ADMIN

Zelensky suspends media and opposition parties

The Biden, Obama, Clinton corruption in Ukraine must be kept secret -  Imgflip

Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky has suspended the activities of 11 opposition political parties in Ukraine’s parliament and issued a decree that combines three privately-owned television networks into one media platform controlled by the government, according to media reports. Zelensky accused the opposition parties of colluding with Russia and trying to divide Ukrainians, while claiming that the television networks spewed Russian propaganda. The exigencies of war, as so often happens, impel so-called “democratic” governments to impose undemocratic measures in the name of defending democracy.

Western media and commentators, and many Western political leaders have portrayed the Russia-Ukraine War as an existential conflict between autocracy and democracy; as Vladimir Putin against the “free world.” We are repeatedly told by David Frum, Max Boot, Bill Kristol, and the crowd at MSNBC that our failure to defend Ukraine is a failure to defend “democracy.” Those war hawks will undoubtedly defend Zelensky’s moves as necessary steps to ensure the survival of an independent Ukraine. And they may indeed be necessary in wartime. Political opposition in wartime can hamper a nation’s war effort. That is why Putin, for example, is cracking down on protesters within Russia (which his government does as a matter of course, war or no war). That is why American presidents like Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt cracked down on dissent within the United States during the wars they presided over.       

Fortunately for us, the United States had deep democratic roots (independent courts, separation of powers, federalism, etc.) that sustained our democracy after the exigencies of war faded. Ukraine’s democratic roots, however, are thin. If Zelensky’s government survives this war, will the war measures be lifted? Will the opposition political parties be free to oppose Zelensky’s government? Will a free press be permitted to criticize government policies?

read more:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/03/zelensky_suspends_media_and_opposition_parties.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you think Biden had 80 million votes and was elected president I don't think so Putin wins every election with 100% of the vote do you believe this

• Good thinking, Richard!

• In no way do I believe dementia joe was honestly elected. Nor do I believe any election in a communist country reflects the desires of the people. I was referring to Ukraine and the layered onion of government corruption that has been in place there for years and their willingness to launder payments to corrupt US authorities and NGOs. 

• Ukraine people are split.  As I understand it, and who can trust what we are told, some Ukrainians want to be reunited with Russia while others hate Russia.  The two states want to be with Russia.  Do we hold trust in what we hear?  None of us should talk as if we know anything whatsoever.  But the Z-man has connections with the Clintons, the Bidens, and the oligarchs of the west and they desire one-world government.  While Putin fights his Russian oligarchs who desire a relationship with our oligarchs  Soros, Gates, et al.  I am with our old enemy Russia.  If Russia's oligarchs win, Putin loses and we have Gog and Nagog.  Do you understand?

• You don't move borders, the people who want to live in Russia can move to Russia!

• Beautiful, Lopez!!!   Yes, why would the larger segment of these two states want to move?   Where they live has always been their home - first under Russia and then under a government, Ukraine, they did not wamt.  And the Ukrainian government is overwhelmingly corrupt.  They dress the war as if it is about human rights and many say, "Oh, that is so sad.'  But wait, what about the rights of the "Russians" living in Ukraine?  The citizenship of all these folk is NOT the issue anyway!  Warm-water ports and the controlling of the waterway is the reason for water.

• Communism doesn't exist! Tell that to North Koreans, the people of Venzuaela, Cuba, several of the Central American countries, China.....etc.

• You are correct, but listen to the news idiots.  It could be the core issue.  But what do we really know?  MSM, Russian news, and other news sources are all corrupt.  Shall we play
      spin the bottle" and see which news wins.

• The corruption goes back to the Communist years. Back then the leade4ship lived like kings, they had huge Swiss accounts while the people starved. They ruled with an iron fist, killing anyone who spoke out against them, that is still happening in Belarus, that's how they keep the leadership Russia wants. The ukraine wanted an end to all that corruption, were looking to the west to get away from Putin. The other former Soviet countries went through this as well after 1991, but they were able to slowly clean house. Belarus and Ukraine are so infiltrated with Putin Russians that for them this is a lot harder to brake.

• Amen, Lopez! You wrote, "Here's the thing lady; you're just not tracking reality.  I'm done wasting time responding to and trying to correct all your bat shit, crazy misinformation.  You talk like someone who has been in sensory deprivation tank for the last fifty years." 

I said it differently, but it amounts to the same idea.  Let me insert my phrase for you to that intended one: 

I choose to ignore you and anything you write

as you seem to cause conflict between yourself and others

on seemingly all blogs

while offering nothing of constructive substance!

This reply was deleted.