ADMIN

Waiting Skeleton Meme - Imgflip

The White House is blasting Senate Republicans in a Tuesday evening statement after GOP lawmakers blocked an effort to move forward on a $10 billion Covid aid package.

A 47-52 vote saw every Republican senator decide against beginning debate on the spending bill, after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell threatened to withhold support absent a provision keeping a Trump-era border policy known as Title 42 in tact was included.  

The Biden administration announced it would lift the order, which allows any border agent to turn away asylum-seekers on contact in the name of keeping virus cases down, on May 23.

Democrats needed 10 Republicans on board for the measure to move forward. It now could be delayed until after the Senate's two-week break beginning April 11. 

'It is disappointing that Senate Republicans voted down consideration of a much-needed bill to purchase vaccines, boosters, and life-saving treatments for the American people,' White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement hours after the vote.

'As we have repeatedly said, there are consequences for Congress failing to fund our COVID Response. The program that reimbursed doctors, pharmacists and other providers for vaccinating the uninsured had to end today due to a lack of funds.'

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10690073/White-House-slams-Senate-GOP-blocking-10B-COVID-bill-Psaki-says-step-backward.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The last line in this posted message sounds like a threat to me.  I don't believe the Left is EVER truthful.  

• Anybody want to bet the farm on this - Is covid relief the only thing in the bill?  My guess, is the bill is loaded with pig pork.  I will bet anything on it.

• Dee-- You asked a legitimate question, "Why do they keep insisting Covid is still a thing?"  To me, the question is profoundly obvious: Against a backdrop of falling favorability numbers in the run-up to the midterms-- particularly for Joe Biden-- Democrats cynically perceive a payoff from fanning COVID hysteria.  Yes, Democrats need COVID.

• COVID was by design, like so many threats and fears that are presented to us. COVID is just the beginning. I am sure there are worse diseases ready and waiting.  I did read that there is a hemmoraghic fever waiting in wings. The Globalists will have their way regardless of the human cost. 

• Slush fund is the correct label for this latest scam against We the People who pay taxes to the federal criminal scam machine!!!!!!!!!!

• Glad they finally did something right!

• What about all of the illegals coming into this country that are unvaccinated and the communist jen psaki don't want to look at.  What nationality is jen sukiaki?

• Vaccination as we see all the vaccinated getting Covid again and again will make no difference for the illegals or us! 
      I believe Psaki is an American by birth, names mean nothing here, we are a melting pot, have people from all over the world, the key is......do they melt in?

• The Republicans got this correct.  This bill is the last thing that is needed - doesn't the White House realize that COVID is no longer a pandemic?  They keep telling us they follow the science; what a joke!

• Martha, the only "science" they follow is political science and then only when they can pervert it to advance their satanic agenda!!!!!!!!!!

This reply was deleted.