ADMIN

35 Fake News ideas | fake news, news memes, fake

Former President Donald Trump has surpassed Richard Nixon as the poster child of corruption, according to Watergate sleuths Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

The pair, famous for how they helped expose the Watergate scandal in the Nixon administration nearly 50 years ago, were again published by the Washington Post on Sunday, days ahead of when the House committee investigating the Capitol riot is scheduled to hold the first in a series of summer hearings, calling Trump the first "seditious" president.

Whereas "instruments of American democracy finally stopped Nixon dead in his tracks, forcing the only resignation of a president in American history," Woodward and Bernstein write that Trump "not only sought to destroy the electoral system through false claims of voter fraud and unprecedented public intimidation of state election officials, but he also then attempted to prevent the peaceful transfer of power to his duly elected successor, for the first time in American history."

Trump, who has denied responsibility for the Capitol riot, engaged in a "deception that exceeded even Nixon’s imagination," they wrote, referring to the 45th president's efforts to challenge the results of the 2020 election.

Woodward and Bernstein draw a direct line between Trump's actions and the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the day lawmakers gathered to certify Joe Biden's presidential victory, with former Vice President Mike Pence presiding and refusing to play along with any bid to overturn the election's outcome.

read more:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/woodward-and-bernstein-brand-trump-the-first-seditious-president

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, you have to consider the source with this.   Trump is one of the ONLY politicians that can be believed. The Left has a sickness about Trump because he is now and always has been a rut in their road to fruition of their OWO and Communism.  The Left in this country is so low they have to look up to see down. They are reprehensible and that ANY American would buy what their selling speaks volumnes about the diminished mental acuity with which they are guided.  Unfortunately, there are more of them then I ever thought there were. But they are NOT the majority no matter how they tout themselves. They are the minority but the loudest and most violent.  With this administration behind them, they keep pushing us to communism.  

• Well said, Valerie.

• Are these two so ignorant they cannot see that Biden is actually destroying this nation? Trump did more for the people in America then any president in modern history. Perhaps ever!

• Don, that is exactly why they are vilifying President Trump the way they are, he was the best president in my lifetime of 72 years, including Reagan!!!!!  JFK was murdered because he opposed the new world order that lbj was up to his big flappy ears into!!!!!!!!!!  satan will have his 7 years and then it is the Lake of Fire for him and his minions on the left for eternity!!!!!!!!!

• Mine too and I'm 83!

• They're on his side and aiding him.

• They have a hard time letting go of Trump as he was one of the best presidents we have had & stopped a lot of what they had planned. So sick of it & wish they would concentrate on taking care of the country instead of being the cry babies they are

• ROFLMAO........Woodward and Bernstein remind of two of the three stooges. The third would be Biden or maybe the whole Demonrat party.

• DLR, don't leave out the gop establishment, they are right there in line to get their piece of the tyrannical pie!!!!!!!!!!

This reply was deleted.