.com, and he can be found on Twitter at bob_owens.

Read more…
Care of:

police gun inspection

“We’re just here to have a look around…Uh, you don’t lawfully own a gun or anything, do you?”

Sound crazy? You obviously don’t live in Massachusetts.

Swampscott, MA Selectman Barry Greenfield introduced an enforcement discussion Wednesday that he hopes will lead to the safeguarding of guns in town — keeping them out of the hands of children.

In school shootings around the country, guns have been taken from parents and used by kids, he said.

The selectman said state law requires Massachusetts gun owners to keep their firearms locked away or rendered inoperable.

The problem, he said, is that police do not have the authority, granted by a local ordinance, to enforce the law and inspect the safeguarding of guns at the homes of the 600 registered gun owners in town.

The selectman said he has spoken with Swampscott Police Chief Ron Madigan about this.

“We need the ability to enforce the state law,” the selectman said.

If this incredibly bad goose-stepping attack on gun ownership sounds familiar, it should. The state of Washington considered it earlier this year. Then some lawyer read this thing called the Constitution and it went away.

But we’ve never been big on that whole “Bill of Rights” thing here in Kennedy Country. And so the town of Swampscott is going to decide whether or not to send the local cops door-to-door to visit lawful gun owners and, you know, just have a look around.

What could possibly go wrong?

gun confiscation

Am I exaggerating? A year ago if I’d warned about cops being sent to gun owners homes to “inspect” them, you’d have said that was exaggeration.  Five years ago if  I’d said Massachusetts towns would make it illegal to smoke outside you would have said the same.

By the way, nobody should be surprised that this attempt to intimidate gun owners is happening in Swampscott. It’s a town notorious for treating citizens like servants to be ordered around.

I’d just remind Selectman Greenfield that these things don’t always work out well for anti-gun extremists, even in Massachusetts. Just ask former Westford selectman Robert Jeffries.

Read more…

American People Oppose "Video Game Control"

A simple truth about politicians is they can’t leave well enough alone.  When incidents of tragedy happen, they look for “solutions” even when none exist.  That’s what happened when President Obama and a handful of members of both political parties suggested that government study the impact of video games and violence.

The president directed the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to spend 10 million taxpayer dollars on a study.  That study will pile on top of dozens of other existing studies when it is completed — the vast majority showing no link between video games and real life violence.  While the politicos look for something or someone to blame, the commonsense of the people already seems to know the answer.

New research and polling by Dr. Dr. Andrew Przybylski of Oxford University and YouGov.com asked Americans to discuss three critical questions regarding video games and violence:

1) Do video games contribute to mass shootings;

2) Are video games a useful outlet for frustrations and aggression; and

3) Should Congress enact new legislation to restrict the availability of games.

Not surprisingly, Americans distrust and opposition to big government "easy" answers came through loud and clear.

When asked whether video games contribute to incidents of mass violence, by a 59-41% margin, Americans  said NO.

When asked whether games are a useful outlet for anger and frustration, by a 71% to 29% margin, Americans said YES.

And when asked whether the government should intervene and restrict video games, Americans responded with a resounding NO — again by a 71 to 29% margin.

This data flies on the face of the politicians whose knee jerk reactions late last year was more government; more regulations and less freedom.  Even some conservatives like Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) said ”Put guns on the table, also put video games on the table, put mental health on the table" in response to invidents of violence.

Dick Heller, the famous plaintiff in the District of Columbia vs. Heller case that liberalized gun laws in Washington, DC and confirmed the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms has recently spoken out against efforts to get the government involved in what he called “virtual gun control.”

For generations, a growing number of Americans have pledged that the government can get their guns only from their “cold dead hands.”  Now it seems clear that a growing number of Americans feel the same way about their video game controllers.

Read more…

The Character of our politicians

This is likely one of the most redundant BLOGS available.

Little needs to be said about their Character....

But somebody suggested that I post questions I posed to then candidate Mark Sanford.

The questions were originally sent via email, with no reply.

Later I went to a campaign event where sANFORD was THE speaker.

I asked, in public, why I got no reply to my questions.

He said... must have slipped through the cracks.

I then asked if he would accept a written copy of my questions and provide answers to them.

He said, in public, sure.

I then handed my questions to him.

THAT was the END. I never got a reply nor did I get even a courtesy "beg-off".

I leave the rating of his Character to you.

...and you can apply your rating to others as you see fit.

Here are my questions..... were they reasonable?....

Have you been "stiffed" by your servant?.... Put some sunshine on them.

 = = = =

To: M Sanford, E Busch

 Gentlemen:

I assume you would like me to vote for you on May 7.

In order to make an informed decision, I need to know your position on a number of issues.

If you would kindly help me by answering these questions and returning your reply to me either via email to my911@aol.com or via FAX to[REDACTED TO SAVE TREES], I can proceed

  • Do you agree that Debt/Deficit is our most important /urgent problem?
    • What do you propose to do about it?
  • Do you support the Gang of 8 Immigration bill?
    • If NO, what specifically do you disagree with; will NOT support
    • What is YOUR program?
  • Do you support Gun Control bills being pushed by Fienstein, Bloomberg, Schumer, Obama?

    • What are your intended actions?

  • Do you support Obama’s budget?
    • If NOT, what explicitly, do you support
  • Do you reject Obamacare?
    • If YES, what will you do as my Congressman to assure de-funding of Obamacare?
  • Do you reject Obama, Clinton. et al on Benghazi-Gate

    • What specifically will you do about Benghazi-Gate

  • What is your position on the FBI bumbling of the Boston Marathon Bombers
    • What will you do as my Congressman to pour Sunshine on this disastrous failure

There are other issues for sure, such as your “baggage”. But I am more interested in going forward.

Please respond by May 1,2013.

I’m looking forward to your response

Read more…

More nonsense out of Virginia. their contact page;  https://www.governor.virginia.gov/AboutTheGovernor/contactGovernor.cfm ***************************************

Ms. Hayden,

I am sorry, but you are uninformed. This IS the Governor's lane......

What ordinances the City of Virginia Beach Police and the Larkspur Middle school employ to "determine" this incident was an involvement with a firearm, a child and the school - are predicated and based entirely on Virginia State Laws.... as in every other State of the Union.

For a City within the State of Virginia to redefine the word of the English language such as "firearm" to include a TOY gun... for the City of Virginia Beach to redefine the meaning of "school" to include the private property of this Child's parents (the Child's home) means the State of Virginia allows the City of Virginia Beach to re-write existing Virginia State LAW to include these descriptors.....

Funny, I have never heard of such a thing before. A Governor allowing a City to re-write existing State Laws for their own political agenda - without Statewide Citizens allowed a vote or your State Legislative input.

Sorry Ms. Hayden, but this is clearly Governor McDonnell's lane to address and I urge you to bounce this back for him to address it. Please be advised.... this is all over Social Media - and the responses I am seeing are exactly what I am writing to you - OUTRAGE!

And Ms. Hayden, I know it is confusing and I do not mean to sound like I am attempting to chew on you, quite the opposite.... but about twenty years ago they started putting the name "Aubrey" in the baby books as a girls name... The primary problem is.... for the past one thousand five hundred years (1,500).... it has been a mans name.

Respectfully,

SFC (retired) Aubrey Mason San Antonio, Texas

cc; Social media

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott

Tea Party Command Center

From: OfficeOfTheGovernor@governor.virginia.gov

my email redacted

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:09:12 -0400

Subject: From the Office of the Governor CRM:0128817

Dear Ms. Mason:   Thank you for contacting the Office of Governor Robert F. McDonnell.  Governor McDonnell is in receipt of your letter and he has asked me to respond on his behalf.   By your letter, it is clear that this matter is of the utmost importance to you.  However, it has been determined that your issue is a local matter within the City of Virginia Beach in which Governor McDonnell does not have the authority to intervene. This issue involves the bus stop, or in some cases depending on location, school property of Virginia Beach City Public Schools. You may wish to contact the Office of the Mayor, William Sessoms, Jr. at 757-385-4581. I am confident that his office will be able to appropriately address your concerns.   Thank you again for contacting the Office of the Governor.  Please do not hesitate to do so regarding future matters.   Sincerely,   Kathy Hayden Director of Community Relations Office of Governor Robert F. McDonnell     PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS Messages sent to this e-mail address will NOT be read. To send a reply, please use the contact form on the Governor's website, located at: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/AboutTheGovernor/contactGovernor.cfm